Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 93965 (1.60 MP compatible build, post 1.60 release)

But they're dayz-oriented
Still wasting posts and peoples time with it? Get over it already.

I don't care that they are DayZ oriented as we get more commands to use, a better optimised engine, etc! Why is that a bad thing? As SB says 'Get over it!'

Maybe,i am wrong because most of guys posting here don't quit the editor ...

But when you play a lot,you face a lot of annoying bugs (tickets are on CIT for ages) ... i think it's a bit annoying to see devs working on secondary bugs/features rather than primary ones ...

Why other mods that have what arma is now don't get as much attention as dayz ?!

If you play warfare (vanilla),you will see that there 's still a lot to improve !

@SB :This is my last comment concerning this !

Unable to reproduce.

What car are you using?

Tried it with vodnik ambulance and Kamaz truck !

Edited by On_Sabbatical

Because DayZ made OA sell zillions, thats why.

Because DayZ made OA sell zillions, thats why.

and the community that made it possible is second rank now

As a business what would you do ? seriously second rank pfft.

and the community that made it possible is second rank now

So by your statement DayZ players are not a part of the community? Interesting point of view ...

So by your statement DayZ players are not a part of the community? Interesting point of view ...

you even quoted me and it doesnt say that.....

you even quoted me and it doesnt say that.....

Well, it kinda does. But that's not the point. The point is, you should welcome every fix the engine gets, no matter what kind of creature triggered that new enthusiasm BIS shows for fixes right now. I'm just tired of the constant whining about DayZ did this and DayZ did that. And the discussion should stops here and now for me; this ain't a smalltalk.

I would say no, DayZ is not really part of the vanilla ArmA 2 community, in as much as a great many DayZ players will likely never play ArmA 2 vanilla.

It's a mod based on ArmA 2 but the core gameplay is different enough that someone who likes DayZ will not necessarily like ArmA 2.

I'm glad for the betas, even if the fixes are "DayZ related" because they still affect ArmA 2 vanilla gameplay as well. So far the base ArmA 2 community has not become "second rank" because we all benefit from these changes.

enough of ranting