Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 93965 (1.60 MP compatible build, post 1.60 release)

Right, you need to zoom in. Tho you may get some LOD flickering.

Nah, that's just your dog quivering in excitement & expectation when it becomes aware of the objects of your attention.

On a serious point - even in daylight (0900, 50% overcast) Chernarus looks dismally dark & dingy with the default settings for gamma, etc. IMHO the defaults need toning down (or rather, up) somewhat.

Edited by Orcinus

I like to select on amount of players. Don't want to scroll through 100 servers with 50/50 to find 1-5 non

dayz servers.

I have no problem with DayZ, I play it myself once every while, but there's just too many DayZ servers. I hope for an option to filter out these servers.

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/34222

I second that - you *can* sort on mission to scroll past the DayZ ones, but you would usually be interested in then sorting on ping, players or something. So one sorting column has to be added: Sort by mission, then by ping (or some other)

I dont have the stutter or LODing at all... have you tried defrag your HD? For me it is very smooth experience

Mr, I am very curious about your settings and configuration, can you please post them? No matter what i did I still get those.

This are my settings:

VD: 3500

Reso: 1680*1050 (3D & interface)

Texture: Normal

Vid Mem: Normal

Aniso: Normal

AA: Normal

Terrain: Normal

Objects: High

Shadow: High

HDR: High

PP Effects: Very Low

PPA and FXAA: 3

Here's my PC Specs

CPU: Q9550 @2.83Ghz

RAM: 4Gb

Gfx Card: Radeon 4870 512kb (I think)

I don't have stutter with this beta but the LOD changes from low to high and vice versa are way too slow. Instantaneous changes would look MUCH better OR just keep the LOD when you hold RMB.

Really really noticeable on trees.

Quoted for damn truth. But just use filters to not see it. Some might call us haters, but it is annoying having to scroll trough 100's of it.

Agreed, we need better filtering options.

I get massive lag in Cher in DayZ but then even before this BETA I have all ways laged there with and with out DayZ :(.

My system aint crap nor the best but it does seem to struggle near some trees,towns etc etc etc.

Instantaneous LOD switching when using a scope is perfect! RMB zooming is the other way around now though, way too slow. Making it so the LOD swap occurs during the actual zooming would pretty much solve the whole issue with vegetation LODs.

When car is driving and player is on the backseat,he can lose gear if he tries to move items from his inventory to car's gear using units menu:

Repro:

- Get in a car in the backseat,and let it drive (ai)

- Open map then go to units,then gear.

- Remove items from your inventory to car's gear.

- Notice that gear disappears.

And btw,LOD switching is terrible for me ... feels like GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=8;

Hi all.

I've recently started playing arma 2 through dayz. With the latest set of beta patches and the purchase of a new HD6970 vga to run in crossfire with my existing card, I am getting strobing issues. The screen flickers bright white, gets more intense until whole screen is saturated, then goes dark. The screen then gradually returns to normal.

No other game gets this issue.

I noticed this playing dayz, but am I half way through the campaign red harvest and I never get the issue then. I then ran the armory in arma 2 with only 93965 running (no other mods) and the strobing occurs. If I disable crossfire it stops.

No amount of setting changes seem to prevent it.

I'm not sure which beta version this started in as I only bought the new card this week, and the betas have been coming thick and fast - great support from this studio!

Thank you for any/all help received in this matter, I only bought the extra card for arma 2/dayz/arma 3.

SPEC:

OS Windows 7 64 bit

Intel i7 quad core 3.6ghz OCed to 4.4ghz

kingston hyperx genesis 8GB RAM at 1650mhhz

gigabyte X79-UD3 socket 2011 DDR3 MB

2x HD6970 2GB gfx in xfire

all complaining about lods, CIT, repro cases, videos ... otherwise it's hard to fix or else

When car is driving and player is on the backseat,he can lose gear if he tries to move items from his inventory to car's gear using units menu:

Repro:

- Get in a car in the backseat,and let it drive (ai)

- Open map then go to units,then gear.

- Remove items from your inventory to car's gear.

- Notice that gear disappears.

I can't reproduce this. Was the car's cargo space full?

Trying to record the strobing issue, I noticed that when I press record (FRAPS), it stops the issue occuring. All I can capture is what happens after the strobing stops, the gradual return to normal light.

Hope this helps.

I have noticed disappearing gear since at least 1.5-something. It isn't specifically related to the vehicle cargo-space being full; 'normally' if it's full, if you try to move an item from your inventory into the vehicle (whether you are inside or not, IIRC) it appears on the ground. However, in some missions it just vanishes. Very annoying if you were swapping your precious, one-only AA launcher for an AT launcher to deal with an approaching APC or whatever.

all complaining about lods, CIT, repro cases, videos ... otherwise it's hard to fix or else

When you're done with dayz fixes ,which is an unofficial zombie mod,tickets would be more meaningful ... as now,they don't get any attention from you !

No the cargo was empty !

Myke;2176204']Repeating your question will not raise the probability to get a answer. Devs will give a answer if they see it's worth it. Regarding HDR' date=' obviously Devs thinks it is realistic, you think it is not. Devs can make changes to the sourcecode, you can't. It's no voodoo to guess the outcome of such a discussion.

If you really think it is a bug, feel free to post it in the CIT. Meanwhile please refrain from posting the same questions twice or more.[/quote']

Sorry, I figured posting it in the suggestions area would mean it would never get looked at and i belived this to be a high traffic thread for developers. Can you blame me? I am considering creating a more in depth topic on this issue in the future in the proper section. For the meantime i just wanted a quick update as i assumed the agressive use of the HDR aperature effect in ARMA II was being looked into already and a fix would mabye be included in a beta patch.

I understand HDR is an integral part of the engine itself but i am sure the use of aperature could be toned down or removed completely (Where the screen darkens depending on where you look). I was born with eyes and I know my pupils contract in daylight but never darken my sorroundings to the extremes that ARMA II does.

there is Image Tone Mapping thread in this very same section of BIForum,

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?135667-Improved-tone-mapping-for-1-61-proposal

feel free to prepare better settings for Reinhard or Filmic, which will work at:

all times of day (i use increments by 30 minutes)

avoid overbright sky when pitch black night or sky being glown before surise / after sunset

sun and moon above horizon ( i test with full moon, half mood, quarter moon, lil moon, no moon)

low altitude sun or moon

shadows not being too bland or too strong

keep shades of grey

keep color vibrance

avoid being too grainy, grey or dark or bright

avoid black sky turn blue when at night

avoid other color weirdness or cutoff

etc.

if it was so easy , i would make better one already

or find (be) someone with expertise on coloring and image toning / photography

to talk about correct values for each daylight hour and variety of possible lighting scenarios

i'm open to discussion e.g. on skype

Edited by Dwarden

When you're done with dayz fixes ,which is an unofficial zombie mod,tickets would be more meaningful ... as now,they don't get any attention from you !

These fixes and improvements are made for the RV engine. The engine that runs Arma 2: OA. ;)

Just wanted to say that and also express my gratitude for the new tonemapping!

Edited by Dwarden
fixed it for you

Im trying to apply this patch but it doesnt work, OA (Steam version) still opens at 87580, why is this happening??

It isn't a patch as such, it functions like an addon. Use the shortcut it creates to launch it (the format for the launch line is quite different to vanilla).

Oh, btw there's a sticky thread near the top of this sub-forum that should help you, cunningly concealed by the title "!Beta Troubleshooting, Tips, FAQs" :yeahthat:

Im trying to apply this patch but it doesnt work, OA (Steam version) still opens at 87580, why is this happening??

it has it's own shortcut, look into OA directory

These fixes and improvements are made for the RV engine. The engine that runs Arma 2: OA. ;)

Just wanted to say that and also express my gratitude for the new tonemapping!

But they're dayz-oriented

> Repro:

> - Get in a car in the backseat,and let it drive (ai)

> - Open map then go to units,then gear.

> - Remove items from your inventory to car's gear.

> - Notice that gear disappears.

Unable to reproduce.

What car are you using?

But they're dayz-oriented

they are arma2oa / arma3-engine oriented. you would do the same if a mod goes that famous.

be glad this is happen now, in terms of multiplayer for arma2/arma3.

best example,what is new in engine and soon in ace2 and not dayz:

i am quite happy.