Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 93965 (1.60 MP compatible build, post 1.60 release)

I would like to be able to set ALL PP settings at least in the .cfg file seperatly. Especially SSAO and Blur.

I second that! Would love to use SSAO, but hate Blur and the weird Bloom effects. I strongly doubt they are technically dependent upon each other.

+1 on no Blur

and

+1 opn object view distance slider (or config entry, I really don´t mind but please bring it in)

+1 on no Blur

and

+1 opn object view distance slider (or config entry, I really don´t mind but please bring it in)

Same. Would love to have both of those options.

Also, has anyone noticed an issue where over time your performance will degrade, but alt-tabbing to desktop and then back in-game makes performance jump back up again? I can't say whether or not it's this beta, but I never remember having that problem before.

I don't mind bloom, Blur and DOF. But I do think we should have much more control over the Post Process options. It does suck being forced to use Bloom and blur if you want SSAO and you don't like those other effects. My biggest problem PP effect is Bloom, I really like the effect, but I don't like how over done it is, the option to turn down a couple of notches would be nice..

Also, I'm no programmer but I can't see "engine limitation" being a reason to not allow us to have more control over these effects.

Still, good to see some more .cfg options making it into the UI.

+1 on no Blur

and

+2

i never had PP on at all in all these years cause i cant deal with all the blurs and DOF, i just want whatever makes the game look better , not worse.

Also object slider is a must , very annoying to fly a plane providing CAS and have buildings pop up way late.

Another request is a LOD slider, disappointing to see a low res texture tank that looks like its from a PS1 game once its 10 meters away. There hardware power is there now to support all of these.

ammocount - missing since cwc 1.0 or so. BIS always delivers, just... well...

:P

And +1 to blur removal - I can't be bothered to use okt's solution, so I just turn it all off.

Agree wirh Kroky 200%. It makes me feel really unwell if the FPS drops without OKT's mod. Poo, what's the problem with adding it to your shortcut/batch file/6 uodater/ whatever? - none. It's a really good mod with great support.

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

@Dwarden

These changes look great :D

Thanks to all the devs for working so hard & long to make this superb game even better

@Suma & whoever else - keep these new commands coming, they're making possible community fixes for some significant lacks (e.g., effective suppression) :yay:

Any word on this Devs?

Is there going to be a removal of the unrealistic HDR effect that constantly adjusts the brightness levels in the daytime?

Any word on this Devs?

Is there going to be a removal of the unrealistic HDR effect that constantly adjusts the brightness levels in the daytime?

Repeating your question will not raise the probability to get a answer. Devs will give a answer if they see it's worth it. Regarding HDR, obviously Devs thinks it is realistic, you think it is not. Devs can make changes to the sourcecode, you can't. It's no voodoo to guess the outcome of such a discussion.

If you really think it is a bug, feel free to post it in the CIT. Meanwhile please refrain from posting the same questions twice or more.

§5) No Spam

We deem spam as making a thread or posting a reply that has no real worth, is irrelevant, useless and offers nothing to a discussion. Messages of banned members are also considered as spam. If your post/thread is not able to illicit or sustain an in depth conversation then it's spam. This also applies to other areas of the forums such as leaving visitor messages on people's profiles. Spam may be dealt with by post count reduction, PR and/or WL.

Yeah, since when did this turn into a request thread? Please test the beta and report back ... that is all.

These latest betas unfortunately have some of the worst LOD switching, when 'click and hold RMB' zooming in. It takes around 0.5 seconds to sort itself out and completely ruins the immersion. It is INSTANT when you use the scope - which is the ideal.

Yeah, lod-ing is more noticeable, especially with yes in mid ground being substantially lower quality visually.

Clutter also seems simplified so much that it's affecting ability to use concealment against human opponents because bushes and clumps of tall gras s disappear and you end up prone and as visable as a pair of dogs balls.

Yeah, lod-ing is more noticeable, especially with yes in mid ground being substantially lower quality visually.

Clutter also seems simplified so much that it's affecting ability to use concealment against human opponents because bushes and clumps of tall gras s disappear and you end up prone and as visable as a pair of dogs balls.

My dogs balls are tiny, so I am a little confused.

I also noticed worse/slower LOD drawing for buildings on Chernarus using this beta.

/KC

Edited by KeyCat
Clarifying

I think Dwarden added a timer thinking smoother LOD changes will be less noticeable :) What should really be done is re-thinking LOD changes algorithm and a proper calculation of field of view and watching direction. There is no reason to change LOD of a building while zoomed and in FOV. It's preferable to have a lower LOD than that flicker all the time...

My dogs balls are tiny, so I am a little confused.

I've now spat my coffee all over the keyboard .....

You gotta get REAL close to see them as huge :)

Agree with afp that this change in LOD is a regressive step - it is MUCH more noticeable now. Either dont change the LOD on 'click and hold RMB', but do change it on scoped view (which is instantaneous anyway now)

You gotta get REAL close to see them as huge :)

Right, you need to zoom in. Tho you may get some LOD flickering.

Just wondering weither it's possible to filter out specific missions. You can filter for missions you want to search and play, but due to all of these DayZ servers, I can't find any interested new servers/communities that run certain mods. DayZ servers flood my server list.

Is it possible to filter these servers out or should this be a feature request?

Why do you need to do this? Click on mission tab at the top, which reaaranges missions into alphabetical order, then scroll past the DayZ ones .... simple.

Just wondering weither it's possible to filter out specific missions. You can filter for missions you want to search and play, but due to all of these DayZ servers, I can't find any interested new servers/communities that run certain mods. DayZ servers flood my server list.

Is it possible to filter these servers out or should this be a feature request?

Quoted for damn truth. But just use filters to not see it. Some might call us haters, but it is annoying having to scroll trough 100's of it.

I dont have the stutter or LODing at all... have you tried defrag your HD? For me it is very smooth experience

Why do you need to do this? Click on mission tab at the top, which reaaranges missions into alphabetical order, then scroll past the DayZ ones .... simple.

I like to select on amount of players. Don't want to scroll through 100 servers with 50/50 to find 1-5 non

dayz servers.

I have no problem with DayZ, I play it myself once every while, but there's just too many DayZ servers. I hope for an option to filter out these servers.

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/34222

Edited by dunnobe

got worse LOD ( slower ) compared to vanilla, and thats with a 500mb/s SSD setup