Sign in to follow this  
VKing

VK Markers, or how to APP-6A your life

ZpIQB.jpg

VKings APP-6A markers

(I.e. NATO standard markers)

So a while ago I decided I didn't like the lack of diversity in the standard Arma unit markers and decided to create my own. However the sheer amount of markers that would be required would be staggering and probably completely fill up the marker list in the editor, so I decided to create a modular set of graphics and a script to create several layers of them to compose the desired marker.

Current features include a wide variety of available graphics allowing you to create a marker for any* kind of unit you want. Markers can track a unit or vehicle's movement or be placed wherever.

The addon's been tested for a while by the United Operations community and I haven't been told of any problems so far.

* may not actually be 'any'

Download through Six Updater

Download

Requires CBA.

Edited by VKing
Updated to 023

Now that I'm awake I realized that maybe not everyone uses 7zip (although they should) so I updated the download link to a .zip file instead.

Updated to 022.

Minor fix.

How come that these markers are not in ACE?

Are these auto applied? or is it script activated?

Script. It's more for mission makers who want more realistic map markers in their mission.

How come that these markers are not in ACE?

I don't consider the addon finished quite yet. I'm still planning on adding individual equipment markers for vehicles (i.e. a different marker for a single tank than for a platoon of tanks, for example).

Plus I haven't yet wanted to think about the implementation with/replacing the current ACE marker setup.

Updated to version 023.

Added "airborne" and "amphib" markers.