Sign in to follow this  
Timnos

Realistic vehicle damage video

Yeah man, that's what im talkin' 'bout. The brakes pump... fuel hooses... each wheel brake disc etc; and have a certain (big) different number of the IFVs, MBTs, planes, bikes, choppers, boats, ships etc with their different internal systems too, at least those that we could need/want the most for the kind of interaction that we're talking about, to destroy, stop or disable a vehicle.

Aside that make the bullets have a real effect when you shoot through a vehicle plate, not causing damage to the whole vehicle's structure but doing what it would do IRL.

So like the Blackhawk down scene. :popcornsmilie:

By the "shoot through a vehicle plate.. damage to the whole vehicle's structure" do you mean internal damage and damaging infantry inside?

I too would like to see this in the future, maybe Arma 4. Finally there would be a use for HEIAP's such as the MK211 and all the other AP rounds.

Edited by Rye

I know this is an old thread, but did anything ever happen, or was it all just talk?

It's an old game but has anyone here ever played 1nsane?

That's the kind of damage model I want! :P

and this one...

I know this is an old thread, but did anything ever happen, or was it all just talk?

Considering the author is banned, I'd say we won't know.

which computer is to be expected that ? there is a difference from something on empty cards and only the calculated.

must be expected or whether the entire game with all the people with all the shot etc. its a dream not more.

and i think is not funny to play when you can only drive offroad with 10-20 kmh and you longer drive than play ;) hey the mission need 4 hours now we have realistic vehicle damage - no thanks ;)

I've been thinking, couldn't one adjust the health values on helicopters? If one made it high enough, it could survive things like crash landings. Currently, you can damage set parts of a helicopter. (I know because i spent a day sniping helicopter rotors with an anti materiel rifle.) If the damage values stayed the same for the different parts, but the hull health value was raised, one would think you could crash a chopper into a densely wooded area and survive. (Assuming you followed the correct procedures) I don't know the arma 3 configs well enough to do something like this, but i think it is possible, i saw a tank armor mod that had a similar effect on tanks.

---------- Post added at 05:06 ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 ----------

If my idea is possible, you could do the same thing with light ground transports too. Raise the hull value, but keep the wheel and glass values the same so that the wheels and glass could still get totaled. The vehicle hull could survive much worse crashes without exploding into a fiery inferno.