Sign in to follow this  
jinsi222

Sound Issues (Crackling,distortion,static)

Just Installed Arma 2 Today, And When I Go To Start Campaign Or Multiplayer I Have Voice Distortion And Static Sound. Can Someone Please Help Me Out. I Really Wanna Play Tonight );. I installed new drivers and nothing worked. I tried other solutions from couple years ago and those didn't work. So can please someone help me. I Can Run BF3,CSS,COD4 without any sound issues,but why this game?

Edited by jinsi222

Hardware details would be useful, indeed.

Something quick and easy to try, but the way to get it done may vary slightly depending on what version of Windows you have. Go to Control Panel and to Sound and right-click properties on the listed device that you get your sound through. Probably the top option "Speakers". Click on the "Advanced" tab and look for default format, any place where you can change the audio sampling rate. If it happens to be on 192000Hz that might be your issue. I'd suggest trying 24bit 92000Hz. If there is no change you can try 16bit 92000. Failing that, try the lowest and see if there is a change, but that shouldn't be necessary and I'd look for further fixes regardless.

If that doesn't help, I'd uninstall your sound drivers and perhaps even uninstall the device through Device Manager and restart the computer. Wait awhile and let windows redetect and reinstall base windows drivers for your audio and try Arma then, if not then reinstall the latest sound drivers fresh. You should also ensure DirectX is updated.

You should check out this link where some fixes have been described and see if they help you.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1090629

I have had similar issues in Arma 3 since the 64bit update where i get distortion with my Logitech G930 headset usually while im inside a building or vehicle in first person it is worse and i get large frame stutter but it dose stabilise after a while but i still get the audio issue 
it definitely has something to do with my headset as its fine thought my tv audio 

i have tried to fix this so many times changing settings like sound quality audio sources in game and in widows sound settings i have no idea what it is but its so annoying not been able to play 3rd person 

Could be the soundcard. If you have an onboard soundcard then purchase something better, preferably a decent surround-sound card not a studio card.