Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 93825 (1.60 MP compatible build, post 1.60 release)

Tonic87 just try to place opponents a bit further away so they can't "see" each other.... or do you really think that such sudden spawn/placement happen in real life? Do you believe that your opponent should be more careless and act like a dumb bot eg not scanning areas within his weapon range?

Tonic87 just try to place opponents a bit further away so they can't "see" each other.... or do you really think that such sudden spawn/placement happen in real life? Do you believe that your opponent should be more careless and act like a dumb bot eg not scanning areas within his weapon range?

If there is a problem within the game, I´ll adress it. A magic 360° vision is a bug and therefore needs to be fixed.

Repro doesn't match real world situation, it could be that AI is just aware of each other because they are placed/spawned too close to each other at the same time. What happen if you try my suggestion and maybe with different AI behaviour, heading and speed? ;)

Ever since the Beta Patches that did this:

[93812] Fixed: Restrict gamma value set by profile

[93809] Fixed: Restrict brightness value set by profile

...my brightness and/or gamma settings have been drastically lowered on Chernarus. Both settings in Video Options remain untouched at the 1.0 defaults, yet my game is much darker. Raising Brightness and Gamma cannot restore the original look to the unpatched game.

The darker, richer colors look great in the daytime, but during the evening, shadows become impenetrably dark, inhibiting my ability to see. Worse yet, for almost the entire night, my game becomes pitch-black. Where before, moonlight would illuminate open areas and allow operations without NVGs, now the entire island is shadowed in complete darkness. I can't play against AI or humans in these conditions, because they can see MUCH more than I can.

I don't entirely understand why the above changes should have this effect, but it is a major problem.

I have noticed the same, on Dayz it means nights are now deadly.

Im not sure if this is a "feature" or not, but certainly now, as soon as the sun goes behind a tree or just down, then its pitch black.

Perhaps this is how it is supposed to be, and we just got used to seeing at night without the NVG?

There is a strange thing since some time thou with AI recognition of enemy positions you wouldn't notice in multiplayer games. Following situation:

• you save a game in a situation before you get to know an enemy unit that is still a mile away and none of your team AI knows about it yet
  • you continue the games until both groups get closer and end in an egagement where you die
  • you reload the savegame from ten or fifteen minutes before where nobody knew about it each other

=> and voila, all your team mates and your avatar start calling out enemy contacts a mile away! And in addition the enemy units know exactly where you are.

Happening in singleplayer. Seems the knows about isn't reset after a reload. I just can't seem to remember when this has started.

There is a strange thing since some time thou with AI recognition of enemy positions you wouldn't notice in multiplayer games. Following situation:

• you save a game in a situation before you get to know an enemy unit that is still a mile away and none of your team AI knows about it yet
  • you continue the games until both groups get closer and end in an egagement where you die
  • you reload the savegame from ten or fifteen minutes before where nobody knew about it each other

=> and voila, all your team mates and your avatar start calling out enemy contacts a mile away! And in addition the enemy units know exactly where you are.

Happening in singleplayer. Seems the knows about isn't reset after a reload. I just can't seem to remember when this has started.

I experienced this while playing the CWR2 campaign.

Yes, proper re-set of "AI knowsabout" on mission save/start could solve some other related AI issues/bugs too. IIRC its an old and resistant bug like the muzzle flash bug which appears sometimes/rarely after loading a mission....

I experienced this while playing the CWR2 campaign.
Yes, proper re-set of "AI knowsabout" on mission save/start could solve some other related AI issues/bugs too. IIRC its an old and resistant bug like the muzzle flash bug which appears sometimes/rarely after loading a mission....

So I'm not alone nor paranoid! Thanx for confirming guys. :thumb:

I'd prefer it as a command I'm sure we could find a use for it combined with reveal it could be quite useful.

This should be fixed in 93965 - please, test and post what was the result for you.

This should be fixed in 93965 - please, test and post what was the result for you.

Wow, preemptive fixing! Thanx Suma, I will test and report back. Does anyone know if there is a ticket about this bug at CIT?

I saw the issue yesterday, and it seems fixed with the new beta. :) I am still undetected after loading a save.