Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 93825 (1.60 MP compatible build, post 1.60 release)

Not quite DONE!

Removed from our server and rolled beta back to 93701.....no kicks for the above!

fix yours scripts.txt and remove the 5 alex or similar line :)

Try it when the moon is up :)

It's basically night vision when the moon is out, and even if it isn't maxed out gamma will make silhouettes and the skyline much easier to see then with standard settings . What I'm wondering is if this patch simply reduces custom brightness/gamma (in your profile data file) that go past the maximum allowed in the settings, or will it also reduce the currently allowed maximum gamma/brightness in the settings menu? I hope it's the later, I don't see how anyone's monitor will be so dim they would actually need their settings that high. I bet you 99% of people who set their gamma that high are using it to exploit the weather system.

Edited by Waphlez

I bet you 99% of people who set their gamma that high are using it to exploit the weather system.

Raising gamma/brightness is a problem in all games.

I will never understand why some people prefer to cheat.

The right atmosphere is more important than getting the most kills.

Raising gamma/brightness is a problem in all games.

I will never understand why some people prefer to cheat.

The right atmosphere is more important than getting the most kills.

because getting killed by someone who does have that increased gamma advantage feels unfair.

and in dayz in particular you have people on older patches with easy vision night and people with the very dark nights. that got me killed and so i have rolled back the beta i am using to a much earlier version to level the playing field.

normal arma2 i actually play through tkoh to enjoy the tkoh rearmed with vast view distances and longer engagements so all these beta enhancements dont affect me other than in dayz yet.

The problem is that certain graphiccard/monitor combinations are darker/brighter than others. It's no simple "calibration" issue or something it just is. And always has been - that's what gamma/brightness/color controls are for in the first place. And there are other factors like room illumination or the "human factor", too - luckily we are not all cloned automatons; different ppl perceive stuff differently.

It was more obvious a few years ago when most ppl still had CRT (analogous) displays (e.g. certain nividia/philips display combinations were notorious for that) but you still have it with different hardware today. And hey, guess what, there are still ppl with CRT displays out there today.

You cant just assume it's ok for everyone because it looks so and so on your rig or on a few that you use to test stuff, whatever.

You cant even "show" this to someone using a screenshot/video who is not physically standing right beside you - not a single bit in such shots is different; however what the hardware presents your eyes in the end might be.

And frankly I find the assumption that it's a "cheat" if someone for whatever reason wants to adjust gamma/brightness to whatever level he desires/needs preposterous. Certainly not only in Arma...

And frankly I find the assumption that it's a "cheat" if someone for whatever reason wants to adjust gamma/brightness to whatever level he desires/needs preposterous. Certainly not only in Arma...

I do think it is a cheat if you can 'artificially' see someone that should be able to see you but cant. Good beta - I would lock the brightness/gamma EVEN tighter.

But there is a fix for this .... don't play at night!

Stop whining and use what you were given (chemlights etc). You can't turn your 'eyes' up so why should you be able to cheat turning the gamma up ?

Dear Sir,

If your eyes don't adjust to light and darkness automatically,

I recommend visiting eye care professional :p

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_eye#Dynamic_range

BS, players do use all kind of exploits to cheat incl. adjusting gamma/brightness so they can magically see all the things in the dark/night.... or even play at lowest settings just to achieve most kills/points. The mission/server setup should be used to enforce somekind of basic fairplay for all players.

I still can raise my gamma in my GFX control panel or even display settings, so whats the point of these useless restrictions?

"High" HDR option should be removed or changed to take any effect, because adjusting gamma doesnt works with "Normal" HDR.

Edited by sirfstar

People please read up, the change doesnt affect the normal settings it only limits exploits by manually adding extreme values in the player profile file. You can still change gamma and brightness, you just cant exploit it to the extreme anymore.

edit-addition: this game is not about winning for me, its escapism. Personally I rather die in pitch black then "win" in an ugly cheating environment. But thats me :)

Getting kicked by BattleEye for script #12

Is it servers fault or it's new debug feature that is forbidden on most servers :)?

People please read up, the change doesnt affect the normal settings it only limits exploits by manually adding extreme values in the player profile file. You can still change gamma and brightness, you just cant exploit it to the extreme anymore.

edit-addition: this game is not about winning for me, its escapism. Personally I rather die in pitch black then "win" in an ugly cheating environment. But thats me :)

This

And to all the other guys complaining that they "can´t see shit": That´s perfectly OK when there is no moon==no light source

I dare you to go out at night, outside of light polluted areas please, and test how much you can see when there is no moon. Answer: You "can´t see shit"

Dear Sir,

If your eyes don't adjust to light and darkness automatically,

I recommend visiting eye care professional :p

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_eye#Dynamic_range

Yes I like your answer, but last time I checked I couldn't see in the dark. Surprisingly my cat can :cool:

What I'm trying to say that there are limits beyond which we cannot see. If a mission maker wants it to be hard to see, why should we be able to get around this?

Cheating with the GFX card values does make this null and void however.....so I take the point!

fix yours scripts.txt and remove the 5 alex or similar line

Is that file server-side or client-side ? I can't find it, i've got kicked with same error but different number: Getting kicked by BattleEye for script #16

I've noticed glowing skin/lod bug in the night, since this beta.

Units heads and hands are glowing in the night with orange color :O

Units - US Army Officer/Soldier (Light)

arma2oa_2012-06-16_16-39-21-16.jpg

Edited by kordax

Is that file server-side or client-side ? I can't find it, i've got kicked with same error but different number: Getting kicked by BattleEye for script #16

yes server side

Soldier (light) has been bugged for a while now ! It doesnt have to be nighttime to see the bizarre orange colour !

Getting kicked by battle eye -- script restriction #16

allot of people reporting this aswell

Yes it is happening with me too.

And someone else here said it happened when he was trying to connect with a server beta 93825. You see, you have to check if the server is REALLY running 825 patch, because most part of the servers that have the name "beta 93825" have, actually, 93701, lower patches, or even no beta patch at all...

Try loging in a server with only 93825 and you will not get any other errors.

The thing is that it seems that this beta patch (93825) is not compatible with the other patches, like it used to be... so now we will have to be more carefull choosing servers, that's all. ^^ I'm not sure if they will count this as a glitch or not, and if they are going to fix compatibility with older patches in next beta, but we might find out very soon... they update the patches very fast here. :D

Does this patch have the PPAA setting? I installed this patch & I went to edit the My Documents/cfg file, FXAA was there not PPAA.

Am I looking in the right place?

Thanks.

Does this patch have the PPAA setting? I installed this patch & I went to edit the My Documents/cfg file, FXAA was there not PPAA.

Am I looking in the right place?

Thanks.

Add

PPAA=0;
PPAA_Level=0;

if it is not there, just change the numbers to some you like.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/arma2.cfg#ARMA_2:_Operation_Arrowhead

Thanks for the link. I had previously bookmarked it. I have tried what you suggested & I had an error regarding PPAA. Does one set FXAA to zero when using PPAA?

I'll give it a try again.

Every time i run the patch, it extracts and then gives me an error message saying WRONG CD KEY. I bought both arma2 and OA from Steam so what the fuck is the problem? I have restarted, ran as an admin, ran Steam as an admin, closed steam, nothing works. I used the latest build from here arma2.com/beta-patch

If anyone has a helpful suggestion I would be immensely grateful.

Every time i run the patch, it extracts and then gives me an error message saying WRONG CD KEY. I bought both arma2 and OA from Steam so what the fuck is the problem? I have restarted, ran as an admin, ran Steam as an admin, closed steam, nothing works. I used the latest build from here arma2.com/beta-patch

If anyone has a helpful suggestion I would be immensely grateful.

§7) Search before posting

If you have a question, please use the forum search function before posting to make sure that it hasn't been answered before. There is a big chance it has, not only does searching help to keep the forum free of multiple threads it will also help you to get an answer much quicker.

This problem has been discussed several times.

Myke;2173772']This problem has been discussed several times.

Well, then please link it because I couldn't find that topic.