Sign in to follow this  
sgtsn1per

What is the first thing you will do in Arma3?

See if ACRE works. :P
Probably going to have to wait on the inevitable ARMA 3 port. :p

("Easy porting" aside, I'm one of those who'd have preferred a new engine altogether instead of RV4 so as to avoid legacy problems from continually evolving Real Virtuality, but hey, different design goals.)

Would like to take a chopper and land on one of these snowy hills up in northern Nogova, jump out :stuck: and hear the strong wind, enjoy the view, smell the crisp air ...

Well, at last that is one of my best memories from 2001 ... it was sometimes like being on holiday.

I am still fascinated by the fact that BIS in 2001 created a more dense and exciting atmosphere than nowadays with the much better graphics. Can't explain .... hope Arma3 somehow brings it back. :)

I hear that! The overcast skies in one of the videos gave me a flashback like that- in-fact the whole 3d clouds feature, should do well in helping to bring that feeling back! ArmA 2 can be stunning at times too, but the new lighting engine is going to be sick!

Wish I was better at world building in this engine... :/

Edited by Sniper Pilot

Place a squad of BLUFOR and a squad of OPFOR into the same building and gaze in amazement at the improved AI reactions.

Place a squad of BLUFOR and a squad of OPFOR into the same building and gaze in amazement at the improved AI reactions.

Thread winner right here.

Prepare to set up community servers for the 5th year, and curse why we use Linux.

Lower graphics.

Cranck up graphics and see how much my fresh high end machine can take and then settle with what performs and looks best. Then, rebind the basic keys, adjust mouse speed and take a walk over the island.

Edit: Though, before that, double click ArmAIII launch icon, not Steam launch icon.

Edited by Psychomorph

1, load up game

2, load into the editor, place a guy and a basic ammo box

3, click preview

4, access ammo box take on a satchel

5, run, kneel, place, touch off

6, jizz about the ragdoll

Run game and check for LOD switching bugs ! Then when none are found (*COUGH*) enjoy the game without rage.

set up a row of soldiers, a satchel charge and see if I can domino the soldiers using ragdoll (my theory is a flying dead soldier will kill the soldier he hits and sends him flying backwards, etc etc :p

A lot of people are going to go straight to editor and fly about in the fixed-wings and helicopters among the volumetric clouds.

Just like me. :)

Configure and tweak, then join a MP server.

Configure and tweak somemore, repeat.

1. Start the game.

2. Start the editor.

3. Place an Iranian (No offense) unit.

4. Name the unit mwuhaha.

4. Save mission.

5. Make init.sqf script in mission folder.

6. Type:

sleep 3;
mwuhaha setVelocity [0,500,50];
sleep 0.25;
mwuhaha setDamage 1;

7. Laugh.

8. Remake mission with a script that spawns a hundred units instead.

Testing new Features like the underwater combat.

Creating huge battles that will melt my CPU (again).

Going online and rule the scoreboard!

I first pressed the reload button. It looked pretty neat. :>

I hate how everybody is ignoring the hints. Press H, goddammit! I want to see how to properly use a 3GL or a map. When will somebody make a video about the field manual?

try to setup my wheel to work with a3 and take an offroad car for a spin on the island. report broken physics if i see any. :P

I hate how everybody is ignoring the hints. Press H, goddammit! I want to see how to properly use a 3GL or a map. When will somebody make a video about the field manual?

No I mean "R". To reload the gun. D: Are we having a miscommunication here?

As for the 3GL, I tested it, and it apparently was misconfigured in the demo at GC. When I tried it, you could only load one shell at a time.

No I mean "R". To reload the gun. D: Are we having a miscommunication here?

As for the 3GL, I tested it, and it apparently was misconfigured in the demo at GC. When I tried it, you could only load one shell at a time.

Nope. I know you said 'R', because you ignored 'H'. Clearly, man. And let's hope they fix the GL.

Fly very low with 2035 jet fighters, eject over the sea and see how things turn up in water...

Set up a 300m fight between the 2 main factions, including infantry elements alongside with tanks and choppers in high grass and watch...

if (! everythingWorksNicelyAsExpected)
{
  uninstallArmAIII();
  waitForCommunityMods();

if (waitForCommunityMods() == 1)
    installBackArmAIII(armAIIIPatched2.3.1.XXX);
  else
    willNeverHappen(whoKnows);
}
else
 feelHappy();

Regards,