Sign in to follow this  
sgtsn1per

What is the first thing you will do in Arma3?

I will check all new animations especially reloading animations, after that immediatly scuba diving

Place different units\vehicles all over Limnos, place a couple of modules and explore around for a few hours trying out all the new stuff.

I always tend to try not 'spoil' all the lovely secrets and locations and units until I discover them in the campaign.

At least, that's what I try to do. But I usually give in after about 5 missions, and just make my own total war with everything in it. Drool...

Go into the editor, place a playable soldier with an assault rifle and a pistol in front of an enterable building, put armed OPFOR AI inside the building, then enter the building and try to fight my way through using only the tactical pace (instead of "ARMA jog" and walk) and hipfire,

! :D

Then, I would do a second run where I try to fight my way through in the traditional ARMA style of using "ARMA jog" and tactical pace/walk with optics (let's not be afraid of the term "ADS" :rolleyes: ), specifically to see if there's still almost no weapon/optic sway when moving and the "sight picture" remains clear with very low recoil (so that I can actually burst fire at close quarters without the ARMA 2 recoil feeling too high for even burst), just like was shown in the E3 presentations (see the above video in the subsequent 30 seconds), Night Ops showcase and the GameStar.de introductory and night ops videos!

If so, then ARMA 3 was worth the money! :D If not... I shall blame the reactionaries among the community :mad: because "love it or leave it" is too low a standard for ARMA.

Seriously though, this is what I'm doing first with an installed ARMA 3... and before that, the community alpha.

Edited by Chortles

Spend 30min setting up my controls.

Join my friends on a server, invenstgating Limnos on foot and in vehicles.

Fly around in every different helicopter, then do every helicopter-based mission. Then I might consider playing the rest of the game :D

Play the singleplayer campaign and hope its not confusing.

Work through the tutorials to get a feel for changes in movement and to get a feel for the ballistics model. If there are no tutorials the editor will have to do ...

Can't wait to find out how the improved the controls and stuff so i'm going to play around a bit (campaign ll be safe bet :) and I am absolutely eager to hear all the new awesome sounds!

1.bind my keyboard

2.set graphics and audio options

3.try all the choppers and plane and get familiar with them

4.try all the SP missions

5.launch the campaign

probably spend my first 12 hours

1. tweaking the graphics configs, running benchmarks, etc.

2. rebinding everything

3. configuring mods

4. adjust other misc. gameplay settings

if i make it through in one piece i'll fly in the armory until some decent MP servers go up

Open editor, place me a fennek and take a nice long drive through lemnos. Followed by a helicopter, plane and underwater trip.

Open editor; find an airport, place all the vehicles and all possible units on the map, also objects, ammobox etc.

Play with the new stuff for 2 hours to familiarise

And of course.... respawn a lot of times !

EDIT: and also find the cute lady wearing in a swim suit and watch her bounce

Change name ingame, change face and what else u can set up at profile, Then try single player campaign. Then when I cant finish a mission or need to walk to far ( im lazy) I gonna go to editor.. test some AI and after I've done that test how they act in vehicles (Tank) and search if there is a place with not tons of hills that annoys me but a nice flat area :)

1. Set up the controls to my preference.

2. Tweak the graphics settings.

3. Hop into the editor to try out some vehicles and weapons.

4. Tweak the graphics settings.

5. Try out some of the scenarios.

6. Tweak the graphics settings.

7. Check out the multiplayer.

8. Tweak the graphics settings.

Start the game, curse as all the non-skipable logos play at the beginning since I forgot -nosplash, then close it immediately and turn on -nosplash. :)

Start the game, curse as all the non-skipable logos play at the beginning since I forgot -nosplash, then close it immediately and turn on -nosplash. :)

Also, -world=empty :p

Take some explosives, take few Iranians, apply explosives, watch the new action menu, press touch off (10) satchel charges, ???, profit.

Check helicopters for changed flight model, check vehicles for physics, play around at night, play campaign.

:D Fix settings, try all vehicles, and then check out CTI mode(Hoping the AI is smarter). Then perhaps join my clan peeps in a server if they have bought le game.

Go in the editor and get my self frustrated why I cant get something to work properly from the first time :p and hopefully bring it to the public ;)

oh and fire up fraps and do some video editing with it in sony vegas. and not to forget try the single player campaign which I hope to give me the same feeling as resistance ...