Sign in to follow this  
AlexVestin

Models of modern and realistic looking buildings.

Here's my thought:

I know there's alot of players who wants an more urban environment in ArmA. And I've stumbled upon this site, looking for useful stuff: http://archive3d.net

I was going through all the different models categories and found 'buildings and Houses'. There's is literally hundreds of buildings and street props.

I did not make any of these following models. I'm just showing a few of the good ones. There's much more:

f51562a988a2599ddaf1193243dc658b.jpg9191a39ec2657db42cbbd503156852f0.jpg1ded50f43c76b89a88ba8dbc1651db79.jpg

f223a565f11f49fde050ad4efbc2002e.jpg3d19be55db67f63a5518a70873c8f2ba.jpgbd490ef5f7071ad75409658e8cedea7c.jpg

9429b8514aac338ca98a58b08fc42abf.jpgf8bc6fa71f5785d28c8cdcc691dc1e5b.jpg5b24df69ef8b434f7a34fb38050bdb22.jpg

Most of these probably wont have textures or even be optimized for something like a game,

but they sure can be made usable quite easy compared to starting from scratch. And ofcourse I'm not talking about making interiors.

Only as static buildings that can be used to create a somewhat larger and modern town/city.

But then there's the other side of this. Would the community accept using these models?

They're not stolen since they're given out for free to the ones who wants them, so it's all done legally. So that's that aspect out of the question, but then there is the one about being lazy and not just modelling it yourself =p

I thought these could be useful for anyone currently working on trying to get a more urban like island/city. This could speed things up a little.

The easiest custom content would be a static object, right?

No messy configs and such. I've been modding so little for ArmA in terms of actually putting things in the game.

Once I have time I'll try to convert a building or two myself.

Edited by AlexVestin

(...)Would the community accept using these models?

They're not stolen since they're given out for free to the ones who wants them(...)

This depends. It's mostly the case that you find something on a 3D site, labeled completely freeof charge and license and then when you browse similar sites thorough enough you'll find the same content as a copyrighted one, one to be paid for (and usually not cheap). Only because it says 'free' it does not mean anything. You can never be certain what the real background of a given mdoel is. Lots of stolen vehicle and weapons models are offered as free (check out Espona's stuff...he's probably the guy from whom they steal the most)

Unless... you're only using reliable sources like TurboSquid (for example), not a random free3Dstuff site (like there's millions of them out there).

Suggest a cautious approach and good luck.

You would have to seek clarification on the eula in particular the redistribution part

3. This model may be used in any commercial way only if it is a part of artwork or project. Single reselling or redistribution of this model is prohibited.