Sign in to follow this  
Rough Knight

creating an invisible weapon or playing a weapon holding animation without a weapon?

Hi guys,

I hope someone can help me out.

I am making a mission where I need to pick up an object. I attach it to the player, but when he moves his arms sway in the usual manner by his side (he has no weapon).

I tried something like this, but it doesnt work because I think the weapon is not an object? I hope somone else may be able to offer a suggestion. I noticed that Armatechs classes website shows men standing without a weapon but in the weapon holding animation. Surely it is possible somehow. I think the ideal animation would be the "binocular" holding animation.

_oldmacdonald addWeapon "Binocular";
_oldmacdonald selectWeapon "Binocular";
_invis_weapon = nearestObject [_oldmacdonald, "Binocular"];
_invis_weapon hideobject true;

Any ideas. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the info F2k Sel,

I was aware of that command, in fact that is how I currently attach the chickens. please see the video that hopefully highlights what I am hoping to do.

PS: Sorry about the footy in the background of the video.

I didn't explain that I would prefer the arms of my unit to be held in front as if he was holding a gun [hence why I was hoping to create an invisible weapon]. I just think it looks a little strange running holding a chicken like that : P

Thanks again

Edited by Rough Knight