Placebo

Bad serial number given in setup - use this thread for help

1, Run REGEDIT

2, Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

3, Expand Software

4, Expand Wow6432Node

5, Expand Bohemia Interactive Studio Not Bohemia Interactive

6, Click ArmA 2 OA, If you only see 1 file named "(Default)" And type REG_SZ then,

7, Right click the ArmA 2 OA file and go to Permissions

8, Left click YOUR USER, NOT! Users

9, After selecting your user click on Advanced

10, Yet Again click on your username for your pc and click on edit

11, In the drop down menu select This Key and Subkeys

12, You will see allow and deny make sure all allow boxes are ticked then click ok

13, you will be taken back one Dialogue box, Click Apply and OK and the same again on the

next dialogue box.

14, Now you should see 4 files sat in your ArmA 2 OA folder, Names, "(Default)" "Data" "Key" & "main"

15, Now play your game hassle free

I have these : "(Default)" "Data" "Key" & "main", files in the Arma 2 OA folder, but still gives me the same error, any help??

Anyone is willing to help me? ^

You haven't posted what your problem is, you say you have "(Default)","Data" "Key" & "main" but are they right?

It should look something like this:

kotNzuU.jpg

My key is fake but yours should look similar, 15 various hex numbers. DON'T EVER POST YOUR KEY!!

Usually the "Key" is incorrect (eg. all zeros) and makes problems.

Where did you buy ArmA2OA, steam?

You haven't posted what your problem is, you say you have "(Default)","Data" "Key" & "main" but are they right?

It should look something like this:

http://i.imgur.com/kotNzuU.jpg

My key is fake but yours should look similar, 15 various hex numbers. DON'T EVER POST YOUR KEY!!

Usually the "Key" is incorrect (eg. all zeros) and makes problems.

Where did you buy ArmA2OA, steam?

Yes I got all these keys and all, but still gives me the error with the bad serial number shit, and yes I bought it on steam.

Try completely closing steam and starting it again as Administrator.

Then do a "Verify integrity of game cache".

R-click on ArmA2OA in steam library and select "View CD key", does it show one?

I am running out of ideas.

R-click on ArmA2OA in steam library and select "View CD key", does it show one?

I am running out of ideas.

Yeah it shows me a CD Key.

Tried both all of above methods, followed the guide in that link with the whole regedit stuff. My Bohemia was in the 32 bit place even if I have a 64 bit computer, I am running with Steam however but so far nothing has worked to fix it. When I run it with steam it works but I cant utilize the multiplayer functions and when I run it from the EXE directly it gives me the bad serial error.

Hey guys, I'm in a pickle. I have managed to get the Bad serial number given in setup error when I launch Arma 2 OA. It does not occur in Arma 2 however. I have tried all of the fixes I believe. I have reinstalled both arma 2 and OA, I gone and done the registry fixes, I have emailed bi studio and they basically pointed me here, I have also even purchased Combined ops on a brand new steam account and I still have this error. Please give me some guidance!

When I do this it comes up with "Can't find ARMA 2: OA serial number in registry. Please install ARMA 2: OA and the re-run BAF setup again." I have came across this all the time and this is still not working and it is seriously giving me a head ache!

Looks like they closed my thread..

but however;

Ok so basicly, I have played for a year now without any problems and stuff.

But yesterday, I got this "Bad serial number" thingy, and Ive been trying to fix it since that.

I did all of these;

-Run steam as admin

-Run ArmA2 OA as admin

-Deleted OA folders from regedit and verified game cache

-Same as above but with admin rights

-Reinstalling whole game and deleting EVERY arma 2 and OA files and folders.

-I have tried all the ways in the sticky thread.

Sooooooo...

Got any ideas?

PC specs and info;

Win7 64bit

i5 3750k

AMD Radeon HD 7850

8GB of ram

Also having the same problem has only just recently occured and have been playing no trouble since November of last year.

Have tried all the suggestions on the 1st page and hasnt helped at all?

Windows 7 64bit

GTX680 SLi

16gb Ram

i7 Intel

Any help would be appreciated

Hi.

I've cleaned up my hard drive and wanted to reinstall ArmA 2.

I DON't USE the steam version.

so, I installed ArmA 2, Op. Arrowhead, BAF, PMC and updated the game to 1.62.

Then I tried to reinstal ACR but after I clicked on the .exe file (and after the extraction process), the blue screen opens and ask for the serial number.

I write it and then it tells me:

"Erreur(2002) : Le délai d'activation de ce numéro de série est dépasse !

Pour plus d'informations, contactez le service clientèle."

So, what can I do to install that DLC?

Why the hell is this happening?

Espescially as there is another key verification during the installation...

Does this mean that we're fucked when we change the HD? Means, we can't install the game more than once?

Edited by Wiki

Hey ya'll. As this problem seems to affect a lot of people it has now affected me... I installed Arma II and the OA onto my new CP. Then I cannot play the games, more importantly DayZ. I have looked at the posted ways to fix this but I have one problem...

1, Run REGEDIT

3, Expand Software

4, Expand Wow6432Node

6, Click ArmA 2 OA, If you only see 1 file named "(Default)" And type REG_SZ then,

12, You will see allow and deny make sure all allow boxes are ticked then click ok

13, you will be taken back one Dialogue box, Click Apply and OK and the same again on the

next dialogue box.

14, Now you should see 4 files sat in your ArmA 2 OA folder, Names, "(Default)" "Data" "Key" & "main"

As you can see in the bolded red wording. That is where my problem lays. I only have one file-- Bohemia Interactive. There is not even the Bohemia Interactive Studio... I don't know why the file is not there but it simply is missing... Is this new or...? Idk HELP ME! Thanks!!

Ok, before I start I want to let you guys know that I realize there is a million other posts exactly like this, but I'm sick of searching. I have tried everything like running steam as admin, deleting both games and reinstalling them, exiting out of steam then back in, restarting my computer, and more. Arma 2 seems to work its just OA. In regedit in the Behemia Interactive NOT Behemia Interactive Studio it says in the Arma 2 AND Arma 2 OA Folders the only thing it has is (Default) No key, data, or main. Just (Default)

Please help

Same issue as you VJB, I've tried everything and still get the bad key error, however I did notice in the regedit "fix" that when I give the user group full access and return back to the previous permissions pop up that the permission has reverted back to read and not full access.

I'm starting to think the only thing left is formatting windows.......

So, getting this wonderful serial number issue after downloading the game for the first time on this new rig. I've tried the most basic solutions, but I've noticed some issues in the registry that I haven't been able to resolve through these steps:

1, Run REGEDIT

3, Expand Software

4, Expand Wow6432Node

next dialogue box.

My problems start at step 8. The only groups/users I have are

• CREATOR OWNER
  • SYSTEM
  • Administrators
  • Users

And, for the most part, I'm unable to change permissions settings even though I should have full access with admin. So is one of the groups listed in fact the user account on my computer, but named differently? Or is it for some reason missing entirely?

Another odd bit is that I can already see all 4 files in the OA folder, but still get the bad serial number, even when running steam as admin and after starting up either Arma 2 or OA as administrator straight from the Steamapps/common directories. I poked around on the forums quite a bit and haven't been able to find anything quite as unique as my particular problem, unless I'm missing something incredibly simple. In any case, I'd really like some help with this - I did pay for the game and the hurdle seem quite high with me unsuccessfully mucking around in my computer's registry.