Sign in to follow this  
Domore

Bug report 6/10/2012

I have been playing carrier command almost exclusively since about two weeks ago and have a few bugs I would like to report on.

1.) Saving bug - When you write over a previous save, after a few times the game will lockup and the save will become corrupted and unusable. EDIT: Correction, this happens reguardless of if you are saving over an old save or not. on my system it appears to happen every 3 -5 saves (new or old).

2.) AI Carrier - I have run across the AIs carrier a few times since I have started playing and it has an interesting trick to get away, it runs through the island. I have gotten it to repeat this event 3 times so far.

3a.) AI Targeting on aircraft and Amphibs - It seems that the AI can not fathom when a turret gun is on a wall or behind a shield, they will just hover there until recalled or destroyed. NOTE: Every once in a while if I spam click the turret on the map, they will get the clue and attack. otherwise, they repeat the above mentioned habits.

3b.) Aircraft pathing - The aircraft tend to have a hard time with hills, they will either stall in the location for a while before moving or do a weird bouncing side to side dance. They remain that way until recalled.

4.) Resoures/Refueler Ship - I am sure this has been mentioned before, but the refueling ship almost always gets caught in the island when I am on the otherside of it from the port. I have tried manuvering my carrier to the same area as the refueler, but at this point it is hoplessly stuck and a reload is the only way to fix it.

Overall, I am loving this game and am excited to be able to help test the new incarnation of one of my all time fav games from back in the day. Thank you for your time

~Dom

Edited by Domore

2.) AI Carrier - I have run across the AIs carrier a few times since I have started playing and it has an interesting trick to get away, it runs through the island. I have gotten it to repeat this event 3 times so far.

3a.) AI Targeting on aircraft and Amphibs - It seems that the AI can not fathom when a turret gun is on a wall or behind a shield, they will just hover there until recalled or destroyed. NOTE: Every once in a while if I spam click the turret on the map, they will get the clue and attack. otherwise, they repeat the above mentioned habits.

3b.) Aircraft pathing - The aircraft tend to have a hard time with hills, they will either stall in the location for a while before moving or do a weird bouncing side to side dance. They remain that way until recalled.

4.) Resoures/Refueler Ship - I am sure this has been mentioned before, but the refueling ship almost always gets caught in the island when I am on the otherside of it from the port. I have tried manuvering my carrier to the same area as the refueler, but at this point it is hoplessly stuck and a reload is the only way to fix it.

yea, ive been seeing similar things happen in game. difference with your 2nd point, rubberbanding happens to the carriers occasionally, mine and the AI. So when releasing my amphibs well away from my carrier and having them lead my assault on a wounded enemy carrier, maybe because i used the map to have my carrier flank/cover their charge, the ship will hit tripple speed and end up destroying my units since it doesn't stop.. actually got a win first time that happened. my ship was launched into the enemy carrier, dropped to abt 60%hull/armor damage and the plasma/front cannon was destroyed as well, but it was the critical damage needed to sink their battleship... sorry carrier.

I've also had similar AI issues like what you stated for 3a+3b, also want to add that on some beachheads the walruses/amphibs get stuck on nothing/rocks that i don't see, and they occasionally cant path around rocks and debris from enemy units.

only difference to point #4, sometimes after traveling to the stockpile island it seems to get unstuck on the trip there. if not, ive noticed that there is a time delay before it fixes its pathing issue in finding/docking with you, as long as it can "see" a direct path to you if it is stuck in non auto-navigational waters for you, worst case ive seen it stuck on land(as far as the map shows). The time seems to be the trip from the islands that are furthest apart, not much more that as far as timing it. if ive gotten close enough to receive the delivery there is then between a 20-30 sec delay or that same time delay(of at least 1 min-3) i just mentioned before it just appears just off of the port of the stockpile island.

still, enjoying it so far.

I have been playing carrier command almost exclusively since about two weeks ago and have a few bugs I would like to report on.

1.) Saving bug - When you write over a previous save, after a few times the game will lockup and the save will become corrupted and unusable. EDIT: Correction, this happens reguardless of if you are saving over an old save or not. on my system it appears to happen every 3 -5 saves (new or old).

~Dom

At around (after) savegame size has reached ~84-85 MB, trying to save the game in either new slot or overwriting an existing one, will result in lockup of the game. Looking for the saved file in profiles folder, shows filesize 0kb.

There also should be an option implemented to delete old saves within the game.