Sign in to follow this  
ag bo--

How to make Infantry charge a trench

Is there a way or a script to make infantry charge a trench and not stop and cover and fire?

Would be interesting to know. Likely needs scripts similar to those for house searching, where individual positions are addressed and such.

I'm just learning the editor from scratch so I'm not very good with it at all, but try this one in the initialization box on the soldiers charging:

this disableai "FSM";

I just found that one searching the Arma2 forums and the Arma2 wiki and it seems to work pretty good. When I used it with full speed and line formation on the waypoints, the Russians kept up the charge and stayed on line although a few of them would go to ground for a short time but then get back up again. Not sure but I think those guys may have actually just been winged. They also kind of zig-zagged a little while running in, which looked a little strange. Couldn't figure out why, but the Russian squad leaders didn't move at all and stayed back where they started, even with identical stats to the rest of the squad. I'm sure there are additional tweaks that can be done to make it look even better.

I tested it with 4 Russian squads rushing a single German squad in a trench and some of the Russians actually made it all the way but it was still a slaughter. When the Russians got close enough they started chucking grenades at the trench. I think if I added another LMG to the German squad or tweaked their skill level a bit higher they may have been able to get all of the Russians before they got to grenade range. I didn't see any Germans chuck grenades either.

I'm just learning the editor from scratch so I'm not very good with it at all, but try this one in the initialization box on the soldiers charging:

this disableai "FSM";

I just found that one searching the Arma2 forums and the Arma2 wiki and it seems to work pretty good. When I used it with full speed and line formation on the waypoints, the Russians kept up the charge and stayed on line although a few of them would go to ground for a short time but then get back up again. Not sure but I think those guys may have actually just been winged. They also kind of zig-zagged a little while running in, which looked a little strange. Couldn't figure out why, but the Russian squad leaders didn't move at all and stayed back where they started, even with identical stats to the rest of the squad. I'm sure there are additional tweaks that can be done to make it look even better.

I tested it with 4 Russian squads rushing a single German squad in a trench and some of the Russians actually made it all the way but it was still a slaughter. When the Russians got close enough they started chucking grenades at the trench. I think if I added another LMG to the German squad or tweaked their skill level a bit higher they may have been able to get all of the Russians before they got to grenade range. I didn't see any Germans chuck grenades either.

I tryed to disableAI "FSM" but not really happy with the result. However, I just tryed a ROMM IA adaptation and result seems fine. The russian assault on my weak german defense line is really stressing.

I tryed to disableAI "FSM" but not really happy with the result. However, I just tryed a ROMM IA adaptation and result seems fine. The russian assault on my weak german defense line is really stressing.

What is ROMM IA ?

What is ROMM IA ?

Likely one of Rommels AI mod scripts, to be found at Armaholic. Could be wrong.

Likely one of Rommels AI mod scripts, to be found at Armaholic. Could be wrong.

Ah thanks, i'll have a look :)