Sign in to follow this  
EDcase

The future of 1st person gaming

This guy has stuck together various components to create the future of fps gaming

rnbUsgJpKqs&feature=related

Hopefully in a year or two it will all be available in a smaller package. (at a near affordable price)

I can't wait to play ARMA3 like this with head tracking as well.

Yes, I know it will be hard to incorporate all the controls but there must be a way...

A large room with few ornaments will be required ;)

Edited by EDcase

This guy has stuck together various components to create the future of fps gaming

rnbUsgJpKqs&feature=related

Hopefully in a year or two it will all be available in a smaller package. (at a near affordable price)

I can't wait to play ARMA3 like this with head tracking as well.

Yes, I know it will be hard to incorporate all the controls but there must be a way...

A large room with few ornaments will be required ;)

Tell me about it, several lamps have given their lives in the name of Kinect sports etc :D

Not just lamps... The free section of Craigslist got flooded with free HDTV's with cracked screens after the Wii and it's Wii Remote came out.

Until skeletons arms (the game) is written and can react to the gun and hands precisely with censors for full freedom of movement for firing (with some obvious configure help foe dead zones etc) its still not immersive enough for the cost of trying it. Fun, but I would still want my gun in the 3d space to react as I point and hold it.

Until skeletons arms (the game) is written and can react to the gun and hands precisely with censors for full freedom of movement for firing (with some obvious configure help foe dead zones etc) its still not immersive enough for the cost of trying it. Fun, but I would still want my gun in the 3d space to react as I point and hold it.

I'm not sure how its set up but he did attach a Wii-remote to the top of the gun so it does track that.

For ARMA it would ideally need 3 vector sensors.

1. Head (free look)

2. Body (replacing mouse to turn direction)

3. Weapon (weapon direction with full float zone usage)

If they don't make the FPS into proportionally corrected bifocal vision gaming, I won't call that a new FPS.

I believe TrackIR has been very effective in ARMA and highly responsive, it can take into account leaning and so on. Recognizing a crouch and even prone, is essential for this in ARMA and ideally one day so soon your exact RL movements will be reflected by the character in game. All that is needed then in a rapid, responsive, small and affordable omnidirectional treadmill and it is sorted! ;)

I haven't personally used Track IR but I know how useful it can be, being an owner of both a wii and kinect I can honestly say that this makes them both seem obscure and pointless (regardless of the fact that I grew bored of both and stopped using them not long afetr release :P)

What stupid game this is where once being hit player receives a good splash of something that looks like a cherry preserves ? Looks ridiculous;)

What stupid game this is where once being hit player receives a good splash of something that looks like a cherry preserves ? Looks ridiculous;)

From watching it for 2 seconds, I could tell it was Call of Duty (not sure which one, maybe MW 3?)

The Gadget show did something similiar (albeit bigger):

Looked very cool.

Along with full body tracking etc, would be nice to have a gun which could also simulate some kind of recoil and vibration, come with a set of magazines too, so reload times would actually depend on the player.