Sign in to follow this  
cadmium77

Abandoned Russian tank repair facility

Looks so Stalker´esque, plain awesome! .. wanna have BI Forums meet & bbq there :D

Wow, so many of them....

I bet some of them could be repaired

Most of them can be repaired, I'd say.

Well, now I see what financial reserve of Ukraine looks like;)

Remnants of a failed Civilisation: they produced stratospheric jets, main battle tanks as if they were candy, but couldn't supply their own people with basic dignity in their daily lives due to the schizophrenic system in place.

Remnants of a failed Civilisation: they produced stratospheric jets, main battle tanks as if they were candy, but couldn't supply their own people with basic dignity in their daily lives due to the schizophrenic system in place.

At least the industrial and innovative military achievement can be reused, while "dignity" cannots.

At least the industrial and innovative military achievement can be reused, while "dignity" cannots.

These scraps of metal are obsolete and the scientific basis in Russia had been obliterated for a myriad of reasons - what achievements? You can only build a successful society on free entreprise and free trade. You come to me wanting something I possess of value to you, you trade with me for something of value to me, if you take it by force, I will destroy whatever your society stands upon and erase said 'Civilisation' from the history books.

YXDIkUxALlk

Just a quick question, wouldn't all those ERA blocks be filled with explosives?

In theory, yes. But one can never know the production "quality" of Soviet equipment (there are lots of cases of the Soviets putting extra layers of fake ERA on their tanks in order to make NATO think they were better protected than they really were).

If they are full of explosives, that place is a disaster waiting to happen...

These scraps of metal are obsolete and the scientific basis in Russia had been obliterated for a myriad of reasons - what achievements?

Obliteration means nothing on war because it is exactly what it means to be. These scraps of metals is still enough to magnet some bombs to them, while you had no way to ignore the strategic value behind these rusted armor. Still, the social tension is still enough to make the best weapon into no use, just like Libya.

Obliteration means nothing on war because it is exactly what it means to be. These scraps of metals is still enough to magnet some bombs to them, while you had no way to ignore the strategic value behind these rusted armor. Still, the social tension is still enough to make the best weapon into no use, just like Libya.

God can testify i didn't get a single word in this sentence :lookaround:

I wonder if they'd let me borrow one of those T-72s :)

Didn't you know? That place is run by Europcar.

Didn't you know? That place is run by Europcar.

Bugger, too young :(

Well if we want to establish a country of our own (sick of the lack of freedom) we do know where to get our armour from. :yay:

God can testify i didn't get a single word in this sentence :lookaround:

Okay, put it simply: Libya do have these T-72s for their armed forces, but still cannot push the rebel out because they don't even have soldiers to handle these things. Same as ex-soviet stated counties, these relics are actually still be useful, but NOBODY want to fix them.

Okay, put it simply: Libya do have these T-72s for their armed forces, but still cannot push the rebel out because they don't even have soldiers to handle these things. Same as ex-soviet stated counties, these relics are actually still be useful, but NOBODY want to fix them.

ah, ok, i get the point know :)

The blogger, who is the OP of this excursion has said, that they have never been used with explosives, even when stationed in army bases during the 80s.

"Military achievements" my ass, there were series of empty bluffs throughout the Cold War and the Western Civilisation had called it and won. Lack of explosives in such vital components as ERA bricks on T-80s MBTs is just a tip of the iceberg of the Commie schizophrenia.

Edited by Iroquois Pliskin

Sadly i'm being serious but how much would it be to say purchase a dozen of these derelict mbts off the Ukranian government for restoration and collection?

Sadly i'm being serious but how much would it be to say purchase a dozen of these derelict mbts off the Ukranian government for restoration and collection?

I think the restoration would be more expensive than buying one of these.

This shows you how wasteful government is. All that metal could have been used for something that is actually in demand and would help bring down the prices of steal, if it were to be all recycled.

Why wasteful? All this tanks can be sold to various African or Asian countries, moreover, they are sold regularly.

Why wasteful? All this tanks can be sold to various African or Asian countries, moreover, they are sold regularly.

Syria needs some.