Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 93616 (1.60 MP compatible build, post 1.60 release)

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

[93598] New: Scripting functions eyePos object and aimPos object

+ LOD issues introduced in last beta should be fixed

BE support: SUPPORTED, enjoy!

Edited by Dwarden

erh...

What do these functions do?

erh...

What do these functions do?

they were described by Suma as:

(..)

Moreover, 93598 brings new commands eyePos and aimPos, which can be used to provide often needed endpoints for intersection functions.

I assume they are returning an [x,y,z] array > a world position. That is what makes sense to me, but haven't tested yet, only assuming.

I am getting kicked out of every server i try to join by BattleEye saying that i have the incorrect game version? This did not happen with the previous beta versions

I am getting kicked out of every server i try to join by BattleEye saying that i have the incorrect game version? This did not happen with the previous beta versions

Not yet... It is a common issue, we must wait.

BE support: PENDING ... !

@DrGreenfield: this is normal with a new beta (see the n other beta threads :) ) - it takes time to update BattleEye to recognise the new release.

Edit: Damn! Ninja'd by GammaDust!

Looks like they topped it off with AA on shadows :)

/KC

LOD switching is definitely a lot more stable now, so huge thanks to Suma for that! :D

However, I feel there could still be some improvements where the timing of the LOD switches is concerned. For example, when "zooming in or out" (increasing or decreasing FOV, whatever you want to call it), there seems to be a delay with the LOD switch, similar to what was previously noted (here) about the tree and bush LOD transitions. It would be great if LODs would switch during FOV changes instead of afterwards. On a related note, would you consider implementing the faster zoom/FOV change from Arma3 in Arma2? I personally like that much better, and I think it would be a lot better at masking LOD transitions.

As for panning the camera, I love that there is no more LOD flickering, but when the LOD switches do occur, they are still very noticable here. This is a more difficult subject I guess, because there is no good way to mask them during slow panning, and I don't really have a suggestion in this regard.

Edited by MadDogX

Ok so I'm not sure if this has been covered yet, and MAY be something to do with my server setup (I'm not totally convinced however) is the following.

Consider a vehicle that is close to a wall and moving towards it. At speed, the vehicle would ordinarily knock the wall down, however it hasn't enough speed in this case, I see it moving through the wall (like it isn't there) then rubberbanding back to before the wall. I've watched several vehicles do this. Anyone else find this on a dedi server ?

BE supported now

Ok so I'm not sure if this has been covered yet, and MAY be something to do with my server setup (I'm not totally convinced however) is the following.

Consider a vehicle that is close to a wall and moving towards it. At speed, the vehicle would ordinarily knock the wall down, however it hasn't enough speed in this case, I see it moving through the wall (like it isn't there) then rubberbanding back to before the wall. I've watched several vehicles do this. Anyone else find this on a dedi server ?

With some strain on the server this has been the case since OFP.

From my OFP experience (old info):

I believe there is some mismatch between the server and client regarding the collision state, and then you get weird results. Also sometimes buildings placed by a client script might not be "known" on the server, and AI (local to the server) walks right trough it.

Ahhhh thanks rundll.exe Now here's the question then, what server values do I need to change to reduce the chance of this happening ?

Thanks for the BE support Dwarden.

Nice work Dwarden and team!

There are a few other new commands in this beta too (since last time I checked):

u:aimPos OBJECT

u:deactivateKey STRING

u:eyePos OBJECT

u:setEyeAdaptMax SCALAR

u:setEyeAdaptMin SCALAR

u:setEyeAdaptMinMaxDefault SCALAR

u:setToneMapping STRING

b:STRING setToneMappingParams ARRAY

u:groupFromNetId STRING

u:netId GROUP/OBJECT

n:productVersion

u:sendAUMessage ARRAY

Edited by ceeeb
disable smilies :P

Javelin has problems locking far targets,if someone else is facing the same problem let us know !

Posted its own thread, but what's the go with Squad XMLs not working properly? Get "Cannot load texture \." on entering missions.

However, it works fine in Iron Front.