eble

Syria - What should we do if anything?

I was asked to reopen the thread and decided to give it one last try.

Personal attacks, no matter from which site are not tolerated and not only result in +1 infraction but also an instant and permanent ban from the thread.

If you're unable to discuss without bashing people with other opinions then you better leave this thread and don't come back.

Edited by W0lle

Right. A PMC company planning to sell WMDs to Syria. And planning to invade Iran and Syria, all by itself apparently. Honestly, aside from strange things such as naming it "Syrian Issue" like it's a Hollywood flick, or not using any sort of code words for anything of the very sensitive email, the obvious difficulties involved in not only securing it from Libyan military stores, not saying how much is offered but just writing "enormous sums", assuming that it's OK because some Qatari guy said it's "approved by Washington" (here we go again with the movie lines. Who in Washington approved of it? The State Department? The President? A random homeless guy?) and using Ukrainian guys "because they speak Russian" in the Middle East (yeah, don't we all know what happened with the Ukrainians who turned up in Libya a while ago? "Mercenaries, Achmed, arrest them now!!!" Would that really work any better if they go to both Libya and Syria?), just why doesn't the guy publish the emails that proves that a PMC company is going to invade two countries by itself? That seems a heck of a lot more interesting than a single WMD being smuggled.

Of course, every e-mail should have at least 10 pages written in TeX so in case of leak ordinary people can get all information. But yeah, it's strange that only one e-mails was included.

Use of CW by some anonymous and tons of shyte thrown at Assad after this was predicted from the moment of warnings from 'Friends of Syria'. So no surprise for me that in some day CW will be used there and all the blames will go to Assad just like with Hussein before 2nd Gulf war.

Explicit content removed.

Edited by Franze
duh

Confirmed reports - well as good as you can get I guess:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-21269766

Does this give Syria a chance to blame someone else? would they launch attacks on Israel?

Also what about the Iranian/Syria self defence pact? http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2005/feb/17/usa.syria

And just a few days ago Iran said... Any attack on Syria would deemed to be an attack on Iran.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5h66YvZXJaPsAqCThT5q9LNC_00jQ?docId=1174c64fbdbc4b648dc1069df8a07ca4

Cross fingers that the proof of "lorries were carrying Russian-made SA-17 anti-aircraft missiles" is not faked and this pre-emptive strike (and breaking of cease fire) was not just done to keep some hardliners in their places.

What about the idea of a huge Masonic plan to introduce the world into a new war that will bring down all the monetary and banking system ... Media has been lying to us for ages,i personally don't trust what i see anymore ... media is controlled by a lobby that is choosing interpretations for events happening and making the majority of population swallow them.

Now that the average joe has understood the meaning of terrorism (which is a huge deception of our age),it would be easier to justify future actions in the middle east ... by convincing the masses of the necessity of preventive wars to fight the rising extremism there !

You can check Imran Hosein's videos on youtube,the guy explained this theory very well ... and i personally he is at some point right ,especially that he predicted this "arab spring" (which is actually an autumn) in 2003 !

What about the idea of a huge Masonic plan to introduce the world into a new war that will bring down all the monetary and banking system ... Media has been lying to us for ages,i personally don't trust what i see anymore ... media is controlled by a lobby that is choosing interpretations for events happening and making the majority of population swallow them.

That's what the nazis said in 1933.

That's what the nazis said in 1933.

+1. And +11.000.000.

Hello. Some update:

There's a video depicting oppressed rebels doing what they're best at: terrorizing Syria:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyB9aOM2Uy4

Don't be fooled by titles of Syria videos on liveleak.com. Many of them are like "SAA murders civilian" while there are rebels murdering someone they didn't like or "Civilians tries to save injured man under SAA fire" while there is bunch of fully armed rebels trying to save injured rebel. You can easily tell by lack of uniforms, how they manipulate weapons (full auto circles from hip) and by "allah akbar" per second. There's also a lot of videos showing FSA firing rockets(unguided of course)/artillery somewhere and it seems they're having fun at it (again, judging by AAs per second). We can only wonder how many of reports like "Assad shelling hits bakery" are caused by FSA. Regarding the "bakery shelling", there's also aftermath FSA propaganda-fail video with someone caught placing dough around the building ;).

Unfortunately, you can't link liveleak video here no matter what content it has.

The people in this video are animals, no they are actually worse than that. Even animals don´t treat other animals like this.

Doesn't mean they were wrong ^^

to completely disregard media is just silly. you're supposed to digest it and come to your own conclusions, that means cross referencing information, comparing sources, and basically doing work. that's a better alternative to coming up with your own fantasy interpretations based on whatever you feel like, which is essentially what the people who don't follow the news do anyway.

to completely disregard media is just silly. you're supposed to digest it and come to your own conclusions, that means cross referencing information, comparing sources, and basically doing work. that's a better alternative to coming up with your own fantasy interpretations based on whatever you feel like, which is essentially what the people who don't follow the news do anyway.

You answered like someone who don't read comments ^^

I said that media was corrupted since it's held by the zionist lobby (i mean the big heads) ... what s being shown is real,but it's not necessarely the whole thing,media is orienting debates and is not neutral in most of the cases .For example,Times will tell you :"Mali,another afghanistan ?" while the question that should have been asked is "Mali,was it really necessary to go there ?"

And yes,i watch new everywhere,but i have my own opinion .... i am just using my "free thinking right",and i'm not supposed to digest it like you said !

i support regime change and intervention in any country where the emergence of a functioning democracy is possible, ie iraq, however with lybia and syria, they're lost causes. leave it to burn and rot like somalia, lest it be a pointless drain on resources.

I said that media was corrupted since it's held by the zionist lobby (i mean the big heads) ... what s being shown is real,but it's not necessarely the whole thing,media is orienting debates and is not neutral in most of the cases .For example,Times will tell you :"Mali,another afghanistan ?" while the question that should have been asked is "Mali,was it really necessary to go there ?"

And yes,i watch new everywhere,but i have my own opinion .... i am just using my "free thinking right",and i'm not supposed to digest it like you said !

my meaning was you won't know shit until you absorb as much informaiton as possible and form your own conclusions by process of elimination. to simple rely on generalizations and conspiracy theories about jewish lobbies is exposing you to confirmation bias.

Edited by johncage

Zionist lobby? Get out of here, this isn't the 1930's. And yes, going to Mali to provide life to democracy in a country about to become "Afghanistan in Africa" due to a bunch of Islamists overrunning it, that was a great idea, which just might be why the neccessity of the operation wasn't questioned.

Yes,dude,zionism exists and it's the worst threat to this world ... and pretending that some countries go to others to help them make a democratic system is just naive !

USA,went to Iraq just for oil not for democracy , same for France to mali (Future will show you this) ... they don't want to do something for Syria just to protect the Israeli Zionist governement who is taking palestinisan territoies illegally ... It's only economic and geopolitic interests nothing more ... Islamism and Terrorism are just cheap ways to do it !

Oh sorry, I forgot that the Jews cause all the problems in the world, my bad...

And no of course, why would the same Western world that fought a World War to preserve democracy ever do anything for the sake of democracy?

The definition of Zionism is "Zionism is a form of nationalism for Jews...". There is no difference between being that guy who shouts "The Zionists are conspiring against us because they're evil" in Germany during the 1930's, or anywhere else in the 2010's. It's still very overt anti-Semitism.

Tbh, in light of recent events, both sides are as bad as each other and we should be helping neither (UK perspective here lol).

In actual fact, the government used Chemical Weapons and blamed it on the Rebels, whatever the headlines say! We should just do what we did in the first gulf war - go bomb everything useful to the Syrian Army. THEN let the Rebels deal with them. Like Lybia, pretty much.

In actual fact, the government used Chemical Weapons and blamed it on the Rebels, whatever the headlines say! We should just do what we did in the first gulf war - go bomb everything useful to the Syrian Army. THEN let the Rebels deal with them. Like Lybia, pretty much.

Any proof?

White House spokesman Jay Carney says the accusations made by Assad could be an attempt to cover up his own potential attacks. 'We've seen reports from the Assad regime alleging that the opposition has been responsible for use. Let me just say that we have no reason to believe these allegations represent anything more than the regime's continued attempts to discredit the legitimate opposition and distract from its own atrocities committed against the Syrian people,'

This is not a proof. This is in fact expected statement as US officials are blaming Syria government for everything. Until proven it's 50:50.

We should just do what we did in the first gulf war - go bomb everything useful to the Syrian Army. THEN let the Rebels deal with them. Like Lybia, pretty much.

... and let these people (terrorists) rule the country. What a beautiful world.

Edited by batto

Yeah...whenever there is a vaccuum of power then chances are great that there will be forms of tribal warfare and vies for dominance through conflict. Rarely if ever do people rally to 'peacefully' vote for a leader of their own. Instead of intervening we should just stay out.

I like the Yellow Man's style, that said, as disgusting as that was to abuse that man, I doubt everyone in the FSA is like that. Every military and militia has had had bad apples.

Yaknow, it's funny...the way those guys behaved in the video make me think of the youtube comments so very much...using degrading names towards another person, blissfully ignorant of how their behavior perceives them.

Edited by NodUnit