Sign in to follow this  
kirkherbstreit

Minimizing despite flushing the cache

Flushing the cache with LShift-Numpad Minus and typing FLUSH doesn't solve the random minimizing issue. I have a GTX 280 card with most recent driver (301.42). Is there a fix for it?

May we have some more information? What are your PC specifications? Are all of your drivers up to date?

May we have some more information? What are your PC specifications? Are all of your drivers up to date?
I have a GTX 280 card with most recent driver (301.42).

AMD 4-core 3.2 GHz, 8GB RAM, Win7 64 bit, all drivers up to date

"The random minimizing issue"? Never heard of this. Also, it doesn't sound like it's game related, since the game doesn't generally minimize itself.

Games can be minimized by other Windows programs that are trying to get your attention though. I've experienced it, for example, when people sent me messages over certain IM programs like Google Talk.

So you might want to look for a program that could be doing this. Try shutting down all applications you're not using before running the game and see if the problem persists.

"The random minimizing issue"? Never heard of this. Also, it doesn't sound like it's game related, since the game doesn't generally minimize itself.

Games can be minimized by other Windows programs that are trying to get your attention though. I've experienced it, for example, when people sent me messages over certain IM programs like Google Talk.

So you might want to look for a program that could be doing this. Try shutting down all applications you're not using before running the game and see if the problem persists.

https://www.google.com/search?q=arma+2+minimizes&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Seems to be a fairly common bug that many are reporting. No processes are running in the background. Also, I took the liberty of installing CPUID to see if maybe my video card was overheating, and my max temp on the card was 73 C, so it's definitely not a heat issue.

dunno if its been fixed by now but if you use skype try to set the visual style to "classic windows". (tools > options > general)

i only use this since the new skype style caused random minimising of all sorts of games for me.

https://www.google.com/search?q=arma+2+minimizes&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Seems to be a fairly common bug that many are reporting. No processes are running in the background. Also, I took the liberty of installing CPUID to see if maybe my video card was overheating, and my max temp on the card was 73 C, so it's definitely not a heat issue.

In most cases that's the flushable driver crash, although I was under the impression that this had been fixed a while ago.

When it happens to you, does the game sound keep playing in the background, or does the game fully minimize and thus cut off the sound aswell?

In most cases that's the flushable driver crash, although I was under the impression that this had been fixed a while ago.

When it happens to you, does the game sound keep playing in the background, or does the game fully minimize and thus cut off the sound aswell?

I have the same issue but i still can shoot and hear the sound, could u help me with that?

I have the same issue but i still can shoot and hear the sound, could u help me with that?

When this happens, try the following:

1. Don't click on anything with the mouse!

2. Press SHIFT and "NUMPAD MINUS" simultaneously. (Do not hold them down, just press and release.)

3. After releasing the above mentioned keys, type in the following: F L U S H

If everything worked, your screen should go black for a second or two, displaying a message similar to "Flushing memory". Then the game visuals should be restored.

To prevent the game from minimizing, keep as few programs running on the background as possible. Especially Google Chrome tends to make my Arma to do that, but closing the Chrome and flushing the VRAM helps always.

I was getting the same issue when I had a 295GTX+, constant minimising and FLUSH wasn't working. After weeks of changing settings and playing about with the graphics driver control panel nothing was working. Arma 2 was the only game I was having issues with and nothing appeared to solve this issue. I then bought a new card (a 650Ti) and all the problems went away, it turned out the 295 card was overheating (was an average of 70'C using CPUID to monitor) and the memory was failing on the card. Using the CPUID monitor on my new card, average temps during gameplay are 40'C. I'm not saying this is the same issue but the 200 series cards do run very hot and Arma 2 appears to push them to the limits and if not above them, so I would suggest installing CPUID and watch your temps during game-play and especially when the minimising happens. Hope this helps...