kronzky

SupportCall - "Cheat" module

Is it possible to edit the script so no matter which group you are (opfor, blufor, indipendant, civilian) you can chose to change your "uniform" to what ever player model is available ingame, no restriction to faction

Just curious, but how would one go about configuring this to 1. Have no restriction on player side and 2. Use the Buzzard or Merlin for that matter and use a parachute?

Using the latest beta (108074 as of now) with A2 OA I now keep getting this error in the .rpt (it shows up thousands of times if I open the addon):

Error Undefined variable in expression: _isunit
File KRON_SupportCall\data\scripts\functions.hpp, line 13
Error in expression < getText (_config>>"displayName");    
if (_isUnit) then {
_dName = format["%1: %2">
 Error position: <_isUnit) then {
_dName = format["%1: %2">

Is there a fix for this issue? I don't remember seeing this in the past but I haven't played A2 for almost 9 months so I'm unsure.

I'm sure somebody else would've reported the error, if it actually had been around for that long.

What I suspect is perhaps a mismatch of the game save and the version of Support Call used. Try restarting the mission from scratch, and hopefully the error will be gone.

As far as switching to uniforms of other sides — that ability has been implemented in the Arma 3 version, but as development of the A2 version has been discontinued a while ago, I'm afraid that won't be added there anymore.

Using the latest beta (108074 as of now) with A2 OA I now keep getting this error in the .rpt (it shows up thousands of times if I open the addon):

It is known for 1.63 beta. Many scripts, that they left RPT clean under 1.62, under 1.63 beta are flooding RPT that way (undefined variable error - operating on variable, that is nil for any reason) under beta. It is because beta was made sensitive for that kind of scripting error, while 1.62 was blind to these errors (in most cases script made and tested under 1.62 is working despite them, still these errors may "behind the scenes" affect result). In all cases (several my scripts) I checked, there was actual script error of that kind, so thanks to beta I was able to hunt them down and fix. So is good chance, it is same problem here.

Also be aware, that noted few times, missions made under 1.62 are not working exactly same under 1.63 beta. Thus mission flawless under 1.62 can make some problems under beta. Example - in one user made campaign in the intro there is chopper taking off. Under 1.62 all is fine, under beta it may crash for some reason. Or in another mission unit with scripted AI behavior behaves differently under 1.62 and 1.63. That may be a problem after final 1.63 release - missions made for 1.62 may be not comaptibile.

In case people are still playing A2 OA, then I guess I'll have a look at what's going on there, and perhaps port all the changes of the A3 version to A2.

I did have a brief look at what's involved, and it shouldn't be too bad.

Kronzky, thank you very much for the patched version, I'll give it a try in a day or two and let you know.

I have A3 but I didn't have time yet to download & install it so I still play A2:OA for the time being.

Greetings all!

I'm very new to editing missions/addons. I'm trying to create two versions of 1 mission: A) Player and support call reinforcements protect civilians from enemy gunfire B) Player and enemy support call reinforcement units attack civilians and military forces. Right now, my support units won't attack civilians in mission B. Is there a script I can add to Support Call to change this? I greatly appreciate any advice you can give me. :)

Oh, this is lovely if you're playing with a ton of mods and it causes the scripting to break! I wanted to know if there was a command that simply switched your side or allowed you to be regarded as a captive. I know by replacing your model with the Opfor allows the former, but what if I wanted to have an easier time in the confides of the mission but without the enemy to be a problem?

OK so Kronzky not sure if you are offering support for Arma 2 OA anymore. But here it goes....

I am currently using the newest version of your call support mod. If i load a campaign mission from scratch it lets me use it and it works perfectly. Until I call for multiple items (weapons, Tanks, Base support weapons.). Eventually I hit a point where i can't use it at all. It loads up but it's stuck on the vehicle tab, and no map shows up. None of the buttons work at all.

I try to revert the save and it still doesn't work. The only way for me to get it to work is to restart the campaign mission over. Any help would be great.

Well, since this thread has already been exhumed, I also have a question. I get the Call for Support button and it brings up the menu, but no items ever load. I've let it sit there 20 minutes and nothing. A little direction would be great.

Hey guys, i just re-installed arma 2 ,bought from steam, and i tried this mod (suuport call), i do have the button on the pause menu, but when i press it, i do not have any proposition, either for wepons, vehicles...etc, nothing pops up...

Do you guys ever experienced this problem?

Thanks a lot! =)

Zenoob

hello, 

i'm playing Arma 3 1.58

i'm new to this mod, its very cool, loving it, having fun exploring the map, 

but i got stack on the first mission - survive: drawdown 2035,   

ssgt adams is not going to the forest, and not dying  ,    :mellow:

is there a way to skip a TASK? so i can move on,  

or  a way to resume the deadline?

Hey, man. I downloaded it and the menu comes up with i click it, but its a blank screen. I can click the icons at the top, but nothing happens. I used a mod file first, and when it didn't work I used the file in the main addon directory. Am I doing something wrong??

go to the root of the ArmA folder, create a folder named @SC inside this folder create another named addons inside the addons folder paste the pbo file.

For the game to load the mod, if you are using the steam version go to the properties of the game and in launch options paste this: -mod=@SC;