kronzky

SupportCall - "Cheat" module

I recently revisited some of the old Arma2 missions, and, like many people, got stuck due to faulty triggers, limited Intel and supplies, and bothered by obnoxious AI group members...

So—rather than using the standard cheats and spoiling all the fun, I've decided to create a little tool that lets me modify a bit how the mission is played.

One example: In the "Manhattan" mission I've reached the point where I'm supposed to destroy the Chedaki base. Only problem is—I've already used my artillery strike (since I wasn't aware I only had one available), my support team isn't showing up, and my group members keep opening fire, even though I tell them not to. Pretty frustrating...

So—with this addon I can now totally immobilize my group members, request a silenced rifle and some mines, skip forward a few hours into the dark, and finish the mission nicely by myself.

Certain beats using the "endmission" cheat to get to the next one!

So, here's what the addon can do:

• Spawn vehicles, weapons, magazines:
    • Any equipment available to your side can be air-dropped, either at the player's location, or a position defined on the map. (This includes any special equipment added by expansions or mods.)

[*]Switch uniform:

• Change to a different unit type (either keeping the current equipment, or using the new type's default loadout).

[*]Manage units:

• The player's group members can be totally immobilized, to keep them from moving and shooting.
    • The player can leave (or re-join) his group, or become the leader (if he isn't yet).
    • Other soldiers present in the mission can be recruited to the player's group.
    • Other AI unit can freed, if they're stuck on a terrain obstacle.
    • Vehicles of AI group members can be locked and unlocked.

[*]Request Intel:

• Receive information about troop location and strength. (Information can be marked on the map.)
    • Have the source of incoming shots indicated (relative to the player) on a special display.
    • Access existing UAV/ULB video feeds anywhere on the map, or launch your own.

[*]Environment options:

• The current mission time can be forwarded up to 12 hours, to change the time of day you would like to tackle the mission at.
    • The weather can be set by individually controlling overcast, fog, rain and wind.

[*]Other assistance:

• Get unstuck
      If stuck on some terrain obstacle, this will force the player (or his vehicle) out of it.
    • Upright vehicle
      Flipped over vehicles can be put back on their wheels.
    • Recover vehicle
      Destroyed vehicles can be recovered.
    • Unlock vehicle
      Any existing vehicles (even the one the player may be locked into) can be unlocked and used normally.
    • Heal player
      In missions where an injured player must be healed by others, he can nevertheless heal himself, if no medic or AI is responding.
    • Turn off post-processing
      Post-processing effects (e.g. blurriness, color filters) can be disabled.
    • Complete mission
      Missions that can't be completed due to trigger failures can nevertheless be finished "successfully".
    • Extend deadline
      For missions with a deadline, this option allows playing beyond the set time limit.
    • Create restore point:
      Allows you to create a game restore point at any time during the mission.

Once the module has been installed, it can be used in any mission/campaign via the pause menu.

overview.jpg

Requested supplies will be air-dropped near the player:

tankdrop.jpg

I am sure there will be some people who will protest the use of "cheats", and how it will spoil the original mission, but in my opinion it's much more of a spoiler if, due to mission failures I can't properly play it at all...

I also always find that the more options you give a player on how to approach a mission, the more fun he's going to have, and the higher the replay value will be.

Want to play the mission at night? No problem, just skip a few hours. Prefer a different kind of weapon? Sure thing, just ask for it. Don't want to be rushed to finish the mission within some tight deadline? Go ahead, take your time.

Dowload location: http://kronzky.info/addons/supportcall

Edited by Kronzky
  • Like 1

Wow. Anti-stuck stuff! Thanks a lot for that. In my case especially any kind of stupid deadline can broke all pleasure from playing. I hate any rushing me by mission maker (how dare he!), so will use it without any remorse, with a vengeful smile, in danger of such spoil of fun. :)

Great idea and a nice tool indeed

...but...

How does this affect MP?.. please tell me it is disabled in mp mode?

Great idea and a nice tool indeed

...but...

How does this affect MP?.. please tell me it is disabled in mp mode?

Obviously you cannot enter a server with that addon unless the addon is signed on the server...

Thank you, I guess everyone can play and cheat how he want in SP at the end of the day its his own decision + fun. What about including something like "unstuck selected/all AI" option and something like "set selected/all AI vehicle(s) to nearest road/open area" option? :)

What about including something like "unstuck selected/all AI" option and something like "set selected/all AI vehicle(s) to nearest road/open area" option? :)

Yes please, and include 3 point turning and lessons in bridge crossing :D

Wow, that is wicked - like having a genie in a bottle :)

Hi Kronzky,

Great work, and I love the way you went the simple addon route and not scripts.

Feature request............. any chance you could add a small reinforcement group of maybe 4 units including a medic that paradrops close to your position available from the menu, and allow them to join your group under your control. This would be the icing on the cake.

Pete.

any chance you could add a small reinforcement group of maybe 4 units including a medic

I thought long and hard about the option to drop other units, but I didn't implement it because that would be a bit too much like "real cheating", being able to build up your own army, or use you replaceable group member as cannon fodder...

But if you need some healing you can already request an ambulance vehicle, and use that instead (without needing a medic).

Edited by Kronzky

A new version has been posted, with the following additional features:

• When requesting equipment, a drop location can be specified on the map.
  • Intel info can be displayed via marker on the map.
  • Radio communication can be disabled.
  • If stuck on the terrain, player can be forced out from it.

(I'm still considering adding a UAV function, but I'm not quite sure yet whether to use the standard Arma one or a third-party solution. Still evaluating the options.)

I thought long and hard about the option to drop other units, but I didn't implement it because that would be a bit too much like "real cheating", being able to build up your own army, or use you replaceable group member as cannon fodder...

But if you need some healing you can already request an ambulance vehicle, and use that instead (without needing a medic).

Yea, your probably right about using group members as cannon fodder, just have to keep the team alive. Loving the new features, keep em coming.

Thanks Kronzky for this - I was playing a mission some time back where the mission offered a number of weapons and it turned out later into the mission that only one weapon actually had ammo for it in the mission - once I used up the starting ammo (which wasn't much), there was no way to rearm (the mission auto-removed dead bodies 5 seconds after death). The only solution was to restart from the beginning.

An interesting tools for single missions and campaigns.

Edited by Lao Fei Mao

More sand unlocked for your sandbox!

• Access UAV video feeds from anywhere on the map.
  • Launch your own UAV/ULB if the mission doesn't have one yet.
  • Unlock any vehicle on the map (even the ones you're locked into).
  • Recruit other soldiers present on the map, to join your own group.

This should open up a whole new can of worms to play with! :)

Especially the option to now leave a vehicle you're locked into will allow you to play existing missions in a totally different way.

The "Death from above" one, for example, which has pretty nice setup to try out UAVs, can now be played on foot, perhaps taking out the main target as a sniper, instead of bombing him! Or sneaking up on the tank position, and taking them out with some satchel charges.

Get creative!

It *is* supposed to be a sandbox game after all...

Hello,

I'm still not clear on how to use it.

Was wondering, is this MOD for in-game or do I need to use it in Editor only?

And the Pause button...um...well...where is that exactly? Thanks!

KK

It (obviously) only works in Single Player. In MP no extra button will show up.

When you're in a mission or in the editor, and press <Esc>, the pause menu will come up (where you can select "Save", "Abort", etc.).

That's where the extra button will be. See the image in my first post of this thread).

Or this:

overview.jpg

Would it be possible to make a MP working version for people that play multiplayer missions by themselves? I do that as I use tons of addons and I want to play some of those more advanced missions where stuff mostly works in multi.

Just asking.

Would it be possible to make a MP working version for people that play multiplayer missions by themselves? I do that as I use tons of addons and I want to play some of those more advanced missions where stuff mostly works in multi.

Just asking.

Same request here, my brother isnt very good at arma and i hoped we could play MP co op missions together with us using this addon so no matter the skill level we can finish the missions.

also could it be possible to implement a close air support function? where you set a position on the map and can select from a range of bombs to be dropped ( jdam like ) from 500 to 2000 pound or multiple bombs on multiple targets.

And maybe possiiblity to spawn at least transport choppers.

Thank you very much

A MP version of this is not going to happen, but if you have access to the specific mission in the editor, you can add a trigger in there, with the following code in the "onActivation" field:

nul=createDialog "KRON_SupportCall_Dlg"

(Or you can create a script with this call in it, that could then be activated via a user action or whatever.)

The trigger (or the user action) could, of course, come with all the usual conditions (only accessible to certain users, can only be used once or in a certain area, etc.), so it *could* possibly become a valid mission component.

e.g. there could be one "quartermaster" that has access to this trigger, and he could then supply other players in the mission with the requested equipment, if he finds the request reasonable.

Or, you could have each player select his loadout once, at the beginning of the mission, and after that they have to live with it.

so no MP compatible alternatives out? dont know what the issue is with public servers having signature checks.

A MP version of this is not going to happen, but if you have access to the specific mission in the editor, you can add a trigger in there, with the following code in the "onActivation" field:

nul=createDialog "KRON_SupportCall_Dlg"

(Or you can create a script with this call in it, that could then be activated via a user action or whatever.)

This would give all support call features? What are the limitations?

BTW: That option is as good as any, thanks for mentioning it.

Can this reset the artillery support? I love playing the quick mission with SecOps, but having a single fire support call sucks. I'd love to play with more support.

This would give all support call features? What are the limitations?

Using the code I listed will give you full functionality.

Can this reset the artillery support? I love playing the quick mission with SecOps, but having a single fire support call sucks. I'd love to play with more support.

There's a reason I put the cheat in quotation marks... ;)

The same reason this module doesn't have a "Kill All", or a "Make me invisible/invincible" option.

It's meant to fix some engine/mission-generated problems, and to allow you to take on some different challenges.

But not to eliminate the challenge altogether...

And having unlimited artillery strikes available would be pretty close to that "Kill All" function—way too easy to just carpet-bomb the whole map.

thanks for this great tool!

- I would rather see a "unstuck your AI teammate" then unstuck yourself. Usually I can get unstuck by some acrobatics, but if AI's are not "teamswitchable" you can hardly get them unstuck...

This tool is a cheat against cheated missions :) where you sometimes simply don't have a chance to get the mission done. Especially when you play COOP missions in SP. Thank you Kronzky!

PS. It would be nice to have Pixelart Studio SatCom View integrated in this tool. So you could use the great Satellite pictures during the missions.

PPS: Also I would like to see the vehicles which are flying in the support items, to be "downshotable".

I mean the should start from somewhere on the map physically, it would take time until they would arrive at the location of the player (or the marked location) and the enemy should be able to shoot down the air transport. So it would be kinda random if the support arrives or not. What do you think?

PPPS: Ok I get creative now...(at least with ideas): it would be perfect to have audio when calling the support. This would give the player the "feeling" actually calling the support. You could use the existing audio files in A2OA, something like "requesting support at". This sound is played when using the built in menu pressing 5 and then requesting support for medic, fuel, ammo etc.

Edited by Kroky
forgot info