Sign in to follow this  
WingsOfDeath

Arma 3 & TOH

This

As I have already said many times, Take on Tanks would be the next logical step since there is no game that simulates tank warfare together with nice Graphics

Take On Helicopters, Take on Tanks, Take on Warplanes, Take on Battleships, see where this is going ? (World Of Warplanes, World of Battleships reference) I'd like a Take on Battleships, or Take on Ships in general. Why? Well, one thing we haven't really seen in ArmA is naval warfare. We've had tanks and planes for a while.

Take on STAR-SHIP TROOPERS!

Take on...

35ad4b.jpg

Take on STAR-SHIP TROOPERS!

Take on...

http://i.qkme.me/35ad4b.jpg

I think I've found myself a mod name. ;)

On topic:

Hopefully we'll see some improvements to fixed wing aircraft, like wind, airspeed generating lift (Not ground speed), working hydraulics, etc.

I'd like a Take on Battleships, or Take on Ships in general. Why? Well, one thing we haven't really seen in ArmA is naval warfare. We've had tanks and planes for a while.

Ah, though what Tonci and I are implying here, is that tanks have been here forever - since OFP, yet they still have this basic quake-like hitpoint of a single hull (one shot, one kill - anywhere on the hull) system in place, which is regarded as 'simulation'.

ACE 2 properly simulates AT projectile penetration, tank armour, projectile ricochets and other things, and I would not want to see the online community split at ArmA III launch with ACE 3 yet again.

Logical Pliskin is logical. :)

Edited by Iroquois Pliskin

Take On Warships maybe, battleships are so obsolete, but then again modern naval warfare is about launching anti-ship missiles at each other. Not much fun in that.

BIS, post-release you now need to fill that space in your product line with Take On Tanks and/or Take On Jets so we can have those simulations elevated to the same level in ArmA 4. :D

I hope those games won't be such fillers like barely supported TKOH. I was very excited before TKOH release, slightly less after (I was expecting at least basic avionics there), and I haven't flown Take On after very disappointing HINDs DLC. That what Take On Helicopters is, a filler. :(

I would rather see BIS focused fully on Arma series, than see mediocre games without true support like Take On: Helicopters.

Sorry for harsh words, but I was expecting a quality product. Hopefully Take On: Helicopters will grow in the future.

Anyone here with Heavy copter and cargo experience in ToH, though I suppose this question is more suited for VBS 2.0 users. To put it very bluntly: would the following procedure be possible in ArmA III without the use of scripts?

QDwp6QeYveg

:cc:

Edited by Iroquois Pliskin

Ah, though what Tonci and I are implying here, is that tanks have been here forever - since OFP, yet they still have this basic quake-like hitpoint of a single hull (one shot, one kill - anywhere on the hull) system in place, which is regarded as 'simulation'.
Isn't this so deeply ingrained into Real Virtuality that BI would have to scrap and start over to actually fix this, despite the "component damage" HUD in OA and ARMA 3?

Isn't this so deeply ingrained into Real Virtuality that BI would have to scrap and start over to actually fix this, despite the "component damage" HUD in OA and ARMA 3?

That is a good question. The way I see it, this is a now or never decision. IF has proven that it is possible to have a believable (I´m not even saying realistic) damage model in the RV Engine. So why should Arma 3 still have that old hitpoint system that reminds me of CoD 1 where you needed two AT rockets to take out a tank, no matter where you hit?

I would really like go get get a Dev statemant on this.

So why should Arma 3 still have that old hitpoint system that reminds me of CoD 1 where you needed two AT rockets to take out a tank, no matter where you hit?

It won't. PhysX 3.2 has added a vehicle class that enables tank behaviors called PxVehicleDriveTank.

It won't. PhysX 3.2 has added a vehicle class that enables tank behaviors called PxVehicleDriveTank.

And how is that related to damage models?

And how is that related to damage models?

Have you not yet seen any new PhysX gameplay? Hawken is using the new PhysX, it's unfathomable that Bohemia would upgrade to PhysX 3 and not utilize the new rigid body dynamics collision uprades.

biRPryj4mbI&feature=related

Have you not yet seen any new PhysX gameplay? Hawken is using the new PhysX, it's unfathomable that Bohemia would upgrade to PhysX 3 and not utilize the new rigid body dynamics collision uprades.

[YOUTUBE]biRPryj4mbI&feature=related

I´m sorry to burst your bubble, but PhysX has to be implemented and the modells have to be build with PhysX in mind too. That requires a lot of work and tweaking. BIS will use PhysX but that does not mean they will use all of it´s features

That said, if the capability is there with some documentation it may be possible for the community to cash in on the feature.

Will the actual helicopters from TOH be available in ARMA3? There is the Ion Tactical LB, surely BIS have plans to link it in?

I'm not sure if it's the puma from BAF or the heavy helicopter from TKOH, the two are very similar but I don't have the full BAF so I can't be certain..at any rate it's possible that another helicopter from TKOH made it in yes.

http://www.armaholic.com/datas/users/nz_gamer_arma3_preview_6929468714_4.jpg

http://www.armaholic.com/datas/users/arma3_screenshot_stratis_1204_06_4.jpg

Heavy heli from TOH. The Merlin HC3 only has one stabalizer at the tail.

Yep, and the MH6 is the light from ToH as well.

Fingers crossed the medium and Hind make it over to A3 as well, then I will be a happy man indeed.

Ok in this video youtube.com/watch?v=NW8J1t5tbZ8 at 12:15 interviewer ask if the flight model from TOH will be used in Arma 3 and answer is that they still consider it.But here on forums it's confirmed feature. I would appreciate some comment from BI on this. Thanks

Ok in this video youtube.com/watch?v=NW8J1t5tbZ8 at 12:15 interviewer ask if the flight model from TOH will be used in Arma 3 and answer is that they still consider it.But here on forums it's confirmed feature. I would appreciate some comment from BI on this. Thanks

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?135549-Arma-3-amp-TOH&p=2166652&viewfull=1#post2166652

From the dev himself.

Yeah i read that, but the video was interview with Ivan Buchta at E3 2012. I just found it strange that Creative Director saying they still consider it, but on forums it's confirmed feature.

Yeah i read that, but the video was interview with Ivan Buchta at E3 2012. I just found it strange that Creative Director saying they still consider it, but on forums it's confirmed feature.

The video was uploaded on June 6, but was already a few days old.

Damu, which going by his nickname, I guess is Daniel Musil ( ArmA 3 Project Leader) said that the TOH FM will be the default FM on June 7 after we got confused due to the video.

there is no need for further comments from BIS: there is a post from one of the devs on these very forums, confirming that the default flight model will be TKOH one. DIgging won't be easy but you might give it a go.

EDIT: god, i should push the post button....seems i keep forgetting