Sign in to follow this  
WingsOfDeath

Arma 3 & TOH

Well there hasn't been much "showcasing" in terms of the flying from Take On Helicopters in Arma 3. there's not been much detail either. What can we expect from Arma 3? will it have ToH Implemented Fully? (Interactive Cockpits, Flight Model, ect ect)

No, it won't be ToH with full Infantry simulation if you're asking that. It has SOME features from ToH, like the clouds and the helicopter sound engine (different sounds from different directions)

No, it won't be ToH with full Infantry simulation if you're asking that. It has SOME features from ToH, like the clouds and the helicopter sound engine (different sounds from different directions)

Can we expect better flying models then? anything? god dam I was hoping for something a lot better than Arma 2... Something along the lines of ToH...

As far as I remember, the only thing that was up to debate was wether the TOH flightmodel will be standart during the campaign.

Are you sure? has that been confirmed at all?

I have already posted some translated info from czech vid before, here is updated stuff. After preview video and the gamespot video its not much really, the only thing we have not seen is the Deterrence mission.

- stratis is the last NATO base before it is invaded by iran

- I. Buchta said that if someone will brake the 30 sec barrier on the firing drill he is a pro( he probably doesn't follow Jay Crowe's tweets )

- they are only thinking about adding TKOH flight model, but they use TKOH sound engine(complex sounds from different angles etc)

- the made-up gun from infantry showcase was designed by gun designer from some small gun maker company

- community alpha will feature some simple content and missions, they will be testing animations and physics, they will release updates to alpha, add more content, MP missions, campaign missions etc, they want to know reactions for changes of various stuff

- hard to guess how complete A3 is, some parts are ready for community alpha, stratis is finished, limnos not yet, they will be focusing on details now, so its going to be finished soon, large number of vehicles and weapons is wip

Source

As far as I remember, the only thing that was up to debate was wether the TOH flightmodel will be standart during the campaign.

Take On helicopter flighmodel WILL BE also in Arma3. Now I can safely confirm it will be also in campaing and it will be DEFAULT flightmodel for ALL the helicopters.

Take On helicopter flight model WILL BE also in Arma3. Now I can safely confirm it will be also in campaign and it will be DEFAULT flight model for ALL the helicopters.

Take On helicopter flighmodel WILL BE also in Arma3. Now I can safely confirm it will be also in campaing and it will be DEFAULT flightmodel for ALL the helicopters.

thank you so much! Love you guys :o

OH GOD! YES! Awesome! This is fantastic!

Oh hell YES this is Awesome, Thank you Guys! You are great!

That's excellent news!

Just epic. Never change BIS :D

thank you. just....thank you...

DEFAULT? Egads I love the sound of that! Plenty of people are going to hate it and I can't wait to see how many people spaz online from the ground effect..heheh...

Does this also mean that the flight hazards will be included? Ground effect, rotor overspeeds and things like that by chance?

DEFAULT? Egads I love the sound of that! Plenty of people are going to hate it and I can't wait to see how many people spaz online from the ground effect..heheh...

Does this also mean that the flight hazards will be included? Ground effect, rotor overspeeds and things like that by chance?

Like in TKOH, depends on the difficult settings, at the lowest difficulty settings, it's flies more or less like the Arma 2 one, just feels better.

It would be hard to implement the AI flying those monsters maybe..

The AI manage them just fine, as long as you don't ask them to land a Superhind in a crowded street in Electro.

Flightmodel can mean Newtonian physics, nothing more; thingamajigs that need to be micromanaged need not apply. :)

There is already a fast start up and shut-down procedure if you don't fancy doing all the sequences yourself, to be honest I use these a lot, and once in the air they are pretty decent to fly.

Landing is a bitch until you get some practice in though, maybe take along a parachute if you are playing on an MP server and bail out over your target instead of risking some random being able to properly land or not. ;)

There is already a fast start up and shut-down procedure if you don't fancy doing all the sequences yourself, to be honest I use these a lot, and once in the air they are pretty decent to fly.

Landing is a bitch until you get some practice in though, maybe take along a parachute if you are playing on an MP server and bail out over your target instead of risking some random being able to properly land or not. ;)

There already are valid kamikazi tactics using aircraft against enemy bases in Warfare CTI, now we're going to see even more noobs who won't be able to land their copters and rather go ram some heavy factory instead. HAHA. :icon_twisted:

There already are valid kamikazi tactics using aircraft against enemy bases in Warfare CTI, now we're going to see even more noobs who won't be able to land their copters and rather go ram some heavy factory instead. HAHA. :icon_twisted:

NAH, the catch is that heli pilots and crews can't bail out in ToH.

Only the passengers can.

Going to be a lot of dead noobs. :yikes:

One reason I like the TOH flightphysics so much is that you can perform precise maneuvers so much quicker than in Arma 2. Arma 2 is way too sluggish for good precision. For example, landing in a small clearing is so much faster than in arma 2 once you have a good feeling for the helicopter.

It is a lot harder to fly at first but once you get the hang of it it is much more fun and allows for maneuvers that are not possible in Arma 2