cimalex

Project 82 The Falklands/Malvinas war mod Work In Progress - Pics

At the risk of asking something silly, are the larger ships (i.e. Fearless, Interpid, Invincible) being done as static models?

Foxtrot1 is developing them as well as some argentine vessels.

Might be static models, like ArmA2 LHD.

some working udating the ARA guerrico from CBFASI, new weapon models(probably we could reuse for other ships) and of course abusing of supershader for more cuteness

http://media.moddb.com/images/members/1/292/291620/Arma2OA_2014-02-07_04-23-30-46.jpg (185 kB)

http://media.moddb.com/images/members/1/292/291620/Arma2OA_2014-02-08_01-37-09-49.jpg (202 kB)

http://media.moddb.com/images/members/1/292/291620/Arma2OA_2014-02-08_01-32-15-91.jpg (216 kB)

some working udating the ARA guerrico from CBFASI, new weapon models(probably we could reuse for other ships) and of course abusing of supershader for more cuteness

Great work but, unless I'm mistaken, no-one modelled South Georgia have they?

@miraoister: that table illustrating the evolution of Brit kit is not only fascinating but also slightly amusing, even embarrassing.

True, it's a little romanticised, but is thought the illustrations would be of some use, I was looking for information about types of night vision developed by the British armed forces... But found hat instead..

True, it's a little romanticised, but is thought the illustrations would be of some use, I was looking for information about types of night vision developed by the British armed forces... But found hat instead..

According to this article and others:

1) NVGs were limited to helicopter pilots, Hercules pilots and and CVTs (not infantry)

2) they were of the ANVIS type, i.e. binocular, 3rd generation, I² (cf. last half of page 2)

3) direct from their American allies

Hope that helps this mod march to its AO

About South Georgia I asked someone to help us modelling the island, even starting from old Ofp Flk stuff, but sadly no one wanted to take the challenge...

Who knows, maybe in the future...

According to this article and others:

1) NVGs were limited to helicopter pilots, Hercules pilots and and CVTs (not infantry)

2) they were of the ANVIS type, i.e. binocular, 3rd generation, I² (cf. last half of page 2)

3) direct from their American allies

Hope that helps this mod march to its AO

Yeah, I had read that pdf before, very tech heavy!

I have been looking at night missions, and I was wondering about the accuracy of NV models in Arma2. The CWR2 suit scope has a NV version. My uncle who was a guardsman said that they had some sort of scope, back in the 60s, when on patrol but every few moments you would have to look away as it damage your eyes, I remember him saying it was quite large and it was used in OPs but I can't find a reference anywhere, I don't speak to him now and I'm on the other side of the planet but if anyone has any ideas, it would be good in an operation banner campaign.

Yes night vision devices were used by both argentines and british troops, mainly by special forces and infantry, like Paras, Guardsmen and RMs.

British devices were mounted on L1 SLRs, while the argentine counterparts were of US origin and were lighter and smaller.

Will keep you updated asap about this issue.

Hi miraoister,

we have this stuff, but need some imrpovements and retexturing as well as reconfig for ArmA2 OA.

We have limited resources and time...

Sorry will need some time and dedicated team mates.

This looks awesome and it sounds like thing are progressing well, do you guys have an approximate release date for the infantry units?

As i wrote weeks ago we have no release date in sight yet, we have shortage on free time and resources, infantry and weapons are quite close to be finished, but need still some attention and Col Stagler, who is the artist of those addons, is really short on time actually.

Will keep you update about infantry and weapons as soon as possible.

In the meanwhile we are working hard on other assets.

First of all our RL with jobs and families, then all the rest...

Stay tuned!

Great job. One question. It MOD will be compatible with ARMA 3?

Thanks

Excellent work mate!

Really glad you are growing up with your modelling skills making also AAA and vehicles!

HI cimalex sorry for do again the question. It MOD will be compatible with ARMA 3? I have a friend what her father was in Malvinas and he want show him It MOD but with the grafic of ARMA 3

Thanks for your work and all how created new design

For this issue ask to Foxtrop1.

Some of the addons looks compatible with ArmA3 and he is also in connection with a dedicated team only for ArmA3.

This mod is only focused on ArmA2.

Your friend and her father will probably enjoy some Falklands/Malvinas stuff thanks to that guy (Foxtrop1).

:)

thanks for your response and all

I will ask to Foxtrop1

I love this mod , my friend and his father also

Thanks

I was working on the invencible from CBFSI and decide to make a new sea dart launcher seadart_arma2.jpg

about the Invencible i work well as static, I added some scripts to spawn harriers via attachto and release them, I will be working on the textures, and will test again if is posible to make it a proper drivable ship

well. In Arma 2 I edited the LHD and using some clever scripts and the attachto scripting command what I did was to create a couple memory points in the Memory LOD and attachto to them the different sections of the carrier so they were attached in the correct relative positions respecto to the piece of the carrier that was going to be defined as a ship. Those "attachedto" pieces were defined as indestructible stactic "house objects".

All movable parts such as turrets, guns, and missile launchers were created in the "ship" part, regardless of the relative positions regarding the carrier.

With that we had a driveable ship that when stopped it could be walked and class men entities would not fall through it.

For the vehicles to stay what I did was to add memory points in the flightdeck that created actions. Those actions would be only available to drivers of class air vehicles and would inmediately attachto to specific points on the carrier. The action would also set the engine to off.

When the engine would be turned on the script would detach te attached vehicle and in the case of planes would "set velocity" to them to simulate a take off.

That was what I did with the LHD. It would be similar for the invincible class carrier.

PM me if you need help with the scripts or the config or whatever

cheers mate

some screen shot of map, working on< Guy's I was little burned out on the mapping. Now after a break ready to start mapping the roads this weak, hope no problem then some place holder of town and build till new one are finish.

0FD16E16C23049757D3829AE4C6020DDE5463C46

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/468679820300040798/6CA7399499F997460AEF1F290066B6E5B665903E/ (155 kB)

Edited by dragula