cimalex

Project 82 The Falklands/Malvinas war mod Work In Progress - Pics

This depends if Colonel Stagler (the actual main troops and vehicles developer) will port the S.Har from CWR2/BAF expansion (he is also leader of BAF/CWR2 expansion pack).

He could do this sure, changing a bit textures and weapons config (adding an AA version for example).

Who knows, but is probable we will have such an iconic aeroplane.

Just need some time, we are busy but have limited time and resources.

We have old CBFASI Hermes and Invincible carriers from the Flashpoint in the FLK mod, but need a huge amount of work from a dedicated developer, considering that the carriers should result only as static objects like with the USNavy light carrier in ArmA2.

I did a big reserch and development work for the mod but actually only Colonel Stagler is the only member (of course with the exception of Foxtrot1 who is making very good argentine planes) capable of finishing his job from beginning to end at a level/quality ready to be delivered to the community.

If someone else is keen to give a hand to this, well is more than welcome.

We have a lot of work to do and under development, (units, vehciles ships and islands) finishing addons is not easy, be a little more patient and in the next two months you will see something ingame like a mini-mod, or a mod at stage 1.

Stay tuned...

Great work Foxtrop1 !

Please make the camo pattern 4A-115 of the example piloted by Commander Gullermo Owen-Crippa that on that morning of 21st May 1982 challenged alone the RN task group deployed to the San Carlos waters.

He was able to avoid AAA and placed some shots with Defa cannons and LAU rockets on the first ship on his sight, the HMS Argonaut if I am right.

The ship was just lightly dammaged, and his aircraft was the only one of six to get back to the continent before the end of the hostilities.

According to Foxtrot1 plans he should have an idea about the HMS Invincible class aircraft carrier.

Will let you know further if the thing he is thinking about is feasible.

Hey guys.

Great mod, I'm really keen to see how it turnaround out.

I was in the Falklands about a 3 years ago and got a load of photos of Stanley, Mt.Tumbledown etc. PM me if you're interested and I can share them!

Id love to help out with the mod but sadly I'm a tad too busy atm!

Guy

Really excited for this. The infantry are looking fantastic! Shame nobody's made a decent Falklands map yet.

Some work porting the CBFASI MLODS from FLK MOD for Operation Flashpoint, we must not confuse cause these models are from OFP era they got a very good general quality, we will have to update parts of the models and textures, yet the harder part are the config and mlods wich changed a lot since OFP.

Its impresive the model quality of this files.

ARA guerrico

http://media.moddb.com/images/members/1/292/291620/Arma2OA_2014-01-23_21-40-37-15.jpg (224 kB)

http://media.moddb.com/images/members/1/292/291620/Arma2OA_2014-01-23_21-42-17-32.jpg (442 kB)

http://media.moddb.com/images/members/1/292/291620/Arma2OA_2014-01-23_21-42-26-10.jpg (341 kB)

http://media.moddb.com/images/members/1/292/291620/Arma2OA_2014-01-23_21-42-35-46.jpg (506 kB)

http://media.moddb.com/images/members/1/292/291620/Arma2OA_2014-01-23_21-40-37-15.jpg (224 kB)

ARMA2 can handle more detail and we will try to give to this Mlods, yet the proxility in this models are great cause made easy the porting, credit to the work of CBFASI team

UPDATES AND RELEASE

Skyhawk

-Fixed geometry

-Reduced variants

http://www.mediafire.com/download/wrfjshroyrlxrhu/p82_skyhawk.rar

credits to Foxtrop for the model and Adrian Benneti for the textures

Pucara

-Simpliefied to one configuration, two rocket pods and 6 small bombs.

https://www.mediafire.com/?lszssyz3ra1g07p

credits to Foxtrop by the model config and textures

Proyect82 Team (Cimalex and Konyo)

Cazadores de Monte(CM)(Loro and MarioX)

RACS Proyect Team(wld427 help us with the guns!)

Sudden Death(The multiple cannon script is based on his script for the tunguska)

Aermacchi

First release of aermacchi m339, armed with two 30mm defa canon, and two zuni rocket launches of 4 rockets each.

https://www.mediafire.com/?qtk0xdg7ilogzmu

Credits to foxtrop

Sudden Death(The multiple cannon script is based on his script for the tunguska)

Remember this aircraft needs the FFAA pilots released previously

https://www.mediafire.com/?qkf2iitteq9ejy6

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

On Armaholic we host an all in one archive. You combined your releases in a past update, if we would now again split the previous release to create new pages for each seperate addon (which actually were removed in the past by your request/wish) all that will happen is one big mess. So, to prevent issues and present our visitors with the content they would expect on the "Falklands/Malvinas War mod" page I have chosen to combine all. I hoope that will recieve your ok :)

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (Foxtrop) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note: since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

About 50% actually.

Foxtrot1 is doing basically argentinean planes but now is focusing also on HMS Invincible and other british addons, while Col Stagler is working basically on troops, weapons and vehicles, of both sides.

Dragula is working on the Falklands island together with Jakerod, who made a version of Carcass island for Colonel S.

We received also cooperation from other parties (like Konyo, Rabidus, RNZDFcrash, Dimitri Harkow and other artists) but they simply do not have enough time.

I'm just a supervisor, with some skills in texturing and modelling, cannot complete anything by myself, so I have to rely on our artists, who have limited time to finish the work as the community request.

The good news are they don't give up, and the quality of their work (and experience gained) is really good.

The biggest problem is the huge amount of time needed, and the lack of time by our artists (and myself).

Cheers

Is it of any importance?

i like to think cooperation in a war game between two groups of different nationalities is a good thing. but also for detail etc. the ofp falklands mod had lots of details and craftsmanship while sadly the OFP malvinas mod made by an Argentinian (well Spanish speaking team) was really a collection of objects but with not as much accuracy, however the ARMA1 Malvinas mod looked like it had some quite nice models of argentinia troops, . if they two teams had worked together Im sure the end result would of been pleasing. of course that depends on peoples personal opinions.

the ofp falklands mod had a nice bit of voice acting too, if they collaborated they really could of worked together to create more atmosphere...

---------- Post added at 10:17 ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 ----------

please use this audio for a cutscene at the start...

It's difficult to put together people with different points of view about an issue that according one or another point of view is not closed yet.

War ended on 14th June 1982 but issues continue to nowadays, nationalism or personal emotions make things difficult, even between two peoples that have a lot of common economic interests and history.

I speak from a neutral point of view so for me is quite easy, fortunately artists like Col Stagler, Foxtrot1 and many others had no problems working in the same team, even without making too many things/addons in common.

I hope to continue in this way.

We have a first beta of british and argentine troops, but need some time to finish and improve a bit.

Col Stagler is at a good stage with these units, but he simply doesn't have any time to dedicate to the mod actually.

First of all artist's Real Life issues...