cimalex

Project 82 The Falklands/Malvinas war mod Work In Progress - Pics

That Mirage model is looking brilliant, I can't wait to blow it to pieces with my Harrier! :D

Just a question, but are you planning to add in the SAS/SBS observer teams that directed a majority of the indirect fire-support on the Argentinian forces? (This is probably an over asked question) Also, you should add a pack model with the British flag then someone could make a gametype where the Para race the Marines to put up the flag in Port Stanley. :p

Its certainly a project I'm looking forward to seeing released.

Hope all going well with it.:)

are you guys also creating the Falklands islands as well and if so any idea about a release or have they been released

I would say as a base for what this mod should strive for to include in the first release the island and both sides infantry and small arms. Then built upon it. The infantry are nearly done at the moment I think. They probably need a proper compile.

I would like to contribute somehow to this mod, my current PC is a bit out of date, maybe with voice acting...

I'm English, but I can do alot of regional voices, I've done a bit of acting/standup comedy before

please PM me if your interested

Who knows mate, actually the mod developing is proceeding slow, but Collonel Stagler gave us a help with a beta version of argentine troops using baiscally CWR2 weapons.

I will upload some screenies asap.

To add to what Cimalex said.

I have made Argentinian troops for this, and I intend to create a P82 weapons pack using the FALs from my UK and the NL packs to equip them. As I understand this wont be dependant upon CWR2.

To add to what Cimalex said.

I have made Argentinian troops for this, and I intend to create a P82 weapons pack using the FALs from my UK and the NL packs to equip them. As I understand this wont be dependant upon CWR2.

Ah! The blessed support of the colonel! Another good reason to anticipate the Falklands mod.

I too am really excited about this mod.

If there is anything else that I can do to help its progress then please let me know.

Provided we have their blessing, what's wrong with using CWR2 weapons?

Likewise has anyone considered Vilas' stuff? 'Cos he seems a decent chap and his work is top-notch.

Don't worry domokun. It will use both vilas and cwr2 weapon models that we have access to provided to me by Alex or made by myself and Sander, but it wont be dependant upon either cwr2 or p85. Project 82 will be self contained.

My suggestion is that you stop all work for Arma 2 and start working to get this working into Arma 3 insted.

Players have moved on to A3.

Hi Gents,

here are some pics of argentine troops beta stage from Colonel Stagler showing P82 weapons pack:

Some argentine infantry troopies trying to make friendhip with kelpers in the islands:

falk5.jpg

Then argentine Cab601 commandos with Instalaza super bazooka:

falk2.jpg

Argentine navy/marines commandos during April 2 invasion of Port Stanley:

falk3.jpg

Argentine troops waiting british landings at dawn:

falk4.jpg

Finally argentine infantry patrolling Port Stanley streets:

falk5.jpg

Please note that argentine troops are in alpha stage, they need a new US M-1 helmet, but suit camo pattern and webbings are very realistic and reflects the equipment of that era.

According Clonel Stagler, with the new P82 weapons pack, our units will not be dependant upon either cwr2 or p85.

With P82 weapons pack we can see FN-FAL rifle series, FN-MAG, M3 grease gun, Blowpipe missile (for the first time in ArmA 2!) Instalaza super bazooka etc...

Next release of the weappns pack might have Mauser sniping rifle, and FN-MAG mounted on tripod.

Next step for Colonel will be making an alpha pack of british troops, that in my opinion is quite 90% done, using the same P3d winter soldiers model, and commonality in equipment and weapons.

---------- Post added at 11:09 ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 ----------

Sorry guys:

Here the first correct pic.

Hi Gents,

here are some pics of argentine troops beta stage from Colonel Stagler showing P82 weapons pack:

Some argentine infantry troopies trying to make friendhip with kelpers in the islands:

falk1.jpg

Cheers

With Cazadores de Monte team we have progress with the Mirage3EA and the Mirage5(Nesher/Dagger) is still in alpha

http://media.moddb.com/images/members/1/292/291620/ArmA2OA_2013-09-05_20-27-04-09.jpg (120 kB)

ArmA2OA_2013-09-10_22-12-06-81.jpg

ArmA2OA_2013-09-10_22-12-05-76.jpg

ArmA2OA_2013-09-10_22-12-23-99.jpg

http://media.moddb.com/images/members/1/292/291620/ArmA2OA_2013-09-05_20-27-53-42.jpg (161 kB)

the arma3 port could wait until we have more tools and tutorials, with CDM team we have made some test, but the ARMA3 modeling and texture quality standars are high, the ARMA2 engineis more balanced between texture and model, in arma3 the model needs to be great otherwise it would look bad

http://media.moddb.com/images/members/1/292/291620/arma3_2013-08-03_02-01-48-23.jpg (286 kB)

Col Stag: sound decision mate given limited resources

Cimalex, foxtrop1 & co: my suggestion is that you continue your work for Arma 2 and finish this.

Players have moved on to A3 but many have stayed.

Once the shine has worn off A3 many more will realise that it will be many months, if not years before A3 reaches maturity in terms of code, units and mods.

Don't believe me? Just look at Arma 2.

Still don't believe me? Look at Arma 1.

Right now Arma 2 is living some of its best years with the recent releases of mods such as Unsung, CSLA, AH-64D, CWR2, Eurofighter, OFRP and Invasion 44.

Missions and campaigns are also richer than ever, e.g. the Memory, Real-World Operations, Op Wayne Grey, 100 Days, etc.

Some of the finest maps ever produced too: Caribou, FATA, Fapovo, etc.

Thanks domokun.

My suggestion is that you stop all work for Arma 2 and start working to get this working into Arma 3 insted.

Players have moved on to A3.

Im sorry but Im not working on content for that piece of crap.

That's my only and final word.

I will put all the effort I can into P82 ARMA 2, but im not touching A3.

Hi domokun,

in fact I realise that ArmA 2 have still a lot of "charme" and potentiality, I/We want to continue play it and develop what I/We can...

Now it's up to the community boys to give that help we need, according for what they can do.

The idea is good, the work to do is a lot.

Thanks for supporting.

Fully agree with Domokun.

Arma 2 is simply better, so I’m really glad your progressing this along and staying with Arma2.

Great news.:)

Thing is Stagler, the units look good and will be well appreciated when this comes out. The only thing updating it to ArmA 3 will benefit your mod is that the map sizes will be bigger, allowing for a more realistic looking island. However, as you've already touched on, ArmA 3 is yet to mature to that stage.

Are you intending on doing any of the UK Task force ships?

Thing is Stagler, the units look good and will be well appreciated when this comes out. The only thing updating it to ArmA 3 will benefit your mod is that the map sizes will be bigger, allowing for a more realistic looking island. However, as you've already touched on, ArmA 3 is yet to mature to that stage.

Are you intending on doing any of the UK Task force ships?

Im sorry Goose.

It seems the community is divided about ARMA 3, however I know where I stand.

All my work will be available to anybody who wants to port it over to ARMA 3, however I will not be doing so, at all.

I do have models for most of the ships thanks to Alex but as with all things, they require much work.

Stagler, I think you misunderstand me. What I'm saying is your decision to stay with ArmA 2 is (in my opinion) a good one.

Reference the ships: Are they going to be static models, or will they be able to move like the Progetta Flotta/Pedagne Mods Italian ships?