Sign in to follow this  
Caedwalla

Problems with Patch/Game Code

I just installed the game, entered the "GameSpy Code" and played around in it for a while. It worked.

Without any patch installed, it says I am running version 1.60.000.

Then, hoping to fix some of the problems I was seeing, I downloaded the patch 1.02 and installed it. Well, I tried to install it.

A window popped up that informed that it was trying to patch version 1.60 to version 1.61.

Each time it tried to overwrite/update a file, it said something like..."Update 1.60-1.61/IF/ADDONS/IF_MPMISSIONS.IFA.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1". A second dialog appeared indicating that an error had been found in various files... "IF/ADDONS/if_mpmissions.ifa". It gave the the option to cancel, ignore, or retry. Of course, retry never worked, so I picked ignore. After about 30 files with errors, it completed the process. I wondered what would happen....

After restarting the game, it said I did not have a valid license and redirected me to a website where I could get my license. There, I entered the same GameSpy Code I had entered when I first installed the game. However, the website would not accept it. In any form.

Now I can't play the game and I am wondering if I need to re-install the whole game and patch only to have the same thing happen.

Why am I having these problems?!? Are they related? Or not?

Thanks.

(Running Windows XP on a 24" Mac with Bootcamp)

Edited by Caedwalla

On a clean game must be patch 1.01 and then 1.02 installed, not directly 1.02 on a clean game. It's said in the instructions.

On a clean game must be patch 1.01 and then 1.02 installed, not directly 1.02 on a clean game. It's said in the instructions.

I didn't get instructions with my 1.02 patch, and so I also got the OPs experience. I simply Googled the latest patch and assumed it would follow BIS's model of latest patch only needed. Can you please make a sticky with patch links & info, otherwise it's a bit likely that this sort of thing happens :)