Sign in to follow this  
colonel_paz

How to add parachute insertion in Iron Front?

Hello People,

I purchased Iron Front not long ago and I entered a few multiplayer servers that actually have parachute insertion functions (linked to a table with a map usually) that allows you to select a spot on your map to para-drop to that location. I was wondering how to add this functionality to a mission via the editor. I have worked with arma2 scripts before even though I'm a bit rusty. If it's a script (which I suppose it might be) can anyone point me to the right direction? hopefully even the right script

Thanks a lot!

Hi guys,

I found this script that I used once in ARMA2 for halo jump. It was linked to the flag, basically you were to run to the base flag, select from the menu the option "halo" and then click on the map a location... this would activate the script and para drop animation etc etc. I have tried this inside Iron Front and it works, but it won't play an animation, it basically just teleports you to the spot you clicked on the map.... does anyone knows how to look for the parachute animation in Iron Front? I know there is one cause as I said before, i played a server with this function. Please any help?

SCRIPTS ARE:

_first = _this select 0
_text = "Halo by single-clicking on the map.You start at a height of 1000 above your current location."
?(format["%1",_first] == "Again"): 
TitleText [_text,"Plain"]
;forceMap true
#Marker_1
onMapSingleClick "_StartLocation = player setPos _pos;[_StartLocation] exec ""Halo1.sqs"";onMapSingleClick """""
;
exit

the one above, calls this one:

[Player,1000]exec "ca\air2\halo\data\Scripts\HALO_init.sqs"

exit

and inside the editor, you put this code in the init field of the object you plan to use as a trigger for this script

this addaction ["(Halo)","halo.sqs"];

As I said before, this script works, but no animation is displayed, you just appear in the spot you selected in the map and it shows an error sating:

Could not find: HALO_init.sqs

Please guys any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Could not find: HALO_init.sqs

The script your are calling is looking for the HALO_init.sqs script as well, but it is missing.

I am guessing if you looked in your root file directory you will be missing HALO_init.sqs. This script might contain the air drop and animation code, and might fix what you need.

You have two options:

A. Find what belongs in the HALO_init.sqs script and make it yourself.

B. Find the HALO_init.sqs script and drop it into your map root file directory and profit.

-Haze

Ok, I have looked around and the problem seems to be that the script i'm using for the parachute drop it's actually calling a halo file from ARMA2 files themselves, so it is using ARMA2's halo file... which explains why the script works without playing the animation in Iron Front, cause Iron Front doesn't have a file called HALO_init.sqs in it. The bad news is that even while trying to search for the file within ARMA2 directories, i can't find it... and to be honest, the ideal solution would be to know Iron Front's parachute script so i can call it with this script and replace HALO_init.sqs with whatever iron front uses for such purpose.

The question now is, does anyone know what file could that be?

Thank again...

While not an answer to your question, I've been thinking about this and other stuff like artillery and transport scripts/modules for Arma2 and how those would work in Iron Front. I don't know enough about scripting or modules to be dangerous with it, so bear with me here.

I'm wondering if you were to import all of the applicable files for a parachute drop from Arma2 (assuming you had all the appropriate files), could you get the same parachute drop to occur in Iron Front? To explain it further, if I have a script for a C-130 dropping paratroopers in Arma2, if I grabbed all of those files from Arma2 and copied them to Iron Front, would I see a C-130 dropping paratroopers in Iron Front? I would think from that point all you would have to do is change to the appropriate models from Iron Front and then you would have it.

I guess the base question is, just how much stuff from Arma2 can we import to Iron Front? There is so much material available for Arma2, that if all we had to do is swap out the modern day equipment for the WWII equipment, why wouldn't it work?

Not trying to hijack your post. If necessary I can move this to a new thread.

Thanks

Edited by apd1004
speling erors

While not an answer to your question, I've been thinking about this and other stuff like artillery and transport scripts/modules for Arma2 and how those would work in Iron Front. I don't know enough about scripting or modules to be dangerous with it, so bear with me here.

I'm wondering if you were to import all of the applicable files for a parachute drop from Arma2 (assuming you had all the appropriate files), could you get the same parachute drop to occur in Iron Front? To explain it further, if I have a script for a C-130 dropping paratroopers in Arma2, if I grabbed all of those files from Arma2 and copied them to Iron Front, would I see a C-130 dropping paratroopers in Iron Front? I would think from that point all you would have to do is change to the appropriate models from Iron Front and then you would have it.

I guess the base question is, just how much stuff from Arma2 can we import to Iron Front? There is so much material available for Arma2, that if all we had to do is swap out the modern day equipment for the WWII equipment, why wouldn't it work?

Not trying to hijack your post. If necessary I can move this to a new thread.

Thanks

Since Iron Front uses the same engine ARMA2 uses, yes... scripts from ARMA2 would work in iron front... however, things like class names and stuff like that will change since the objects, units and other things are not the same, which is the problem I have now with this script, which is actually from ARMA2, but scripting for Iron Front is the same as scripting for ARMA2