Sign in to follow this  
Sierra117

What games got you into tactical gaming?

I was a board wargamer, so it started even before I had a computer. I used to make tactical scale wargames for the use of my friends and me, and from the moment that I first saw computer games with 3D worlds, I began to dream about the possibilities. SEAL Team by EA was the first PC game to really scratch the itch. It was a fantastic game, one that would be just amazing done today with modern technology.

I actually have a copy of that but no PC crappy enough to run it. :(

I actually have a copy of that but no PC crappy enough to run it. :(

Don't you hate that? lol There are a few old games that I own as well that require a crappy PC.

MOHAA & BF1942

Rangers Lead The Way

Navy Seals

Hidden an Dangerous

Delta Force Land Warrior & BHD & Joint Operations

Of course OFP started all of this but some of the early games were are worth mentioning though they may have been shooters the all started me on the path to where I'am now.

And probably no big secret that OFP had probably the most impact on my gamin at the time. Not to many games could create the feeling like the whole russian army was chasing you down an trying to kill you like OFP CWC did at least for me 8)-

Edited by Call_911

TBH I think the first tactical game I played was the original carrier command :)

For me, It would be Hidden & Dangerous 2 For sure.

Well, the first game I bought was (I think) Hidden and Dangerous, not fully knowing what it was. It was so broken however that I didnt get to play it for more than 5 minutes untill several years later. In the mean time I got the original Rainbow Six and loved it even though I didnt get most of it. I was still young. Later on I got Rogue Spear, which was a massive improvement and I started getting better myself as well. After that Hidden and Dangerous finally started working I think (Deluxe edition) and I played Ghost Recon too, which I guess is kind of similar to H&D. Pretty much played every other tactical shooter I could get my hands on after that.

But it started with R6/H&D, which is why I'm looking forward to Ground Branch so much. I think it will nail the perfect combination between R6/H&D/GR, and it's been a long time since we had a game that pulled both outdoor combat and CQB off really well (if we ever had one other than H&D2).