Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

Will resistance have new weapons sounds?

Been reading this thread. Seems that people in the know (not me, of course) are saying that we might no longer need sound addon packs once OFPR arrives.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

Posted: June 19 2002,11:53    

You  might want to wait for Resistance in a week or so before installing sound mods..

you might be surprised !

Capt Moore

<span id='postcolor'>

I'll believe it when I hear it.

-=Die Alive=-

If it doesn't have new sounds, lets hope it at least has a way of changing sounds much more easily.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PitViper @ June 19 2002,22:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If it doesn't have new sounds, lets hope it at least has a way of changing sounds much more easily.<span id='postcolor'>

Changing sounds easily is an invitation for MP cheaters.

Example 1: Make footsteps 10 times louder to hear soldiers in the distance more easily.

Example 2: changed the silenced sound of an MP5 to that of a loud gun, so that you can more eaily determine the source of a saboteur.

hmmm true.

hopefully they incorporated Satchel's sounds into flashpoint.

Someone check Satchel's bank account to see if he's received a sum of cash from BIS smile.gif

It's not just the weapon sounds that makes Satchel's pack so good. I like the ambiant sounds and the movement. It really changes the game. I turned it off once and man did I miss it!

COLINMAN

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PitViper @ June 19 2002,23:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">hmmm true.

Someone check Satchel's bank account to see if he's received a sum of cash from BIS smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

uhm ... that would invite to a lawsuit, as Satchel ripped the sounds from video and other sources, so BIS can't use them even if they wanted.

not necessarily. with music you can use up to 4 bars (if i remember correctly) without any fees or permit. drums are not protected at all. so i doubt a gun shot , a fraction of a second long would be protected. in addition, how would a producer know that his gun sound was used ? guns appear in so many movies, how to tell whether it was taken from rambo, a schwarzenegger flic or from somewhere else.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (eskimo jackson @ June 20 2002,01:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">not necessarily. with music you can use up to 4 bars (if i remember correctly) without any fees or permit. drums are not protected at all. so i doubt a gun shot , a fraction of a second long would be protected. in addition, how would a producer know that his gun sound was used ? guns appear in so many movies, how to tell whether it was taken from rambo, a schwarzenegger flic or from somewhere else.<span id='postcolor'>

sure that works when you make stuff for fun - but for bigtime commercial purposes it's a very very bad philosophy. In my few years in advertisement, I've seen people get sued for the most rediculous details, like down to a jingle that faintly reminded of a popular song. They got their asses sued off.

the jingles was what i had in mind with the 4 bars. if you listen to radio commercials for example you ll see that many of them resemble big hits. but then again they just resemble them.

anyways. as a game developer they just be able to record and implement their own (better) sounds anyways.

i dont want to diminish satchels work though , his soundpack is fantastic.

i think what they ment by that reply to wait for resistance to come out is not because of new sounds but probly because each time OFP was upgraded the mod would have to be changed in order of it to work or even install the upgrade for OFP. kinda like wait a few days befor installing it unsted of installing it now and then end up have to reformat OFP in order to install resistance

if (Resistance = nonewsounds);

then

I'll be ready for Pit Viper to hand me a new .CPP file for the new installation smile.gif (assuming of course he's willing)

Hope it doesn't come to that. Hate for Pit Viper to have to go .ini diggin'. (what it all boils down to)

.:iXnay

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ixnaymu9 @ June 20 2002,04:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">if (Resistance = nonewsounds);<span id='postcolor'>

syntax error

if (Resistance = nonewsounds);

should be

if (Resistance == nonewsounds);

from that trailer they had some time ago, it seemed like at least AKs had a bit different sounds. and speaking of user defined sound changes, i don't think it'll happen..like someone in previous post said, it's welcome for cheaters like me......eh...scratch that last sentence...

tounge.giftounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ June 20 2002,07:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">should be

if (Resistance == nonewsounds);<span id='postcolor'>

or I could have put....

if (Resistance != newsounds);

Heh. But that would have been too unfriendly to the non code/script folks.

.:iXnay

Avon is Capt Moore anyways affiliated with Bis? If he was a betatester or sometin, then it might be true else, we can dream the new sounds.........

ale2999,

Only eight more days (according to CM) for the release.

Resistance is WAY worth the value, you willl see.

Plus you can use my littlebird pack in Resistance.

The huge island and large cities would make some good spots for a BHD type mission.

Capt Moore

I think the AK-47 sound sample in the official OFP:R Trailer was a new one, but then again i didn´t hear the original Flashpoint sounds for a long time now.

Regarding copyrights; all samples for the soundpack were recorded out of private, Army, Bundeswehr or cooperation promotion and demonstration video resources (H&K, Bofors, General Dynamics Land Systems, Boeing, Russian Defense Expo and others)  , no sounds were taken from motion pictures.

About cheating woes while using custom sounds; if someone destroys his own game by making weapons or environmental sounds the exact opposite of what they should be (silence traded in for loudness for easier acquiring), his gameplay experience will suffer, not exactly worth the effort for some louder footsteps or MP5SD in my oppinion.

If you wanted to cheat using sounds in OFP, you simply need to turn on EAX and Hardware acceleration, and you´ll almost hear the enemy squad from one end of the island to the other.

Almost every game comming in mind allows changing of sound samples, and it would be great if Flashpoint would be no exception to this, unless the stock sounds are extraordinary good in realism and variety,  so there is no motivation to  change anything.

If several config.bin´s (encryptet) could be managed and handled similar to addons, it would be possible running the setup you just need for online or offline gaming, without having to do manual file operations and swapping constantly between config.bin´s if you use other mods that need the orig config.bin to be changed.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Satchel @ June 21 2002,12: 0)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">About cheating woes while using custom sounds; if someone destroys his own game by making weapons or environmental sounds the exact opposite of what they should be (silence traded in for loudness for easier acquiring), his gameplay experience will suffer, not exactly worth the effort for some louder footsteps or MP5SD in my opinion.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, that's a normal person's opinion. Unfortuanetly, cheaters are just concerned with being the best or ruining everything for others. They have their own mentality. <!--emo&sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If you wanted to cheat using sounds in OFP, you simply need to turn on EAX and Hardware acceleration, and you´ll almost hear the enemy squad from one end of the island to the other.<span id='postcolor'>

What if BIS fixes that? smile.gif

I prefer BIS' method of not allowing sounds to be changed on the fly. I'm just hoping that this time around the sounds are greatly improved, as I've been enjoying your sound pack since it's been out. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (WKK Gimbal @ June 20 2002,01:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif7--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PitViper @ June 19 2002,23wow.gif7)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">hmmm true.

Someone check Satchel's bank account to see if he's received a sum of cash from BIS smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

uhm ... that would invite to a lawsuit, as Satchel ripped the sounds from video and other sources, so BIS can't use them even if they wanted.<span id='postcolor'>

Lawsuit? It depends...if the Czech Republic didn't have any copyright laws, or very lax ones, then the copyright holder couldn't do anything, or not much. BIS is based in the Czech Republic, hence subject to Czech law.

Having said that, I think the Czech Republic has proper copyright laws in place (unlike some other Ex-Soviet countries wink.gif ) and to be honest, I think BIS are good enough people not to infringe copyrights smile.gif

Besides, if you think about it, it is impossible to claim copyright for the sounds as it is impossible to prove where they came from - they should sound the same anywhere.

Codemaster's publish Opf, thus they will be the ones held accountable for any illegal acts, really you should know that smile.gif

I am gonna get resistance with or without new sounds, even thoe new sounds would make me merry biggrin.gif . Capt. Moore, yea I will use or little birds alot smile.gif, u sound like u know ALOT about Resistance.....