Sign in to follow this  
jakerod

Army of the Czech Republic DLC

The middle of August has come and gone, and no ACR on Steam. No word from BIS either, why?

the issue is deeper and sort of out of our (my) hands ... it will be available as soon as our distribution partner can resolve them

the issue is deeper and sort of out of our (my) hands ... it will be available as soon as our distribution partner can resolve them

tumblr_led65pXLbq1qbqtb0o1_500.jpg

No but seriously though, thanks for replying. I'll go and (im)patiently wait some more.

Edited by Borklund

Buy the game and DLC from BIS and never worry about Steam causing you problems again. :)

How can you remove these retarded hints....

If you can't lie down, try to crouch....

Firing and unsuppresed weapong gives away your position, especially at night

Thank you for this very useful information

3633-you-dont-say.jpg

Waiting patiently for the Steam ACR DLC version. Thanks for the update and nice to know it's on its way!

If someone needs more ACR missions to play, the DLC is now featured in my mission Zub:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?132726-SP-MP-Dynamic-Whole-Map-Missions-by-SaOk

You dont play as them, but could meet them on battlefield as one faction and take a part of their operations. :)

Edited by SaOk

How can you remove these retarded hints....

If you can't lie down, try to crouch....

Firing and unsuppresed weapong gives away your position, especially at night

You can't - an earlier post stated it was a 'design decision'. After a while you forget they are there. Unfortunately they should have had a 'Remember to turn off your projector before you go on holiday' hint - that would have saved me a new bulb!

Hi.

I'm still waiting for the Steam ACR DLC version. It was supposed to be released in the middle of August.

Thanks for the info Dwarden :)

Nice to know it's on its way!!!

It definately needs a patch before the steam version is released, you dont want it now trust me. Well maybe except for the maps.

The colonel is right. This DLC is shit, frankly.

There's a couple of nice looking vehicles, but their config is a appalling. The units we already had in OA but BI took them away and made us pay for them, again. They happily let us drool over the illusion of a fixed and updated Chernarus and instead gave us a handful of cut down towns from it. The game patronises players throughout the game with stupid onscreen texts - standing up makes you more exposed? No shit, Sherlock. It won't load itself up as an expansion - you have to force it as a mod.

Save your money and don't bother with it. I'm willing to bet that there will be no servers using it - mine certainly doesn't. Much as it pains me to say it; PMC is a polished product compared to this steaming pile.

I am using ARC lite at the moment and just played a map in multiplayer. Something is very, very wrong here. The whole performance of the game seemed to degrade compared to OA, FPS reduced, lag and terrible LOD problems with terrain, some objects, buildings and foliage. Has anyone noticed if this occurs with the DLC, does it improve over ACR lite or not?

Using patch 1.62.96016

The previous map was OA and was perfectly OK, as soon as ACR was started things were not as they should be. ACR content seems to cause problems with other terrains such as Zargabad and Takistan. Someone suggested I should re-install, will try that and will comment back here if it solves anything.

it. The game patronises players throughout the game with stupid onscreen texts - standing up makes you more exposed? No shit, Sherlock. It won't load itself up as an expansion - you have to force it as a mod.

lmao, what's with the hostility toward the Help tips? I too had a bit of a smirk at the "noobiness" of it, but then saw one I didn't realise after playing the game for 8 years :D "The last 5 rounds of a magazine will be all tracer to let you know you are out of ammo"

Besides, even if I where to mock them to myself..I wouldn't come on here to bitch about it. They are COMPLETELY unintrusive and may actually help some one who is new, so who cares...sheesh.

I am using ARC lite at the moment and just played a map in multiplayer. Something is very, very wrong here. The whole performance of the game seemed to degrade compared to OA, FPS reduced, lag and terrible LOD problems with terrain, some objects, buildings and foliage. Has anyone noticed if this occurs with the DLC, does it improve over ACR lite or not?

Using patch 1.62.96016

The previous map was OA and was perfectly OK, as soon as ACR was started things were not as they should be. ACR content seems to cause problems with other terrains such as Zargabad and Takistan. Someone suggested I should re-install, will try that and will comment back here if it solves anything.

I own the full DLC and Performance seems worse in general for me too. And there are LOD issues. I am also experiencing similar problems when playing online with Takistan though..

If I had to pick some thing specific about the DLC that seems much worse than Chern1.0 or Takistan it would be that bushes and foliage, when zooming and scoping, seems to give me more FPS loss on the ACR maps. But LOD probs and stutter are everywhere for me since 1.62 full

Edited by -=seany=-

If I wanted to be patronised, I'd go to work. I come here for grown up fun.

You're right, in many ways, of course. Given the influx of new players thanks to DayZ, making the subsequent DLC extra helpful is a good call, but FFS, let us turn it off if we want to.

Regarding the steam release. Just got an update on ArmA II OA on steam and it downloaded the 33933_install.vdf install script for installation of the ACR DLC, so maybe the release is not so far away.

The colonel is right. This DLC is shit, frankly.

There's a couple of nice looking vehicles, but their config is a appalling. The units we already had in OA but BI took them away and made us pay for them, again. They happily let us drool over the illusion of a fixed and updated Chernarus and instead gave us a handful of cut down towns from it. The game patronises players throughout the game with stupid onscreen texts - standing up makes you more exposed? No shit, Sherlock. It won't load itself up as an expansion - you have to force it as a mod.

Save your money and don't bother with it. I'm willing to bet that there will be no servers using it - mine certainly doesn't. Much as it pains me to say it; PMC is a polished product compared to this steaming pile.

I definently agree with you on that one Tank!!!

I'm not too happy with the quality of this DLC, too. I've been really expecting to see a nice new smaller woodland map, but got the clipped stuff from Chernarus, retextured... with couple of new trees.

But then again, I've paid more for a lunch (chicken with rice) yesterday at Chinese Restaurant ;)

I am getting slow performance as well as a result of the ACR download. Hopefully this will be fixed in a patch.

The thing thats pissed me off the most is that whatever that patch or DLC did, the glass on my spetsnaz fsb is now broken :(

I liked the ACR DLC. Especially the Saboteur. My favorite vehicles are the PANDUR 2 and the L159. The PANDUR is the best wheeled apc in the game atm and the engine sounds from the L159 ALCA are awesome. The DINGO 2 needs a buff. For an MRAP it is the weakest and slowest of all of the vehicles. Tires puncture to easily and one satchel/rpg (satchel @ 2-3m) will destroy it while the uparmored HMMWV survives the same attack quite well. Why would I drive the Dingo when the HMMWV is faster and better protected?

Of course there are several bugs and most of them have already been addressed on DevHeaven. The biggest problem so far has been the ACR MP compatability patch. I have the new ACR ported to Insurgency but I have to beg players to install the patch in order to play it. I only hope that with 1.63 the ACR lite content is included instead of as a seperate option.

The LOD issues I have aswell. I am not sure if it was the 1.62 patch or the ACR DLC I purchased but the LOD switching looks horrid. I'm running max settings on a high end rig and while I am only 30 meters from vehicles the low poly uglyness flashes in and out constantly.

The LOD issues I have aswell. I am not sure if it was the 1.62 patch or the ACR DLC I purchased but the LOD switching looks horrid. I'm running max settings on a high end rig and while I am only 30 meters from vehicles the low poly uglyness flashes in and out constantly.

With regards to the LOD issue, that is an know issue. Post in here about your issues: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?137726-LOD-switching-issue-since-1-62/page17

I only hope that with 1.63 the ACR lite content is included instead of as a seperate option.

Unfort. this has already been said by a bi-dev that light ver will NOT be included in any patch. See page 112

"Thats technicaly not possible. ACR need both Arma2 and Arrowhead data. Lite data cannot be included in Arrowhead patch. You have to download ACR LITE data separately."

Dorph;2212614']Unfort. this has already been said by a bi-dev that light ver will NOT be included in any patch. See page 112

"Thats technicaly not possible. ACR need both Arma2 and Arrowhead data. Lite data cannot be included in Arrowhead patch. You have to download ACR LITE data separately."

Well, now I understand why they kept them seperate. Thanks for the clarification.

Just wanted to give an update about performance and the ACR DLC. Helps if you delete your user configuration file as it will clear up any problems you may be having. I know it worked for me. Just wanted to throw that out there.