Sign in to follow this  
jakerod

Army of the Czech Republic DLC

Do the ACR have bvp-1? i only found it for other factions in editor

I also havnt found the BVP-1 ??:confused: did see two retextured vanilla BMP-2s.

What will happen if I install ACR lite? Will the OA ACR Units get replaced by low res versions? Will they have different gear?

I think this DLC is totally worth the low price. As a comparison, there is something on Steam called "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - Collection 2", which seems to be 3 new maps and 2 new game modes, for 14 Euros. Quite a bit more than ACR, and not nearly the same amount of content (and that's not counting the discount sale for ACR).

However, I agree that some of the bugs seems totally baffling, and it's unacceptable that they were not detected and fixed during production and testing. Like other people have already pointed out, no one ever tried to get out of the gunners position of the T810 truck and notice that that is likely to get you killed or wounded? Getting into and out of every position in a vehicle would seem to be part of even minimum testing of new content. I'm sure these kinds of bugs will all be fixed in coming patches, but they shouldn't have been there in the first place.

Still, it's great value for the money, and a great final (?) DLC for Arma 2 before Arma 3 will take over.

Edited by Johan S

I also havnt found the BVP-1 ??:confused: did see two retextured vanilla BMP-2s.

BVP is a Takistani vehicle isn't it?

I also havnt found the BVP-1 ?? did see two retextured vanilla BMP-2s

Takistan have it, think it wasn't there b4 but i expected ACR to have it and it's not in ACR, can someone from bis confirm

and another weird thing

licence agreement was not in english either, i d/l from us mirror

What will happen if I install ACR lite? Will the OA ACR Units get replaced by low res versions? Will they have different gear?
With latest ACR LITE the old OA unit models are not replaced anymore, only their gear is.

I didn't need this DLC but I bought it anyway to support my favourite developer.

I have no real intention to play the missions or really even use the content, but have been playing for a couple of hours and have a few observations

Pros

• Install was straightforward once AVG was disabled temporarily
  • Units, weapons and vehicles seem nicely detailed
  • Summer map clutter is quite nice
  • Performance on these "cutout" maps is much higher than the maps they were cut out of

Cons

• Czech/English voice inconsistency is pretty jarring
  • ACR not loaded if OA started via launcher, has to be loaded as a mod.
  • Lack of town names on summer maps is baffling and makes random mission generation essentially impossible
  • Ambient civilians don't work on summer maps
  • Some truly terrible tree/bush LODs on the summer maps, lots of trees switching to these terrible LODS when only a few metres distant

To be honest, I've downloaded better community contributed content lately. Am I hugely disappointed? No. I'm sure other people will have bigger philosophical and practical beefs with this DLC, but I was happy to spend $AUD 11 to contribute to further development of A2 and A3.

Edited by tpw

To be honest, I've downloaded better community contributed content lately. Am I hugely disappointed? No. I'm sure other people will have bigger philosophical and practical beefs with this DLC, but I was happy to spend $AUD 11 to contribute to further development of A2 and A3.

I agree - I think that some of the contents of the DLC could do with a patch, but overall I like it and was happy with my purchase. I am more than happy to shove a tenner BIS's way for this if it aids further development of the franchise.

The LOD switching is quite bad I agree - I am also getting terrible HDR 'flashing' in Crossfire X mode on the new summer maps (Takistan is fine). I have had this before on BIS maps but was able to tone it down by messing with Vsync and HDR precision - no such luck with these maps. I have the same problem with the maps in Iron Front too - so not sure where to point the finger!

Never mind.

Edited by OMAC

Only time I saw the name BVP was for the CDF with ACE mod

Only time I saw the name BVP was for the CDF with ACE mod

On official arma2 site under acr vehicles there is bvp1. A plain green one

On official arma2 site under acr vehicles there is bvp1. A plain green one

Ah, from what I read the BVP is the name of a CZ built BMP. So maybe they forgot to change the name and left it as BMP-2 :D

Hmm, how hard would be for BIS to contact zGuba for his improved Hind model (we really hoped BIS put in a new parallax hud):

My bad, I got confused between a BM(V)P 1 and 2

Anyway, I really need to know this now. If I buy it on store.bistudio will I get it on steam?

The BVP-1 is in Takistani armor.

Guess that means we have new vehicle for takistan army. Any other surprises for non acr factions

On first mission in campaign I've captured this second guy (one who tried flied away from area), but then nothing happened and I could not give him the order to mount my jeep. Also I've waited almost 10 minutes for support but Pandur didn't reach my destination. Old sins...echhh

Finished it. My opinion: NOT WORTH IT.

The campaign is really 8 missions. The sp scenarios are underwhelming (only 1 real mission, and it's short and easy).

Anyway, I really need to know this now. If I buy it on store.bistudio will I get it on steam?

No, you will not get it on Steam, but you can download and install the BIS Store version and use it with a Steam version of the game. You just need to add -mod=ACR to the game startup parameters in Steam.

This dlc is english only, or there's subtitles for other language (German French etc..) ?

So, downloaded and already making missions for the ‘new’ (sort of) terrains. Won't bother playing the campaigns (never do), its all about the 'Editor' ;).

£7.99 or something around that price from BIS, its good value. Everything they produce is good value imo..:)

The campaign is really 8 missions. The sp scenarios are underwhelming (only 1 real mission, and it's short and easy).

There are 15 missions to play. Campaign has 8 missions. Each mission takes 45-90min. 7 missions are in singleplayer menu. It is Patrol, Showcase, Shooting and Agility ranges + 3 missions as templates (singleplayer/my missions...)

---------- Post added at 13:51 ---------- Previous post was at 13:45 ----------

Any chance you can be faithful to your defence forces equipment and give us some amphibian action :) ? Or is it not possible with Wheeled vehicles in the Arma engine?

Pandur should be "amphibian". We will fix that in a patch.

I also want to thank others who help by reporting bugs at CIT (https://dev-heaven.net/versions/1346). We keep tracking the ACR related bugs there.

Edited by Armored_Sheep