Sign in to follow this  
jakerod

Army of the Czech Republic DLC

Just downloaded today.

Cannot install.

Getting pop up box:

!!! MISSING STRING

I have BOX version of Arma2/OA/CO, not Steam version.

Contacted BIS Store Support.

The guy wants me to do this:

please do this:

1. Exit Steam.

2. Run Steam as Administrator (right-click on the Steam icon and then

click on "Run As Administrator").

3. Run Arma 2 once and once it loads the main menu, close it.

4. Run Operation Arrowhead. Arma2: Operation arrowhead will download

all DLCs available.

5. Install all DLCs you have available.

6. Now run Arrowhead again (NOT Combined Operations, but Arrowhead) and

you should have all DLCs and Arma 2 content available in-game.

I knew it wouldn't work but tried it anyways.

Replied back and informed them, again, that I do not have Steam version of Arma 2/OA/CO.

Does anybody know about this !!! MISSION STRING situation? Any advise.

Really really disappointed.

Are you using other mods at the same time? If so you need to make sure that you load ACR as a mod, since it doesn't work like the other DLCs.

Are you using other mods at the same time? If so you need to make sure that you load ACR as a mod, since it doesn't work like the other DLCs.

Well, the strange thing is that it will extract to a TEMP folder in C drive. My Arma2 is on D drive.

It will extract, then go into SET-up but just as soon as it does that, I get the !!! MISSING STING pop up.

It's not even showing a Mod in the base BIS folder.

Still looking into this....nonsense.

Still looking into this....nonsense.

OK, I managed to locate the ACRDL folder in my AppData\Local\Temp folder.

I found this:

ACR folder

Common Folder

Data folder

ACR_Lite_readme

ACR_Lite_UnInstall

ACR_Lite_UnInstall

checkFileList.lst

readme

setup

setu.crc

Setup

setup.dat

setup.dat.bisgn

Setup

Uninstall

UnInstall

The problem is that I cannot get SET-UP WIZARD to even start because it crashes with the pop-up box "!!! MISSING STRING"

What if I manually drop ACR folder, Common folder and Data folder into my main BIS folder?

ACR folder has: Addons, destop, mod.cpp, mod.paa

Common folder has: air_acr.PBO.bi.bisign.................Woodland_ACR.pbo.xz

Data folder has: bitmap1....bitmap6, license, setupWelcome

Any opinions or comments about this idea of just drag and drop into BIS folder??

Try to download again . I didnt had any Problems with installing ACR. BTW what OS youre using?

It installed a folder called "ACR" into the "Arma2"-Folder. It contains that stuff you got in ACR-folder plus readme.txt, uninstall.exe, unisntall.csv. uninstall.log (including that bisigns in the addons-folder there). Its like BAF/PMC folders.

My "common"-folder in "arma2"-folder doesnt show any ACR-related files (and its the only one called common), it only contains arma2 up to the BAF/PMC-files. And that stuff from Data-folder i cant find (only took a short view into it).

You might give it a try to with that acr-folder like a mod-folder. But it may get problems with updates.

Try to download again .

Thanks for your reply.

Using Win 7

I'll try to download it again.

Seems if I just drag and drop files from the Local\Temp\ACR.......I won't have the ACR Campaigns/missions.

The Support guy wants me to send him the OA RPT, but I just don't see the relation. It's crashing at the set up Wizard.

hey!

maybe I did a wrong search, but I didn't find the weapons and ammo classnames.

where can I find them?

thanks

yeah, I've seen this.

but there is no classname for the weapons and ammo like the machingun nor the other assault rifle nor the pistols

or I can't read correctly...

yeah, I've seen this.

but there is no classname for the weapons and ammo like the machingun nor the other assault rifle nor the pistols

or I can't read correctly...

The next post after the one linked has the classnames for the weapons.

Damn it, I am blind...

Thanks....

So whats this DLC about? Does it take place in the czech republic?

The first post kind of answers that......

The pbo is "Northern_Insurgency.Bootcamp_ACR.pbo"

Have fun!

Hmmm did they even beta test this dlc...everytime i use ACR content, a little part of me cries....

topbetatesting.jpg

Top right corner of the Bysticrap map.....:icon_wink:

Why is that a bug? Maybe the town is planning on moving in there and is plotting out where everything will be in advance? It's no different than ruins on other maps or some random building out in the middle of nowhere or something.

Man, I have been having a blast playing in these ponds for the last few hours. Tons of amphibious battles. Definitely my favorite part of the DLC. The ponds alone were worth my $ IMHO

Bad. Ass.

I'm sold.

Cheers for sharing the pics of your adventures. Definitely my cuppa' tea.

Why is that a bug? Maybe the town is planning on moving in there and is plotting out where everything will be in advance? It's no different than ruins on other maps or some random building out in the middle of nowhere or something.

Well, it looks like an oversight to me, and sv5000 certainly agrees. It definitely raises eyebrows. But who knows what the plan was? The ticket can always be rejected if those details were intended.

do i have a bug or something i never ever see acr addon maps online?

No one online will host a server using the addon, because BIS wont release the "Lite" content in an official patch. If a server does use the DLC content people try to join, get kicked, then go find some where else to play. Apparently not clever enough to go download the lite content.

BIS probably think there should be no problem for people to figure out how to get the lite content. And there right, but apparently server hosters feel that not enough players can figure out how to get it.

Although, BIS are not helping the cause by not officially announcing the lite content, there should be a sticky on one of the main forum pages explaining how and where you get it. Also if you try to join a server that has ACR and the client does not, it should pop up a useful message about where you can get ACR lite not some "you cannot play or edit this mission beacuse of missing content ACRvehicels.pbo" etc message.

So yeah......not only have I bought the most bugged DLC and content Bis has ever release...I can't even use it online...nice one....

Do us a favor BIS...just include it in a patch already.....boohoo the patch will be 3gb....who cares....not me. Torrents and a bit of patience is all you need.

So yeah......not only have I bought the most bugged DLC and content Bis has ever release...I can't even use it online...nice one....

sad i feel the same :( i even don´t played the sp content already because that lod bug on brystica