Sign in to follow this  
jakerod

Army of the Czech Republic DLC

I got it on steam and it took a bit of coaxing to install properly. Steam downloads an installer (exactly like BAF and PMC) into the DLCSetup folder, but it wouldn't show me when this was actually finished. Once done it executed properly when launching OA. Definitely not as easy as DLC for other titles I own for steam.

First thing I noticed: what's up with the horrendous translations in the briefings? They're quite terrible and look to be copied straight from google translate. Who OK'd those? Please have a look at them BIS.

The Silver Lion campaign, while fun at times, is definitely not on par with the ones from BAF and PMC. The attention to detail just isn't there. The usual scripting weirdness happens once in a while, but some mission setups are plain weird, and the story progression that made the previous DLC more memorable is pretty much gone. I'm getting a rush/test/on the job training vibe from it.

Dog patrol - fun idea and pretty fun to play, but getting stuck with a m4a3 from A2 instead of one of the new ACR models is disappointing. I get that it has a flashlight, but why can't I use NVGs (other daytime missions you get them standard)? Or is that because all the new scoped ACR ones are not NVG compatible? Not that you really need a scope for this mission, plain iron sights do fine for the intended engagement range. All the armed enemies also getting a m4a3 just made it weirder. What happened to all their ak variants you see them using in previous missions? Didn't have flashlights either I suppose. I did like the atmosphere a lot during the mission, kudos for that.

Fireworks - scout area, identify enemy stuff, sit safely while arty bombs the crap out of it. Easy enough, but the only way I got to identify anything is by sitting dead center in the enemy camp after I killed every single bogey (probably a script error, but oh well). Then I had to hoof it back up the hill to engage arty support. Why not send poplar over and secure/c4 the enemy assets instead of dropping a costly barrage on it. Another pet peeve, your spotter doesn't call out distance on your target. I know this is possible from an OA mission. Why not add this? It was fun dropping the enemy patrols with the CZ sniper rifle though.

I did enjoy the War Criminal mission a lot and the pandur patrol one as well. But overall it lacks the polish BIS had been getting better at until now.

Edited by L3TUC3

This is the worst bit of game content I have ever bought. Completely unpolished, unprofessional mess! Horrible translations, game breaking bugs, idiotic scenarios.

I'm beginning to think its a scam. I want my money back BIS!

hi guys

today I bougth this DLC in steam and I did all the things, admin mode, then install, etc etc

but in my list of games this game doent appear, what happened?

when I run OA steam says to me that I need to write the key (serial number) of the game and them the game are going to ask me this key and I have to write it, but the game doent do it

I havent got the shortcut in desktop

And another thing: I installed the DLC and then I unistall the "Lite" DLC, I thougth that it would do byself

thanks

As another sign of shoddy work on BIS behalf, the "DLC" in this case acts more like a mod. You wont get any separate listing or icon like you did with their previous DLC (BAF and PMC). Instead you just have to make sure its selected in the Extensions section of the menu in Operation Arrowhead and select the new campaign. This, along with the bugs and google-translate (incomprehensible) translations makes it seem like they really didn't give a toss at all about this "DLC".

I've learnt my lesson, wont be buying another BIS product for a while.

hi guys

today I bougth this DLC in steam and I did all the things, admin mode, then install, etc etc

but in my list of games this game doent appear, what happened?

when I run OA steam says to me that I need to write the key (serial number) of the game and them the game are going to ask me this key and I have to write it, but the game doent do it

I havent got the shortcut in desktop

And another thing: I installed the DLC and then I unistall the "Lite" DLC, I thougth that it would do byself

thanks

You wont get any separate listing or icon like you did with their previous DLC (BAF and PMC). Instead you just have to make sure its selected in the Extensions section of the menu in Operation Arrowhead and select the new campaign.

To be honest I like this approach much better. BAF and PMC getting their own listing in my steam library made no sense at all. They effectively do nothing but alter the command line options for launching the game slightly. I dislike them cluttering up my list. ACR is listed under the DLC tab for OA which is where BAF and PMC should've been in the first place. It's a step in the right direction.

Anyway, ACR using the extension method is no big deal to me, as I load BAF and PMC the same way through a launcher (it's as simple as ticking a box for me). Once you figure it out how addons/mods work it's pretty simple. Doesn't make it any easier for anyone else not knowing this though.

Maybe BIS should think about creating their own launcher instead of faffing about with symlinks and commandlines? Would make things a lot easier instead of altering their approach of launching/installing on steam for the third time.

and, whats about the serial number message?

when the game are going to ask me to enter the jey?

thanks

I think this has great potential and would be beast if it would have some clans based on it

Is anyone workin on fixing all those bugs? Its been out for two months now and still nothing. Hurry up pls...and fix the unrealistic magnified CCO on BREN!

Is anyone workin on fixing all those bugs? Its been out for two months now and still nothing. Hurry up pls...and fix the unrealistic magnified CCO on BREN!

+1

I dont like the mode that ACR is in STEAM, why is not like BAF or PMC?

what I have to do to unisntall only ACR? I think that now if you want to quit ACR the only way is to uninstall all arma, BUT when you install another time OA, automatically ACR are going to install

another think that I dont like is the screen when you launch OA, asking you if you want to run OA or ACR xDDDD

and, whats about the serial number message?

when the game are going to ask me to enter the jey?

thanks

Don't worry about that, it never actually required me to input the serial and the game works fine.

This is the worst bit of game content I have ever bought. Completely unpolished, unprofessional mess! Horrible translations, game breaking bugs, idiotic scenarios.

I'm beginning to think its a scam. I want my money back BIS!

Its pretty average workmanship... but for $11 its not a rip-off or a scam.

Iron Front (biggest piece of BI backed sh1t ever) on the other hand was a complete rip-off for $30...

... which BI Flat-Out Refuse To Refund which is pretty low (I emailed my refund request within 7 days to be ignored till my forth email).

For me this DLC was worth of money, I was just waiting much more from the missions.

Ps. I think Iron Front is as good as ArmA2 (partly even more advanced), just had some crashing that was mostly fixed in 1.03, but now the russian heads are like glowing pumpkins and seems like there is some issues preventing next patch release which is a massive shame.

I'm afraid this is one case where I have to agree with the detractors: the quality of this DLC was disappointingly low, especially compared to some of the other work BIS have done.

Not that I'm complaining - I've pretty much written it off as a small "donation" - but I can see why those less inclined to throw their money at BIS would be angry about it.

The problem with ACR is that there have still not been a patched released, this long after release. There was a very reasonable explanation for all the briefing language errors, for instance, something about the wrong version being used in the release. Things like that happen, everyone can make mistakes. But when you do, you need to fix it ASAP. Now, we still have complaints about the briefings, like in this review, out yesterday: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/10/03/wot-i-think-army-of-the-czech-republic/

So, is there any explaination of why the most obvious problems have not yet been fixed with a quick patch?

Other than the lack of a quick patch, I still say this DLC is very much worth the price. Look at how much more you have to pay for DLCs for other games, with far less content in them.

Yeah that patch needs to get released so I don't die when I hop out of the MG truck.

The problem with ACR is that there have still not been a patched released, this long after release. There was a very reasonable explanation for all the briefing language errors, for instance, something about the wrong version being used in the release. Things like that happen, everyone can make mistakes. But when you do, you need to fix it ASAP. Now, we still have complaints about the briefings, like in this review, out yesterday: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/10/03/wot-i-think-army-of-the-czech-republic/

So, is there any explaination of why the most obvious problems have not yet been fixed with a quick patch?

Other than the lack of a quick patch, I still say this DLC is very much worth the price. Look at how much more you have to pay for DLCs for other games, with far less content in them.

This !

Where is the patch ? so much time after the release and not a single information.

Seeing how BIS operates there will be no patch until 1.63 since they patch DLCs only together with major patches.

That or BIS can act decently and release the patch for a DLC separately. You have bugs, I can't play it at all because it crashes the driver every 5 minutes.

To be honest I like this approach much better. BAF and PMC getting their own listing in my steam library made no sense at all. They effectively do nothing but alter the command line options for launching the game slightly. I dislike them cluttering up my list. ACR is listed under the DLC tab for OA which is where BAF and PMC should've been in the first place. It's a step in the right direction.

DLCs showing on your library? Wow that's cheap. Are they even trying?

what I have to do to unisntall only ACR? I think that now if you want to quit ACR the only way is to uninstall all arma, BUT when you install another time OA, automatically ACR are going to install.

another think that I dont like is the screen when you launch OA, asking you if you want to run OA or ACR xDDDD

Why would you even want to uninstall a DLC? They are part of the game and don't alter it in any way, except for the extra content.

Seems to me BIS never bothered making things properly for their Steam releases. Every game on Steam with DLCs has its own tab listing them. BAF and ACR are DLCs for OA, why would they list them like independent titles? That's not pragmatic and pointless considering how the game works...

Since I've been tired of all those boxes on my desk for a while now, I thought of buying Arma II and its extensions on Steam. But damn it seems to me BIS made it a pain in the ass to own their games on that service. I'm just gonna wait, maybe one day they'll release a properly patched ArmaII Gold with all the expansions.

Edited by dunedain

i regret buying this since its not used in multiplayer , which is the only way i play arma. cant BI at least add the units to next patch as light edition?

i regret buying this since its not used in multiplayer , which is the only way i play arma. cant BI at least add the units to next patch as light edition?

http://www.arma2.com/index.php?option=com_rokdownloads&view=file&Itemid=20&id=805%3Aa2co-compatibility-mp-patch--acr-lite-〈=en

It wasn't included in a patch because it needs CO, which isn't the standard pack in BIS eyes.

Damn shame, who the heck has just Arrowhead? Ill probably never get to use any of these vehicles online now.

It makes no sense anyway, what actually stops them putting it in the patch? If the patch detects just Arrowhead then don't install it....

The one thing I thought that might save this DLC was using the nice vehicles online. I know a server where they run DLC (BAF PMC) units on their domination server and I asked if they where going to add ACR units and they said no beacuse there was no light version. I told them you could easily download the light version and everyone would be on the same page after a short time. But they said no, basically because people will have to download something extra, they wont add ACR content to their mission.

So you see BIS....it HAS to be forced on to people so we can use it....the free, easy download option is not enough. Don't ask me why..but it isn't.

Add the ACR Light content to the next official patch please! Do at least one thing right with this DLC...

If the DLC requries ArrowHead anyway, why didn't they just release ACR with all the necessary content from A2 for those users? Moreover the patcher detects what kind of installation you have anyway right? Not sure if there are legit reasons not to add ACR lite in future 1.63 patch or they are just being lazy? Seeing the quality of that DLC, I tend to think they just want to be over with ArmaII.

Edited by dunedain

Why don't you make a mission that use those units? It is not that hard :)

It is the way I do it when I want to use those ACR guys.