Sign in to follow this  
jakerod

Army of the Czech Republic DLC

will just open the big Arma X: Anniversary edition and will reinstall it.

Make your life easy and install all the products to C:\CO (not C:\CO\ArmA2 or C:\CO\Bohemia Interactive... but simply C:\CO for everything). It'll make starting the game and using mods so much easier. :)

I just downloaded ACR LITE from both GB and US mirrors, and the MD5 checksum is correct for both of them.

Try to download it again.

I just downloaded ACR LITE from both GB and US mirrors, and the MD5 checksum is correct for both of them.

Try to download it again.

Thanks. I just downloaded again, this time from the GB & US mirrors. I got the same 9d76cb5d47186aca0554001014067a30 MD5sum.

Bah! I just tested the extracted exes & got the correct MD5 result. Grrr, why the hell does BIS publish MD5 values for some downloads for the zips, & at least for this download that for an extracted file? Without even a comment on the website or mirror pages.... That is seriously dumb IMNSHO.

400MB of my limited monthly bandwidth wasted.

If the patch goes wrong for any reason, or if you want to try an RC version & find problems, rolling back is simply a case of deleting the BIS files & directories in the game folder then copying back the originals. Don't use copy plus overwrite to restore, in case there were additional files in the patch (or whatever) that might cause problems.
I thought this was a nice idea, and backed up to a external drive. I backed up the BohemiaInteractive files from Program Files and Program Files(x86). Is this a proper way of doing it?

Also once i installed ACR, I had some shortcuts that had -mod=.... , they don't run the game with ACR ?? The unmodded shorcut starts ARC fine, but even when i use the expansion and restart no mods??

Edited by PlacidPaul

Also once i installed ACR, I had some shortcuts that had -mod=.... , they don't run the game with ACR ?? The unmodded shorcut starts ARC fine, but even when i use the expansion and restart no mods??

Yeah ACR is strange. If you're gonna use any mods, you need to load ACR as a mod. If you're not using mods (just default games and DLC) then you don't. So... always load ACR as a mod.

-mod=ACR

I must be doing something wrong. I've downloaded the ACR setup, but every time I extract the contents, I get the error message: Error during execution "setup.exe". Access is denied.

Which is followed by my antivirus program going off saying it's detected win32/heur in the files. Any ideas?

Edited by OnlyRazor

(i often wonder if the people are becoming more and more stupid over time... When i remember what we had to do just to make some games work in the old times... making bootfloppies, fiddling with config.sys and autoexec.bat, ramdisks ...and todays the people cant even find a patch or addon??? even though they can google up everything, find dozens of tutorials, howtos and what not. Isn't it strange?)

It's called evolution. I drive a car, but i sure don't know how to build it, although, a long time ago, the guy who invented it, knew how to build it (and others of the so called illuminati).

I must be doing something wrong. I've downloaded the ACR setup, but every time I extract the contents, I get the error message: Error during execution "setup.exe". Access is denied.

Which is followed by my antivirus program going off saying it's detected win32/heur in the files. Any ideas?

Happened here many times. It's false alarm (you're using AVG, aren't you). Disable it (or just resident shield), finish the instalation and enable it again. You will probably receive another warning from the TEMP/Setup.exe so just delete it there and it's done.

I thought this was a nice idea, and backed up to a external drive. I backed up the BohemiaInteractive files from Program Files and Program Files(x86). Is this a proper way of doing it?

Not sure from your post. The files you need to back up are all the BIS files in your Arma, OA, or CO directory (depending on which games you have installed). I use XP Pro & don't have a "Program Files(x86)" directory so I guess that's a Win7 or Vista directory. Surely, if there are BIS game files in there, they would need backing up.

Happened here many times. It's false alarm (you're using AVG, aren't you). Disable it (or just resident shield), finish the instalation and enable it again. You will probably receive another warning from the TEMP/Setup.exe so just delete it there and it's done.

I kind of expected it to be AVG. Well, that worked. Cheers for the help.

Yeah ACR is strange. If you're gonna use any mods, you need to load ACR as a mod. If you're not using mods (just default games and DLC) then you don't. So... always load ACR as a mod.

-mod=ACR

Are you suggesting that ACR can mess up other mods? Or just that running mods will mess up ACR?

And how does one run (the Lite version of) ACR as a mod using SixUpdater?

And how does one run (the Lite version of) ACR as a mod using SixUpdater?

I have Steam ArmA and ACR Lite, I don't have ACR listed as a mod and it runs just fine with Six.

really hoping for ACR lite minus maps ( which are very forgettable ) to be included in 1.63

Lol, something funny... I told my self that today I will reinstall the whole game to remove ACR Lite - guess what, It's not needed in the Control Panel there is option to remove only the ACR Lite version. Bohemia Interactive thanks for this good news.

To upload ACR lite to a server I installed it after I already had installed ACR full. ACR full installs a new folder "ACR" in your Arma 2 directory (as do BAF and PMC), which has to be loaded as a mod if you load any other mods. ACR lite is installed to the folder "common" (again same as BAF lite and PMC lite) and does not need to be activated.

really hoping for ACR lite minus maps ( which are very forgettable ) to be included in 1.63

Thats technicaly not possible. ACR need both Arma2 and Arrowhead data. Lite data cannot be included in Arrowhead patch. You have to download ACR LITE data separately.

I love the re-introduction of the "driving crosshairs" in the vehicles, helps driving by mouse. However, THE AI IS TERRIBLE!. I've ragequitted three times now and I'm at the second campaign mission. In the first mission my units clutter together, don't move after disembarking, and in the second mission, AI driving is very poor.

*enemies come into sight, I open fire*

*Driver rams a tree, stopping a multi-ton APC dead in it's tracks*

*missile impacts*

"FORWARD! OVER THAT DAMN THING!"

*second missile impacts*

"REVERSE, REVERSE! get out of here!!"

*driver backs away like he's parallel parking between two Ferrari's

*third missile impact, end.*

(ffffuuuu!!)

Also, I noticed you can ram over trees with the 8X8 in the second mission, without the gun taking damage. A minor something to consider for ArmA 3?

I love the re-introduction of the "driving crosshairs" in the vehicles, helps driving by mouse.

I absolutely hate that system. If your mouse sensitivity is low enough that it takes you 10 hours to turn from left to right it might be OK, but in order to be effective in combat mine is high enough that trying to drive with the "I point to make go the car instead of turning the wheel! Derp!" system means any slight movement ends up being a full wrench of the steering wheel in that direction. I turned that nonsense off right away. :)

Also, I noticed you can ram over trees with the 8X8 in the second mission, without the gun taking damage. A minor something to consider for ArmA 3?

I have noticed that wheeled vehicles in general seem to take a lot less damage from crashing. The Stryker MGS, which was previously very prone to spontaneous combustion upon contact with anything, now seems to take a lot more abuse. I spent a few minutes ramming it into walls, rocks and trees and didn't loose any wheels. Anyone else notice this?

----------------------------------------------

In the first mission I did have that thing where one of the AI suddenly decides to not follow any order after giving the disembark command, had to run him over with the Landrover. "where are you?" ---- DIE!!!!!!

Sorry, more specificly: You can batter down trees with the 8X8's mounted weapon without it taking damage!

I was getting pulled to the right time after time when driving trough a forest. when switching to third person, I noticed the barrel pointed to the right-hand side. khehehe

No need to, just click on Mods then check Local Mods at the bottom (the little window) find ACR and Add it. The whole @ModName is just a community standard, you could name the mod folder basically anything and it would still load.

Odd... that's EXACTLY what I did. Suppose I could have mentioned that.

I assume that the OA exe just has the "hook" for PMC and BAF built in. ACR needs to be forced.

Oh, DAyZ becomes a rebuild Chernarus.....Arma 2/OA CO Players only get some minor parts of the old one.hmmm :(

I hope we get the map for free or as a better DLC as the last one.. :)

Oh, DAyZ becomes a rebuild Chernarus.....Arma 2/OA CO Players only get some minor parts of the old one.hmmm :(

I hope we get the map for free or as a better DLC as the last one.. :)

.... and has DayZ become a rebuild Chernarus or is it sometime off in the future?