Sign in to follow this  
jakerod

Army of the Czech Republic DLC

I find hints during loading nice addition, however I think hints should be more about how to use the game instead of "move from cover to cover". For example "you can set aiming deadzone and headbob in options menu". Hints like this could help new players a lot. These kind of hints should be part of new patch as well, not just ACR.

I think the greatest problem for new players is tactics, and how to stay alive. The settings and other similar things are already in the manual, there's no need to repeat them.

Maybe but from my experience new guys always asking how to set/use this and that. There isnt that much to tactics. Game as any other, except its mostly one shot kill and that applies to everyone, not just the player. Anyone who played hardcore in casual games can get down with that. Usually when you play a new game, you have to get used to actually detecting enemies. What to look for in environment. Once you do, you are pretty much good to go.

Hi guys,

all in all, I completely agree that the DLC, in current version, is great for mission makers (as the units and euipment are great) but "new" maps a missions just aren't on the level we're used to. I think there are lots of people who plan to make some missions or even campaings with ACR to show the full potential of the DLC (including me of course), but in my opinion there could be more versions of vehicles and weapons to enlarge the amount of mission types and players' role in them.

For example using the L-159 Alca in mission means destroying four vehicles, one or two choppers or planes and you are just left with the cannon. A10, Su25 or Su-34 have a wider variety of weapons on wider variety of enemies. As for Alca, I'd be glad to have version with S-8 rockets and one with LGBs. Or more variants of CZ 805 with diffrent optics and either flashlight or laser. I hope I'm not alone with this opinion and since BIS are now working on ArmA 3 (and hopefully on some patches for ArmA 2), I'm not asking for completely new models (like adding Challenger or Eurofighter for BAF) but mixing existing models. If there are more people with this opinion, then I'll make thread in Suggestions. Well in general this can be applied on all three DLCs, but we'll see.

And just to have the class list complete, the RBS 70 bag is "RBS70_Bag_ACR".

(like adding Challenger or Eurofighter for BAF)

Of course ‘Challenger & C2 exist for baf, plus eurofighter for the RAF, all in mod form..

Trouble’s Challenger 2 pack

&

RKSL

:)

Yes, I think that motivated people WILL make a good campaign and/or SP missions with this DLC.

I won't, but some people WILL.

Edited by Wiki

I was smashing the BVP-1 last night. Seems there are a great many bugs with it. Including its cannon having no HE effect therefore not damaging anything haha.

I have put them up on the tracker, if anyone else can find any more errors or bugs. Get them up there!

Could anyone port the "Shooting Range" SP mission into a COOP mission? it is really a good sample for shooting contest with friends.

Could anyone port the "Shooting Range" SP mission into a COOP mission? it is really a good sample for shooting contest with friends.

Yeah, that's really cool. Still trying to figure out the code to make it work. :) Really wish they'd release free missions with all the new DLC stuff they add instead of making us lie, cheat and steal in the dark to try to figure out how to use new editor features.

Yeah I'm disappointed that the missions pbo can't be opened. Even though the BAF and PMC missions couldn't be opened in the editor, you could still look at the scripts used, which I found useful to look at.

PLS make the light version part of next patch....

I have just pulled mission using this dlc off my server as 90% of clients

getting disconnected due not having light version installed. If not automaticly

installed major part of peps just dont get it installed - sad but true.

Dorph;2203665']PLS make the light version part of next patch....

I have just pulled mission using this dlc off my server as 90% of clients

getting disconnected due not having light version installed. If not automaticly

installed major part of peps just dont get it installed - sad but true.

It's available as a free download, if people aren't smart enough to install it to play on a server using missions from it, then it's kind of their problem. The decision was made to split it out because of the size of the islands, to prevent the 1.62 patch from being monstrously huge.

It's available as a free download, if people aren't smart enough to install it to play on a server using missions from it, then it's kind of their problem. The decision was made to split it out because of the size of the islands, to prevent the 1.62 patch from being monstrously huge.

1.62 = 52mb

ACR Lite = 107mb

1.60 = 700mb

:j:

Steam version is always BIG, so that wasn't the best decision IMO.

Hi guys,

For example using the L-159 Alca in mission means destroying four vehicles, one or two choppers or planes and you are just left with the cannon. A10, Su25 or Su-34 have a wider variety of weapons on wider variety of enemies. As for Alca, I'd be glad to have version with S-8 rockets and one with LGBs.

I was looking for more versions of the Alca as well. Ground attack version with GBUs and CRV-7s at least. That one would make more sense for the mission where it is used.

1.62 = 52mb

ACR Lite = 107mb

1.60 = 700mb

:j:

Steam version is always BIG, so that wasn't the best decision IMO.

*shrug* That is what the devs said, I dunno what to tell you.

You are wrong - its not their problem only - its the whole multiplayer community that suffers when all have different versions that arnt compatible.

And compatible isnt that the whole point with a light version ??

The main decision not to include the LITE version in a patch was because it was not possible to check for what exactly is installed in case of game downloaded from steam - the patch would install the LITE data even if the user had no Arma 2, which would cause problems since the ACR (even the LITE) needs both OA and Arma 2.

(i often wonder if the people are becoming more and more stupid over time... When i remember what we had to do just to make some games work in the old times... making bootfloppies, fiddling with config.sys and autoexec.bat, ramdisks ...and todays the people cant even find a patch or addon??? even though they can google up everything, find dozens of tutorials, howtos and what not. Isn't it strange?)

Edited by 5133p39

I was looking for more versions of the Alca as well. Ground attack version with GBUs and CRV-7s at least. That one would make more sense for the mission where it is used.

The S-5 launcher doesn't appear on the pylons correctly, but this in the init field will get you an Alca with 6x GBU-12s and the cannon:

this removeMagazinesTurret ["4Rnd_Maverick_L159",[-1]];
this removeMagazinesTurret ["2Rnd_Sidewinder_AH1Z",[-1]];
this addMagazineTurret ["6Rnd_GBU12_AV8B",[-1]];
this addWeapon "BombLauncher";
this removeWeapon "MaverickLauncher_ACR";
this removeWeapon "SidewinderLaucher_AH1Z";

I have been trying to download the ACR Lite, but consistently (3/3) get an MD5sum of 9d76cb5d47186aca0554001014067a30 which is, obviously, different to the one on the download page.

If it was inconsistent I would ascribe it to corruption, but seemingly it is not. 7zip reports that the file has no errors.

So: is the published MD5 incorrect? Has the file been changed since the MD5 was posted, either by BIS or :eek: by someone else?

Not inspired to install ACR Lite until this is resolved.

Hello, I have a question. I don't know does anyone asked already but I don't have the time to read the whole thread for answer.

What will happen if I install ACR (Full) on the computer if I have already installed ACR Lite version? Will it remove the ACR Lite or repair it to full or I have to reinstall the whole ARMA2:CO + ARMA2:RFT with the patches to install the ACR Full.

What will happen if I install ACR (Full) on the computer if I have already installed ACR Lite version? Will it remove the ACR Lite or repair it to full or I have to reinstall the whole ARMA2:CO + ARMA2:RFT with the patches to install the ACR Full.

This is why you should pre-order very BIS product, just so you avoid having to find these things out. :)

To be safe I'd probably just delete the ACR folder and then install the full version, but I haven't tested this since I pre-order every BIS product. heh

I have been trying to download the ACR Lite, but consistently (3/3) get an MD5sum of 9d76cb5d47186aca0554001014067a30 which is, obviously, different to the one on the download page.

If it was inconsistent I would ascribe it to corruption, but seemingly it is not. 7zip reports that the file has no errors.

So: is the published MD5 incorrect? Has the file been changed since the MD5 was posted, either by BIS or :eek: by someone else?

Not inspired to install ACR Lite until this is resolved.

I just downloaded ACR LITE from both GB and US mirrors, and the MD5 checksum is correct for both of them.

Try to download it again.

@Antrix: Whenever a new patch, etc., is released it is a wise precaution to back up the game first. Copy all the BIS files (no need to backup user-made content like addons/mods, & user-made missions or campaigns) to another partition if possible, or another directory if not. If space is tight, there are plenty of good, free utilities like DriveImage XML which will copy & compress your whole drive to DVDs and allow content to be extracted subsequently.

If the patch goes wrong for any reason, or if you want to try an RC version & find problems, rolling back is simply a case of deleting the BIS files & directories in the game folder then copying back the originals. Don't use copy plus overwrite to restore, in case there were additional files in the patch (or whatever) that might cause problems.

Thank you guys, so... will just open the big Arma X: Anniversary edition and will reinstall it. I don't have any saved missions, campaigns and etc. on my accounts because I deleted them after I finished the games - strange but dunno why, maybe because I mainly use the editor for testing machines, units and scripts. :D Thanks again.