Sign in to follow this  
jakerod

Army of the Czech Republic DLC

Id like to start doing some config changes to the ACR stuff. How are people dePBOing the new files? Or lacking that will the configs get on six browser?

You can get most of the code from the missions_acr.pbo by just opening the .pbo with notepad ++ or similar text editor. I didn't have any luck with the other ones that I tried. Obviously because they didn't contain simple text like the missions did.

-Craig

A lot of you guys are setting yourselves up for huge disappointment if your expecting the storyline immersion feel that the original OFP gave. Kinda reminds me of the first time seeing the "The Matrix" in theatre -I was wowed by the effects AND original storyline. Then came Matrix 2 & 3 and by then if I never see another glossy spandex parkour gun ballet pseudo psychobabble flick again -it'll be too soon. Terminator...don't even get me started..

Point is -its over. :popup:

They can always do Resistance/BAF type campaign with secondary objectives and freedom - like the 3rd BAF mission.

BAF didn't have any story like OFP but because next mission began with what people and weapons you had left at the end of a previous one there was a sense of continuity.

What would be the point of selling a DLC if one person buys it and then just redistributes the full resolution textures? That's why the PBOs are protected.

Just open everything else but textures then?

After 2 years when DLCs are not at their peak of sales anymore that would be the right thing to do.

Edited by metalcraze

The lite version contains every but the mission.sqm. Should be enough for almost anything with modding.

I have to admit my only gripe with ACR up to now are the War criminal mission with the frustrating "AI won't follow" thing, and the briefing text. Honestly, the English used in the briefings is NOT up to BIS's usual standard.

Apart from that, a few minor niggles, but overall, it's worth it's money (IMHO, every DLC up to now has been worth it's money, even if I was a bit miffed at the PMC campaign in teh beginning). For 10 Euro, it's about what you pay for a visit to the cinema.

And while we're at it: BIS, I'd pay another 10 Euro for a decent OPFOR DLC for once

And I would pay for an updated BAF support pack:cool:

http://www.army.mod.uk/equipment/equipment.aspx

There's a whole bunch of stuff to choose from... please:)

Hi,

Sorry for that stupid question, but I don't understand if this DLC is available or not? I didn't see any official anouncement except the Lite version that came with the last patch...

And, second question: will this DLC be available with all usual languages? (French :) ?)

Thanks for your answers guys.

The first signs work was underway were from AAN site with datestamp 21 September 2010, which makes the rushed feel and sloppy finish all the more surprising.

Regards,

Sander

Karel Moricky's (Gaia) blog also states he worked on ACR in 2010, prior to working on PMC. I wonder why ACR's release was so delayed?

Sorry for that stupid question, but I don't understand if this DLC is available or not?

ACR was released last week.

Edited by ceeeb

Hi,

Sorry for that stupid question, but I don't understand if this DLC is available or not? I didn't see any official anouncement except the Lite version that came with the last patch...

And, second question: will this DLC be available with all usual languages? (French :) ?)

Thanks for your answers guys.

Thats a Yes DLC

https://store.bistudio.com/arma2-army-of-the-czech-republic

yes OMAC, but in harvest Red, there were 3 missions in the campaign which were warfare mode - that ruined completely the mission as IMO I think the warfare mod is NOT for SP.

and operation Manhattan was quite boring - "take a vehicle, your team, and seek for 1 guy in the entire map"...

I prefered the very first mission, and the taking of electro.

I think it should have been the same for the whole campaign, would have been much more immersive and we could have felt a kind of bond with the characters.

Well, I didn't find Manhattan boring; I liked its complex, epic nature, choices to be made, dialogs, and plot. But otherwise I agree with you. The taking of Pusta in Into The Storm was truly awesome and set the stage for all to come. One of the best missions ever. Lots of love was put into ArmA 2. Procedurally-generated missions tend to sacrifice love on the altar of expediency.

92c401166094341.jpg

BTW, the mission continuity between Wind Storm and Dum Spiro Spero is very cool.... Thumbs-up! :)

Edited by OMAC

"Deploy across 15 new missions in the singleplayer campaign, scenarios and procedural template gameplay modes"

Dammit I read this as a 15 mission campaign, not 15 total new missions. :( The end of the campaign was a let down. You guys really need to make missions more in depth. There's so many awesome things this game is capable of and you guys never really seem to use all that stuff in missions.

Hi,

OK I bought it and I have my answer: no.

First feedback: first mission is boring... And where are the cutscenes ? It's not a campaign, just a few more missions.

Edited by Gemini

The first signs work was underway were from AAN site with datestamp 21 September 2010, which makes the rushed feel and sloppy finish all the more surprising.

Regards,

Sander

I had forgotten all about these AAN postings. They did add alot of atmosphere to ARMA in between releases, seems like they kind of abandoned the idea of Bystrica being a part of Chernarus though...

I'm pretty sure most of the bugs will eventually get fixed with ACR DLC. I think we're gonna have to wait for a community member to make a decent campaign and missions though :( But in all honesty, Zipper 5's two campaign's were better than Harvest Red or Operation Arrowhead IMHO, I think I saw that he's working on ARMA III stuff now though so who knows..

I had forgotten all about these AAN postings. They did add alot of atmosphere to ARMA in between releases, seems like they kind of abandoned the idea of Bystrica being a part of Chernarus though...

I'm pretty sure most of the bugs will eventually get fixed with ACR DLC. I think we're gonna have to wait for a community member to make a decent campaign and missions though :( But in all honesty, Zipper 5's two campaign's were better than Harvest Red or Operation Arrowhead IMHO, I think I saw that he's working on ARMA III stuff now though so who knows..

I honestly hope King Nothing gets signed on the help with A3 campaign - Forgotten Few had the most immersive story within the limitations of Arma 2. Im still playing this campaign over and over, and this one only because it is just so polished and well done that I cant find any other missions/campaigns like it.

I would rather praise The Forgotten few for its Mission Design than for its story. The story is good, the cutscenes are perfect but that is it. If you want to see an outstanding story then go and play For the life of a friend. That is excellent story telling. Operation Cobalt was a good campaign, on par with Harvest Red if they wouldn't have ruined with the warfare stuff (The campaign was quite good up to the point where warfare started. Well depending on how you play it, the warfare Missions can be quite fun too. Manhattan jusr blew me away. The Mission was ao fresh and unusuall. Some really nice force recon objectives. Stay tuned, I'm preparing a Harvest Red extended compilation) Blood on the sand was even better than Operation Cobalt. I'm quite sure that Zipper will have something very nice for us in A3

King Nothing works for RHS now. BIS cant have him!

Regards,

Sander

That's my impression of it - that it was really planned two years ago, to be a fresh DLC for A2OA, but plans probably changed (see "missing" Czech missions in A2OA, inclusion of Czech soldiers but no missions for them, and few other MP missions in OA mentioned in release PR but missing until 1.61 or so). So it's quite possible as priorities shifted to ToH and A3, the ACR DLC just got released quietly to keep us interested when A3 itself and accompanied community alpha had been postponed a lot. Quite possibly released with suboptimal testing, as most (if not all) content might have been already finished from two years ago...

But that is only speculation.

I quite enjoyed the DLC, would have welcomed if the missions had a bit more story coherence (at least BAF style), as to me the missions look more like ACR showcase (Pandur mission, Mi24 mission, L159 mission) than a focused story, but all in all I liked it (and will more once it is at v1.1...)

I think it would be nice if you guys made the missions in the campaign into COOP ones since all of them have the capacity to be interesting.

War Criminal: Entire team is playable.

Patrol: Entire team is playable.

Man's Best Friend: The two guys are playable... maybe even the dog if you can figure out some kind of scent type thing so a third player could track guys from the dogs point of view.

Fireworks: Sniper and Spotter are playable.

Wind Storm: Pilot and Gunner are playable and maybe even the Mi-17 crew.

Dum Spiro Spero: Entire team is playable.

Thunderstorm: The two pilots are playable.

There Will Be Flood: Boat driver is playable along with the helicopter pilot who is trying to locate the people on the roof for the boat driver.

Just an idea that I thought might get you a few more downloads and add some more fun for those who already bought it. It may require there to be more enemies for the players in some missions and I understand that the missions may not be set-up code wise to work as a coop and that that is probably the biggest issue that may lead to it not being done. That and lack of manpower to do it.

Agreed, damn shame they are not coop. The first mission would be great coop with 2 -3 players.

Haven't played A2 in a long time and when playing this ACR campaign I just had to facepalm; seriously, we're now at 1.62 and tree leaves still block all kinds of ammo.. FFS...

It's so awesome to be under enemy fire, getting rammed by RPGs and your cannon fire is blocked by a birch branch... FPDR FPDR

Liking this DLC though although the campaign is a bit weird as it doesn't seem to have any kind of story really.

Terrains are nice, and it's glee finally to be able to up the graphics settings without getting 3 FPS slideshow. :p

Does anyone know the Class names for the ACR DLC weapons? trying to use them (Personally) in editor.......

Does anyone know the Class names for the ACR DLC weapons? trying to use them (Personally) in editor.......

Search is your friend. Here's the list. Pretty sure there are CZ ammo boxes too you can just place down.

Thanx Kylania I tried search a few times and came up empty........