Sign in to follow this  
jakerod

Army of the Czech Republic DLC

There's no need for a Mod launcher anymore. You control the MOD's from your expansion menu You can enable and disable the MOds from there.

I agree with your post in general but on a somewhat unrelated note, I would argue that mod launchers are very necessary for those of us who use a lot of mods and different combinations of mods. Not everyone wants to have to manually select every mod they want to use and then (this is the kicker) restart the game every time.

Hey, what's up with the DRM? A friend of mine installed ACR on his gaming machine and DRM prevented him from moving it to his dedicated server. His server's copy of ArmA has a different CD key.

Edited by RangerPL

I agree with your post in general but on a somewhat unrelated note, I would argue that mod launchers are very necessary for those of us who use a lot of mods and different combinations of mods. Not everyone wants to have to manually select every mod they want to use and then (this is the kicker) restart the game every time.

Not to mention the fact that mod launchers such as Six Updater manage inter-mod dependencies so you don't have to remember which mods use CBA, which mods need ACE (and therefore need CBA). For this alone Sickboy should be Knighted - I am sure we can overcome the constitutional problem of him being Dutch and all!

All I had to do in Six Updater was add ACR to the launch profile and it will 'remember' this so I don't have to remember to add it to every preset. Six is happy, Arma2 is happy and I am happy driving around and sinking to the bottom of a lake in my amphibious craft - must have a word with my auto-dealer about that!

There's no need for a Mod launcher anymore. You control the MOD's from your expansion menu You can enable and disable the MOds from there.

No you can't. You can look at mods you have enabled, that's really about it. If you change one you have to restart your whole client, which is a pain in the butt having to start the client, change mods, restart if you wanted to switch from ACE to no ACE or something similar.

It's great for people with no clue about mods or someone who never changes their mods, but not for anyone that uses many mods or many combos of mods. Launchers are infinitely better than that menu option. Six Updater goes a step further and keeps your mods updated.

Till I can control - without restarting my game client - my expansions from that little Menu it's going to remain an unclicked button taking up menu space.

the CZ75 phantom silenced pistol has bad shot sound i think. it doesnt look like silenced pistol , but something more like CZ75 with very bad sampling quality.

i have try method for bis support for my problem

"missing string"

delete sprocket delete dlc and downloading but i have the same error

"missing string" box when i run acr setup.exe

i have try compatibity mod administrator same problem i think is a problme with drm or other?

i have baf carriere command with sprocket no problem i don't understand

Hey, what's up with the DRM? A friend of mine installed ACR on his gaming machine and DRM prevented him from moving it to his dedicated server. His server's copy of ArmA has a different CD key.

I think you need only ACR lite for server.

And there is something different with this DLC, if I have a mod line I have to load ACR too. It's notthe same as the BAF and PMC DLCs, these load automatically.

I think you need only ACR lite for server.

Well the issue is that BIS have never included such DRM in their releases - ACR is locked down with Solidshield, the infamous software used by Ubisoft.

This is very weird and un-BIS-like. It's worrying.

Got the LITE version, so far my feelings are mixed at the best. To be honest before I've took a preview of the LITE, I wanted to get this DLC ASAP, but after the first impressions, I think I'll wait until I'll have some surplus pocket money.

Positive sides are the new equipment, some unique (BREN 805, Scorpion EVO, CZ75), some nicely re-touched (L-159, modernised T-72).

"Neutral" is that the expansion itself is in reality "just" an expansion of an already existing faction, and no real new faction is present, as I expected to be the case.

The letdowns are the "new" maps, which turned out to be only some cut-outs from existing bigger maps - indeed a map is simply called "Takistan (cut-out)". The other two are nothing more but areas of Chernarus, with new summer trees and with some buildings replaced to have a more "country"-likelooks to it (Bystrica is Chernogorsk-Elektrozavodsk-Novy Sobor-Stary Sobor" area, Bukovina is the airport with Vybor). The road system, building layouts are 99% the same so far, even the settlements' names on the tables at the city limits still the old ones (Elektrozavodsk, Chernokorgsk, Pusta....)

I won't condemn the makers, it seems that developing A3 is a much higher priority at BI studio right now than making another DLC for a (soon) run-out title. But I just really hoped we could get to now a new side of Chernarus, not just a recycled map. End of complaints.

No you can't. You can look at mods you have enabled, that's really about it. If you change one you have to restart your whole client, which is a pain in the butt having to start the client, change mods, restart if you wanted to switch from ACE to no ACE or something similar.

It's great for people with no clue about mods or someone who never changes their mods, but not for anyone that uses many mods or many combos of mods. Launchers are infinitely better than that menu option. Six Updater goes a step further and keeps your mods updated.

Till I can control - without restarting my game client - my expansions from that little Menu it's going to remain an unclicked button taking up menu space.

I agree with you . . . haven't thought about the MP side of it and well yeah six updater might be best.

BI, you should make the cut out islands, ALICE comptatible. i play the campaign , but map feeling is "emptyness"

I've got the rest on Steam so I'd prefer to have it all in one place. And I've used the Arma II Launcher and I've come to the conclusion that I don't like it, I prefer good old fashioned commandline modification.

Errr... wut? you'd rather open up the shortcut, go through and manually add/subtract mods by typing, rather than just hitting up the launcher and clicking to select/deselect mods? Talk about doen shizzle the hard way.

---------- Post added at 08:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 AM ----------

Not to mention the fact that mod launchers such as Six Updater manage inter-mod dependencies so you don't have to remember which mods use CBA, which mods need ACE (and therefore need CBA). For this alone Sickboy should be Knighted - I am sure we can overcome the constitutional problem of him being Dutch and all!

All I had to do in Six Updater was add ACR to the launch profile and it will 'remember' this so I don't have to remember to add it to every preset. Six is happy, Arma2 is happy and I am happy driving around and sinking to the bottom of a lake in my amphibious craft - must have a word with my auto-dealer about that!

Once mod makers get their shizzle sorted out that is. There are certain server-side only mods that should not be run client side, hence using Six as a launcher isn't always a good option. I'll always use Six for updating, but Alpinstars is my only go-to for launching Arma. If it takes you longer than 30s to launch Arma then you should be considering upgrading to an SSD (that wasn't aimed at you Jedra, just "I hate mod launchers in general" types). The performance gain alone you'll find not just with loading Arma, but loading textures while playing is more than worth the investment.

And seriously, why the hell would you play without ACE? Vanilla is just rubbish.

Dan;2198689']Can we have the L39's back seat accessable so I can take someone in the back with me? (the second seat is in there' date=' and the canopy opens seperately too)[/quote']

Yes, it would be excellent for super high speed special forces insertions. Zoom in, pilot inverts plane at 3 feet, bail out, safely land on feet :p

And seriously, why the hell would you play without ACE? Vanilla is just rubbish.

I love ACE, but it's got its own set of issues on top of vanilla issues...

Teah what's up with no ALICE in ACR? Is it coming in a patch or something? It's just not the same playing or making missions with out it. For me at least.

ALICE is very important indeed. Question: Did they at least define city centers in the new terrains?

Been playing the new DLC for a few hours. I'm enjoying it. I am disappointed at the fact that the new regions, which are even being advertised as new regions, are actually just the northwestern airfield cut out from Chernarus, and modified, and the southern coast of Chernarus, heavily modified. Maybe I missed where they said they were going to do this, but it troubles me...

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/920110421092540839/91645EA69A1F9A44535CE2509C537B5BEB1D9046/

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/920110421092579200/E01EDD404CAECC6A2CA5DFB9E8A2400564CC1E57/

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/920110421092540165/DC599E0EE6212026BE780FB89FBF4D4746379C76/

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/920110421092578778/9F976A4F3EC34C959F68CAE81CD6750A289D99A5/

Is it how Chernarus was originally supposed to be? Hardly makes sense to me considering there is now a small forest where the Chernogorsk factory should be and there is no longer an ocean. Only a river. Maybe someone can explain this to me. :)

Also, I don't think this is intentional...

PS: Hi Craig! -Ronnie

Edited by Insinfier

ALICE is very important indeed. Question: Did they at least define city centers in the new terrains?

They didn't even define names (as in bothered to copy them from Chernarus). Everything in this paid-for mod is horribly unfinished.

Okay, did some testing.

The takistan cut-out does have City Center's defined on the map, while the two chernarus maps do not have defined City Centers.

Not good for dynamic missions...

Okay, did some testing.

The takistan cut-out does have City Center's defined on the map, while the two chernarus maps do not have defined City Centers.

Not good for dynamic missions...

This is sad news... </3

Been playing the first mission, and is it me, or is the A.I almost dead on accurate with their accuracy....

But the thing that is ruining it for me, is the damn A.I that STILL can see through trees,bush and grass. Is it that hard to fix it? In Dayz they managed this.

Started on the campaign and I have to echo pretty much everyone else...pretty disappointed :( There is absolutely no immersion whatsoever...no reasoning about why your there ..etc plus the fact that the maps are just cutouts of Chernarus. The actual unit and vehicle content for the Czech Republic is nice but that's about it so far. Also the OPFOR for the campaign is NAPA!?!?...This definitely seemed rushed. BAF was great, PMC was ok...this is ...meh.

But the thing that is ruining it for me, is the damn A.I that STILL can see through trees,bush and grass.

No they don't. ArmA just has AI, unlike DayZ.

Been playing the first mission, and is it me, or is the A.I almost dead on accurate with their accuracy....

But the thing that is ruining it for me, is the damn A.I that STILL can see through trees,bush and grass. Is it that hard to fix it? In Dayz they managed this.

I'm fairly sure that the AI is heavily scripted in DayZ. For example, zombies don't seem to notice me running around in the open 200m away like soldiers do. The only reason it seems like zombies can't see you through the grass is because if you've gone prone, they will only detect you in a certain radius (or so it seems to me) which includes them not seeing you from 15m away in grass that is 3 inches high.

Started on the campaign and I have to echo pretty much everyone else...pretty disappointed :( There is absolutely no immersion whatsoever...no reasoning about why your there ..etc plus the fact that the maps are just cutouts of Chernarus. The actual unit and vehicle content for the Czech Republic is nice but that's about it so far. Also the OPFOR for the campaign is NAPA!?!?...This definitely seemed rushed. BAF was great, PMC was ok...this is ...meh.

The enemy isn't NAPA. The same models are used but they aren't NAPA. There are also insurgent models used I believe.

No they don't.

Yes they do quit often. They can also see through some areas of buildings.

Then there are the occasional ones with semi-automatic RPG's.