Sign in to follow this  
jakerod

Army of the Czech Republic DLC

I've finished campaign within 4-5 hours, nice score.

Pros:

+ new vehicles are quite nice

+ weapons, sounds and soldier models & camo

+ mission with dog ;)

+ Some nice landscapes on new Chernarus (Bystrica)

Cons:

- campiagn is rather boring and joyless, no plot, no story, it's only ACR showcase based on sandbox (it's Manhattan mission from A2 but with "seek and destroy" objectives)

- poor SP missions (shooting range is ok, but I would like to see some night spec ops scenarios)

- new maps are only cutouts from Chernarus with few changes and summer setting (one is small and almost unplayable).

Because the price is almost 10 Euro, I think the product is mediocre. Still better than horse armor from Oblivion.

I love BIS for giving us LITE versions of their DLC.

I bought PMC and BAF, I'll also buy this.

I wouldn't of bought either if I wouldn't of got the LITE stuff to play with first.

Can we have the L39's back seat accessable so I can take someone in the back with me? (the second seat is in there, and the canopy opens seperately too)

I was not that impressed overall with this DLC and will consider my purchase as a donation to BIS just as I did with the other DLC. I didn't finish the campaigns in them and I know I won't complete this one either. I wouldn't call it a money grab like EA, thats only because I like BIS. This is kinda like I feel when I buy Girl Scout Cookies.

Why are there no town names and with that no option to have civilian life;-(?

When will this be out on Steam? Looking forward to it!

Why are there no town names and with that no option to have civilian life;-(?

From a mission maker's perspective, not having town names is a good thing. Means you can call them what you want, and say the area is almost anywhere you want.

Just checked it out, those new armored units look amazing. I only checked one of the new maps, other than being small compared to chernarus everything is looking good. The firing range is neat, although why they have seemed to limit your choice of firearms seems like a odd choice.

From a mission maker's perspective, not having town names is a good thing. Means you can call them what you want, and say the area is almost anywhere you want.

From a mission player's perspective it's horrible. From a zoomed out map you can't even tell where towns or villages are! You just see roads if the mission designer doesn't put in town names which quite honestly is going to happen more times than someone making up custom names and putting markers on the map for every village and town.

The DLC is great but i wish to have warfare mode which is my favorite one :)

i hope they will add it like British :) ..

BIS, thanks. It's been a while since I've fired up the game but this gives me a good reason. So far I'm enjoying the campaign. Glad to see you guys still work on this game.

When will this be out on Steam? Looking forward to it!

You don't need Steam for ACR. I asked BI when the preorder was announced. I have Arma2 and OA on Steam. I use Arma II Launcher and set ACR as a mod. I can launch ACE2, ACRE, PMC or anything else that way without ever opening Steam.

You don't need Steam for ACR. I asked BI when the preorder was announced. I have Arma2 and OA on Steam. I use Arma II Launcher and set ACR as a mod. I can launch ACE2, ACRE, PMC or anything else that way without ever opening Steam.

I've got the rest on Steam so I'd prefer to have it all in one place. And I've used the Arma II Launcher and I've come to the conclusion that I don't like it, I prefer good old fashioned commandline modification.

I, too, prefer Steam since all my other ArmA stuff is on there, so I guess it's a waiting game for us. :(

Bought it from Gamersgate on preorder. Anyone know the exact date it will be released for 3rd parties? I assume some time in August.

Also waiting for Steam. Funny things about the town names/ ALICE and Warfare mode not making an appearance.

I understand a lot don't have time/like warfare but I think it's always needed in expansions like this when previous versions e.g BAF/OA had their own? (ALICE also, love having the tension of civ life in missions.)

I may hold off to see if a patch adds any of these things as a personal preference.

But damn those units look good!

More mirrors for ACRLite please!!

I was getting a whopping 6kb/s before it timed out after 5mb. Obviously a single mirror isn't going to cut it.

The spike ATGM from the Pandur : could someone explain me how it works ? fire after locking and nothing happens, the missile goes into another dimension. (??) Overall, good DLC but I don't understand the obvious bugs not ironed, I thought the DLC would be announcing BIS new policy of bug free release (especially after have waited this long) but it looks like ArmA 3 only will have this privilege.

grass clutter is quite taxing on gpu. the same applies to tree. globally, i find these new map more power hungry than chernarus itself.

Impossible griffz! I get 60+fps in the middle of new forest!

The spike ATGM from the Pandur : could someone explain me how it works ? fire after locking and nothing happens, the missile goes into another dimension. (??) Overall, good DLC but I don't understand the obvious bugs not ironed, I thought the DLC would be announcing BIS new policy of bug free release (especially after have waited this long) but it looks like ArmA 3 only will have this privilege.

I love your optimism.

Hello!

Today I bought and installed ACR. The installation went normally. But there was a problem. I have installed CO. I run the game with a shortcut, which spelled out the additional modes. After installing the ACR I tried to run the game with one of these labels, but the ACR is not joined. Then I started the game with the file arma2oa.exe, located in the root folder of the game. ACR was connected properly.

Then I started the game with the file arma2oa.exe, located in the root folder of the game. ACR was connected properly. Then I looked, which records in the shortcut properties prevent connection ACR, and found that the prescription-mod =, even without additional mods ACR does not connect. Removing and reinstalling the ACR has not helped.

With BAF and PMC no such problems, they are connected to my labels with the mods. Please tell me how you can connect through the ACR label with additional mods? Thank you in advance.

PS Sorry for my English.

Edited by [HA]boris

I'm really asking myself why so many people have problems with the installation of ACR?

If you own ArmA CO you should launch the game from that shortcut. Go to expansion and make sure that ACR is enabled by default like all other DLC's. If it's not . . . enable it.

There's no need for a Mod launcher anymore. You control the MOD's from your expansion menu You can enable and disable the MOds from there. So I'm really in difficulty in understanding what your actual problem is. When you open your expansion is ACR listed there . . . if not you have a corrupt install I would say. You can manage all your mods in your expansion menu without problems.

I hope that helps.

More mirrors for ACRLite please!!

I was getting a whopping 6kb/s before it timed out after 5mb. Obviously a single mirror isn't going to cut it.

What are you using to download? I used internet download manager and got 5.5Mb/s from the US mirror, and I'm in Sweden...

Anyways here's another mirror, but as it's in Sweden it may not benefit you http://www.solidfiles.com/d/aba115b060/