Sign in to follow this  
jakerod

Army of the Czech Republic DLC

I am a bit disappointed too.

Not about the content which is quite important, but about the SP mission and the campaign.

There is only 1 real mission - the 3 other one are showcase and bootcamp.

And for the campaign, we're always in charge, and except for the dog mission which is quite new, and the pilot mission, I didn't really enjoy the campaign... Dunno why, but there was something missing...

As an example, the 1st mission reminded me hunt for Lopotev and Bardak from ArmA 2 campaign...which I didn't like (Thanks God, the area is smaller)!!!

I am sorry to say this, but some usermade campaign are much more better than that one...

IE: SEAL Team Six Devgru or Opération Cobalt.

Am I the only one disappointed by the SP content?

The maps Bystrica and Bukovina have no names labeled on them, at least not for me. Is this intentional? I expected them to have the real Czech names, but I see nothing at all.

Unfortunately that's normal. The maps still use the Chernarus town name road signs.

Am I the only one disappointed by the SP content?

It seems a bit rushed to me ...

Spoiler follows...

In the first mission of the campaign when you capture the first guy, I would have expected him to group with me so that I could at least get him in a vehicle. As it was I drove to the rally point and just waited for him to catch up! Considering I had just captured him, it was very nice of him not to just run off into the hills!!!

Because BAF had 9 and all were good. And because 1 mission is not enough to say the least even when not comparing.

Maybe I will blow off your mind but: the campaigns are also single player missions. Therefore, you should count them in the comparison.

First impression is I love the new content and maps, and the soldier models are especially good. The two things which I really notice are the LOD switching (as being done to death elsewhere as a function of the 1.62 patch) and also some cardboard like 2D trees which are very much like the original OFP trees. I get some yellow/glowing tree trunks on some maps at the extreme edges of three monitor visibility, but that could be not finding the optimum settings yet.

cj

The Dingo has a nice engine purr while idle, but no engine sounds once you start to accelerate.

The maps Bystrica and Bukovina have no names labeled on them, at least not for me. Is this intentional? I expected them to have the real Czech names, but I see nothing at all.

It's called beta version man. Here's hoping they will release 1.00 soon.

And they need to fix that videocard driver crashing. Happens pretty much with every Chernarus v.1/2 mission with a blue filter yet Chernarus v.1/2 doesn't crash the driver in the editor.

Edited by metalcraze

Anyone else experiencing the Czech units speaking a mix of Czech and English? Seems that sometimes they report things via radio in Czech ("I gotta reload" for example), while other times they say things in English ("# is down"). Happens especially when the player himself tries to say commands like "One less" and "Where are you?"
This concerns only the OLD Czech units - they were using this horrible mixed radio protocol before.

The new units which comes with ACR DLC should be speaking purely in Czech language.

pondering whether to buy or not? Its been asked a few times but i never saw any answers, can someone confirm these are Blufor and not independent.

pondering whether to buy or not? Its been asked a few times but i never saw any answers, can someone confirm these are Blufor and not independent.

They're BLUFOR. Why would they be independent?

Additionally, I do believe that radio voices for saying Left and Right as a vehicle commander are missing. Might just be me though.

They're BLUFOR.

Thanks

Why would they be independent?

Variety?

The Dingo has a nice engine purr while idle, but no engine sounds once you start to accelerate.

This!

And LOD switch on trees is slow (like others have said).

I have a question regarding the first mission in the campaign and the map, how did they do that? The thing with the map. It has borders and is concentrated to the area etc.

i have message in box "missing string" when i launch the setup.exe of Army of the Czech Republic DLC

download ok unzip ok i don't understand??

I have a question regarding the first mission in the campaign and the map, how did they do that? The thing with the map. It has borders and is concentrated to the area etc.

I'm not sure. It could be as simple as something with markers but I'm not sure. The Flood Wizard thing does it too.

Yeah, I noticed this vehicle does not sound very nice. It's missing something and there seems to be distortion on engine sound when you are moving with throttle on. Sounds unfinished.

God damn it, I just rolled back to 1.60 due to the 1.62 serious LOD switching problem, now I have to repatch 1.62 to install the ACR DLC. BIS, I'm really tire of you.

God damn it, I just rolled back to 1.60 due to the 1.62 serious LOD switching problem, now I have to repatch 1.62 to install the ACR DLC. BIS, I'm really tire of you.

Get used to it. Bohemia Interactive... "When It's Readyâ„¢"

Does this need operation arrowhead, or will reinforcements work too?

I have downloaded it from sprocket and installed without problems, but it dosen't show up ingame as the other DLCs does?

Do I have to add any parameters manually to the startup line?

Running OA patched to 1.62 with latest beta.

Thanks for the birthday present BIS :cool: hopefully all of the bugs will get sorted soon

Did BIS release this DLC in super secrecy or something? They could atleast announce it somewhere. Just found out by browsing this thread randomly, and I read it every day.

i have message in box "missing string" when i launch the setup.exe of Army of the Czech Republic DLC

download ok unzip ok i don't understand??

This. Does anybody have a fix for this?