Sign in to follow this  
jakerod

Army of the Czech Republic DLC

Ok I can't tell if you are trolling or not.

We have 3 terrains that are "new". They have slight changes. They are way more usable than Shapur or Proving grounds (which we've gotten in the previous DLCs).

Except Takistan and Chernarus were already there for years. Next time BIS should cut out a piece of Zargabad, add 2 houses and call it a new map.

BTW there is only 1 singleplayer single mission. Even PMC had 3. And yet BAF had 9

@kylania

Well, remembering previous products, there is no such thing as a BIS QA to pass before release. You'll probably get a patch or two later.

Too bad.

Am I the only person who seems to be quite disappointed with this DLC?

Yes. And for the 12$ you can even complain for about ten more minutes...

Can anyone confirm that ACR does not patch the version number? Or does it?

Except Takistan and Chernarus were already there for years. Next time BIS should cut out a piece of Zargabad, add 2 houses and call it a new map.

BTW there is only 1 singleplayer single mission. Even PMC had 3. And yet BAF had 9

Isn't the campaign of PMC longer than the one in BAF? And isn't the campaign in ACR longer than PMC and BAF campaigns?

Why would a DLC change anything in a base game?

Isn't the campaign of PMC longer than the one in BAF? And isn't the campaign in ACR longer than PMC and BAF campaigns?

I'm not talking about campaigns since I don't know yet.

PMC campaign was awful though. More missions don't guarantee better quality.

Edited by metalcraze

It does not, and it(ACR) is upto date and needs no patching. Sooo install this DLC after your game is up to date.

Question related to one of the vehicles...

Pandur II 8x8 CZ ( http://www.arma2.com/arma-2-acr-vehicles/vehicles_en.html )

The Pandur II 8x8 CZ is an improved all-wheel-drive armoured person carrier vehicle. Czech version differs from its original in thicker armor, reversed V shaped bottom, a new, from inside of the vehicle controlled breakwater, and driver's hatch equipped with night vision aparature. It is armed with 30mm cannon, coaxial machinegun and two guided missiles Spike, mounted on remote controlled turret. Crew consists of 8 soldiers, driver and gunner/commander. Vehicle can be transported by C-130 Hercules.

Can I actually fit this vehicle in C130 Herc and transport it? It would be really cool part of the Herc if it could actually do this along with the LAV-25. If its said in the BI website will they be making a attachto script in the future for vechicles to do this as it said it on the official BI website?

Why would a DLC change anything in a base game?

This DLC does. By overwriting the settings for units included in Operation Arrowhead units not only get different models, but also other armament, backpacks and other characteristics. It basically breaks some content, rather than merely adding new content. The number and type of bugs are not inspiring confidence in the QA process for this DLC.

Regards,

Sander

They do not change original files is what I mean. They are pretty much modfolders.

My game also crashes or better said alt+tabs it self to desktop after just few minutes. I think its the same problem as "display driver stopped responding" from the past. Now no message from nvidia though. You can still hear yourself moving around however all you can see is desktop. I used to be able to alt+tab back into the game but not anymore. Without ACR I used to get this once per five sessions, each lasting several hours. Now few minutes. I dont even have to play the game, can just wait in menu.

I noticed, if I enable FXAA, especially sharp filter, the game alt+tabs almost immediately. I have already deleted .cfg file. It made no difference.

I use GTX260. A friend of mine has GTX275 and same problem. Usually when we play, he gets it and me few min later.

Another friend of mine was getting this all the time in Armed Assault. I had it once in a while in A1.

This DLC does. By overwriting the settings for units included in Operation Arrowhead units not only get different models, but also other armament, backpacks and other characteristics. It basically breaks some content, rather than merely adding new content. The number and type of bugs are not inspiring confidence in the QA process for this DLC.

Regards,

Sander

The backpacks were existing ACR content from OA, they remained with high quality models and textures throughout the ACR lite Beta patches. As did a lot of the ACR weapons from OA.

The units certainly are new, I don't know how borked anyone's missions will be if the used the OA ACR units though.

I'm not talking about campaigns since I don't know yet.

PMC campaign was awful though. More missions don't guarantee better quality.

If more missions don't guarantee better quality... why a few post above you were pointing out how it had fewer missions than the other DLC? It seems you were complaining of quantity.

I reverting back to 1.60 from 1.61 at the start of the 1.61 RC. I have now come upto 1.62 and the latest beta or one of the latest, lets say. Just to get a confirmation, are all these terrains in ACR lower res ?

Appreciate someone answering that for me..

:)

I don't see the DLC as disappointing. I paid 10 bucks for a solid 5-10 hours of extra entertainment. Actually pretty good when you compare it to going to the theatre or something. And honesltly I can't remember all the locations on Chernarus or Takistan so the maps seem new enough to me, although there are many community maps that are MANY times better but absolutely free. Oh well I see them as a bonus to the units and campaign.

If more missions don't guarantee better quality... why a few post above you were pointing out how it had fewer missions than the other DLC? It seems you were complaining of quantity.

Because BAF had 9 and all were good. And because 1 mission is not enough to say the least even when not comparing.

Question related to one of the vehicles...

Pandur II 8x8 CZ ( http://www.arma2.com/arma-2-acr-vehicles/vehicles_en.html )

The Pandur II 8x8 CZ is an improved all-wheel-drive armoured person carrier vehicle. Czech version differs from its original in thicker armor, reversed V shaped bottom, a new, from inside of the vehicle controlled breakwater, and driver's hatch equipped with night vision aparature. It is armed with 30mm cannon, coaxial machinegun and two guided missiles Spike, mounted on remote controlled turret. Crew consists of 8 soldiers, driver and gunner/commander. Vehicle can be transported by C-130 Hercules.

Can I actually fit this vehicle in C130 Herc and transport it? It would be really cool part of the Herc if it could actually do this along with the LAV-25. If its said in the BI website will they be making a attachto script in the future for vehicles to do this as it said it on the official BI website?

Cannons don't have barrel recoil...

I pointed this problem out in the RC1 thread, please fix it for ACR 1.01, it's literally a 2 minute fix.

I was trying the single player campaign, and puff, 2 off my team members went inside a barn, and just don't come out. And i can't switch to them to get them out. I have ordered them all of the commands, i even fired at their feet to get them going, but i guess they just feel comfortable inside that f*ckin barn. When this happens, do you restart the mission???

That dog's expression is so hilarious.

I was trying the single player campaign, and puff, 2 off my team members went inside a barn, and just don't come out. And i can't switch to them to get them out. I have ordered them all of the commands, i even fired at their feet to get them going, but i guess they just feel comfortable inside that f*ckin barn. When this happens, do you restart the mission???

Hehe, you had the same problem as me then. I don't know what causes it, though. Doesn't help where ever you ask them to go after they get stuck nearby the barn door. Luckily they hadn't gone into the barn at the saved checkpoint (this is Mission #1 btw). So, try to revert to the previous checkpoint. See if that works out for you.

Edited by colossus

The maps Bystrica and Bukovina have no names labeled on them, at least not for me. Is this intentional? I expected them to have the real Czech names, but I see nothing at all.

Hehe, you had the same problem as me then. I don't know what causes it, though. Doesn't help where ever you ask them to go after they get stuck nearby the barn door. Luckily they hadn't gone into the barn at the saved checkpoint (this is Mission #1 btw). So, try to revert to the previous checkpoint. See if that works out for you.

Unfortunately, the auto save has them already in the barn. I gues i'll have to save more often. For now, i will restart the mission.