Sign in to follow this  
jakerod

Army of the Czech Republic DLC

Downloading now.

Question: is the new map all of Chernerus but with slightly different objects or is it just a small chunk of Chernarus with new objects?

Two small chunks of it with some changes is my understanding. Haven't been able to get it yet though.

Had a go of the DLC. As usual, first thing I try is spawn all the new vehicles in the editor to test them. I get to the APC and see the water jets so head straight to the river(Bystrica) to get to explore the other side, but alas :

http://i48.tinypic.com/npnybm.jpg

:( Any chance you can be faithful to your defence forces equipment and give us some amphibian action :) ? Or is it not possible with Wheeled vehicles in the Arma engine?

Bystrica is nice, but you can't help think how nice it would have been to have the whole of Chernarus re-textured.

Noticing the latest LOD problem quite badly here too. It also seems to be causing performance problems.

Not all complaints though, the content seems good, haven't finished looking at it all yet or tried the missions.

Cheers

The LAV is amphibious I think.

Using armory and I haven't managed to spawn inside the new maps. Always very far, sometimes so far that even with fully unzoomed I can't see myself.

Question: is the new map all of Chernerus but with slightly different objects or is it just a small chunk of Chernarus with new objects?

Two small areas is all. A pre-industrial Cherno+Elektro+river and an airfield.

The LAV is amphibious I think.

Yeah your right. Wonder why they did that then? mistake? Jeez only owned the damn thing for less than an hour and already have to make Dev heaven report! lol :D

Yeah your right. Wonder why they did that then? mistake? Jeez only owned the damn thing for less than an hour and already have to make Dev heaven report! lol :D

I pointed this out in one of the Beta threads as well, to which someone added that they heard that the CZ Pandur was rumoured to be too heavy to float anyway.

Why bother with the thrusters then?

The BMP2 will get you over the water no problem though, the amphibian limitation isn't wheel related.

Czech army got two versions of Pandur II, the second one was uparmored and lost amphibious ability (dunno what are the numbers of each version though). Thats from real life (I drove in it though on few occassions, pretty nice vehicle in RL). Although if they went by RL so much, does the Dingo

have a remote viewer (camera) operated CROWS or the real life periscope one? Also the GL version of Dingo shouldn't have any CROWS at all, as far as I know they just bolted an AGS17 on top of the hatch, because of some questionable purchases the ACR got Dingos with an inferiour weapon station with just a periscope for the MG and no remote GL...

Yes, there is some difference between ACR and PMC/BAF in that it must be loaded as a mod for launchers to work. I use Alpinestars' ArmA II Launcher, and ACR will not load at all unless it is chosen as a mod. PMC/BAF will always load without being selected as mods.

For some reason* I got this working without modifying the ModLauncherList. It worked after I deselected expansion/beta from the mod list. Oddly enough, beta is still listed in the main menu of OA.

I must have switched beta on in OA directly at one time.

*(Could be that I launched the game from arma2oa.exe the first time after installing ACR. I don't know.)

The RBS-70 missile acts really odd, flys off at an odd angle sometimes and the odd time misses its target first time, flys around and hits it

But I have to say that I am impressed with the content and it was worth the tenner :D

I had no problems at all installing it. ACR icon shows on ingame screen. I don't have to launch as a MOD just the same as BAF and PMC. ACR is loaded as default in expansion same as all the other official expansions.

The terrain is beautiful just had a sightseeing tour on both of them. I love it.

Thanks BIS

Made a little video of my favorite featurebug in ACR:

edit: The GetOut memory point on the T810 (MG) is so high it usually kills you when you jump out of the gunner seat:

one more bug and the T810 unwanted suicide here

Edited by Cole

Campaign impressions so far:

I've made it to the last portion of the 2nd mission. I like the missions, they're quite tough, the first mission took me over 1½ hour to complete, lol. I've had good success splitting up my team and attack from two directions on the attack points. I do miss some nice cut scenes to set the mood (ala Cold War Crisis!), and maybe the missions feel a bit scripted and mechanic. They're good fun though, I like the 2nd mission the best so far. What I did was dismounting my infantry, took the driver seat of the APC, let the AI handle the gun turret, and drove behind the infantry, causing havok to opfor :icon_twisted:.

I like the new maps. Ofcourse a full-scale Chernarus remake would have been sweet, but this is pretty nice too. I actually like small maps for missions.

I've also fired up the showcase scenario, very nice, cool vehicles. Fps is good in the campaign for me, the LOD's are a bit slow to update even though I'm running a quick Sata3 SSD, but it's not bad, and no big deal at all to me.

I did have a problem on the first mission that the AI wouldn't regroup, but that problem went away by itself after a while somehow.

Nice DLC so far. :)

The DLC does look good.

Would it be possible to include another Czech airforce plane? Reference material is...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Czech_Air_Force

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JAS_39

The community in A2 CO did great work already on a mod. It has been around for a while and is in a complete stage or nearly complete by other peoples standards. It has been tested by many people so the Quality Assurance step would be very easy to go through. in my opinion, for BI.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13547 This in NOT my work!

Just a thought, as this rewards the A2 CO community and all the authors who helped create the mod. Plus we all get to see one of the more advanced Jets of Czech in all its beauty (and the mod authors get credit for being a positive part of the community)! Its a Win, Win for everyone. Now that I think more upon this, it would be interesting to do something like this in the future for all DLC for A2 CO/A3 (nominate some complete QA tested Addons per army from BI/A2CO/A3 Community, within reason so it does not effect development BI games).

Edited by zolop0

Czech army got two versions of Pandur II, the second one was uparmored and lost amphibious ability (dunno what are the numbers of each version though). Thats from real life (I drove in it though on few occassions, pretty nice vehicle in RL). Although if they went by RL so much, does the Dingo

have a remote viewer (camera) operated CROWS or the real life periscope one? Also the GL version of Dingo shouldn't have any CROWS at all, as far as I know they just bolted an AGS17 on top of the hatch, because of some questionable purchases the ACR got Dingos with an inferiour weapon station with just a periscope for the MG and no remote GL...

Again I will reiterate my point.

Why bother with the rear thrusters then?

Am I the only person who seems to be quite disappointed with this DLC?

The maps are simply cut-outs of Takistan and Chernarus, with the exception of one Chernarus map having more land just below Chernogorsk and Elektrozavodsk.

The players were already in the game the whole time under "BLUFOR -> ACR"

The only thing different is a small amount of guns, and a small amount of vehicles which could have simply been added by modifications.

As for the missions, just remake them in the vanilla ArmA 2.

Am I the only person who seems to be quite disappointed with this DLC?

The maps are simply cut-outs of Takistan and Chernarus, with the exception of one Chernarus map having more land just below Chernogorsk and Elektrozavodsk.

The players were already in the game the whole time under "BLUFOR -> ACR"

The only thing different is a small amount of guns, and a small amount of vehicles which could have simply been added by modifications.

As for the missions, just remake them in the vanilla ArmA 2.

Ok I can't tell if you are trolling or not.

We have 3 terrains that are "new". They have slight changes. They are way more usable than Shapur or Proving grounds (which we've gotten in the previous DLCs).

The amount of guns and vehicles are actually quite high, more than was available in BAF, so I have no clue what you are whining about...

Ok I can't tell if you are trolling or not.

We have 3 terrains that are "new". They have slight changes. They are way more usable than Shapur or Proving grounds (which we've gotten in the previous DLCs).

The amount of guns and vehicles are actually quite high, more than was available in BAF, so I have no clue what you are whining about...

Not trolling what-so-ever. As for whining? I am sharing my opinion, am I not allowed or entitled to?

As soon as I installed it I loaded up the maps, immediately I noticed that they were just Chernarus and Takistan.

I went to create an ACR member from the BLUFOR list, seen no change in players or roles.

seems quite cool how they've implemented the firing range however being able to do this in MP with all weapons would be cool. (so far I don't see an option to do this)

Not trolling what-so-ever. As for whining? I am sharing my opinion, am I not allowed or entitled to?

As soon as I installed it I loaded up the maps, immediately I noticed that they were just Chernarus and Takistan.

I went to create an ACR member from the BLUFOR list, seen no change in players or roles.

How about instead of just looking at the list of ACR units, you place one down and realize they are brand new models.

There are also new guns and other new units.

How about instead of just looking at the list of ACR units, you place one down and realize they are brand new models.

There are also new guns and other new units.

I placed an ammo crate of CZ Weapons, I notice different weapons, however the models look the same to me as the old ones.

--Update--

I did notice the Woodland players, which do look pretty cool. But the be honest, the rest seems the same.

Complaining about a decent DLC that cost about the same price as a couple of pints.

There are the scenarios to try out when you create a mission as well, like using a dog to hunt down some people and the flood scenario.

Anyone know how to place a flood in the editor yet?

Going to need a submarine DLC soon. :evil:

Anyone else experiencing the Czech units speaking a mix of Czech and English? Seems that sometimes they report things via radio in Czech ("I gotta reload" for example), while other times they say things in English ("# is down"). Happens especially when the player himself tries to say commands like "One less" and "Where are you?"

Complaining about a decent DLC that cost about the same price as a couple of pints.

There are the scenarios to try out when you create a mission as well, like using a dog to hunt down some people and the flood scenario.

Anyone know how to place a flood in the editor yet?

Going to need a submarine DLC soon. :evil:

I guess I was expecting more..

Is there a multiplayer campaign?

I guess I was expecting more..

Is there a multiplayer campaign?

MP campaigns are too difficult apparently so have been dropped from ArmA. :) There's a ton of bugs in ACR that are kinda shocking to have made it through QA. Did no one ever try to drive and get out of the vehicles?