Sign in to follow this  
jakerod

Army of the Czech Republic DLC

Upload your rpt please

Oh I love the new setting of the flora! looks really greenish and summer like!

WELL DONE! Good Job!

It is good to be on vacation :cool:

It's also good to be the Boss :cool:

My AVG Free 2012 is giving a virus warning about the downloaded file A2_ACR_Setup_FULL.EXE. Anyone else got this too? Is it safe to just ignore it?

@ Bashkire

=====================================================================

== C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2OA.exe

== "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2OA.exe" -nosplash -showscripterrors

=====================================================================

Exe timestamp: 2012/07/30 13:50:57

Current time: 2012/07/30 13:51:54

Version 1.62.95248

Warning Message: No entry 'C:\Users\Bashkire.WindowsUser-PC\Documents\ArmA 2\ArmA2OA.cfg.3D_Performance'.

Warning Message: '/' is not a value

Warning Message: No entry 'C:\Users\Bashkire.WindowsUser-PC\Documents\ArmA 2\ArmA2OA.cfg.adapter'.

Warning Message: '/' is not a value

Try to delete the arma2oa.cfg. Otherwise use the forum search for this problem.

I've installed it, got no errors, but when I run CO the logo of the DLC isn't on the main menu like with BAF and PMC and none of the content is present either.

I was firing up Arma 2 with a launcher and a mod folder of addons I use pretty much all the time which caused the above issue.

I started it up without the mod folder and it worked fine. I then enabled my mod folder through the expansions menu and everything still appears to be in order (new terrain in main menu and logo in main menu).

Deleting arma2oa.cfg hasn't worked. It would seem that I now look to the forums proper. If anyone has any other tips or suggestions, please feel free to PM me. In the meantime, I feel envious at you getting to play, what I'm sure, is an amazing DLC!

The new units and vehicles look excelent. First two campaign missions could have need some ambient life (animals, civilians, rare traffic, house effects) and cutscenes. Quite static and schematic feeling so far while playing that.

Is it safe to just ignore it?

No it's not, I strongly advise you uninstall AVG which is one of the worst AV's available (after Norton/Mcafee) and go with something reliable such as Kaspersky (my personal preference) or Eset AV etc.

ACR DLC crashes my videocard driver like mad D:

Wasn't happening before it got installed.

No it's not, I strongly advise you uninstall AVG which is one of the worst AV's available (after Norton/Mcafee) and go with something reliable such as Kaspersky (my personal preference) or Eset AV etc.

Ok, that's your opinion, but AVG has come out on top in several tests that I've read, I've used it for years without problems, and it doesn't take up as many resources as other programs. So I'll stick with it. Anyway, since no one else has reported anything, I'm assuming that BIS has not made a big mistake and released a file with a virus in it.

ACR installed without problems (just had to add the "-mod=ACR" start option, since I use the Steam version of the game). Looking forward to testing out all the new stuff, the few things I've had a chance to check out so far looks awesome!

Question: Where (or when) can I download the light version of the ACR DLC ?

Xeno

Any news about this question?

I was firing up Arma 2 with a launcher and a mod folder of addons I use pretty much all the time which caused the above issue.

I started it up without the mod folder and it worked fine. I then enabled my mod folder through the expansions menu and everything still appears to be in order (new terrain in main menu and logo in main menu).

Similar issues here. If I launch with no mods it works fine, if I launch with mods it doesn't. My solution was to add ACR as a mod and it seems to then work fine using Six Updater.

Similar issues here. If I launch with no mods it works fine, if I launch with mods it doesn't. My solution was to add ACR as a mod and it seems to then work fine using Six Updater.

Had to do this as well.

The units and maps are wonderful, really nice work BIS! :)

Yes, there is some difference between ACR and PMC/BAF in that it must be loaded as a mod for launchers to work. I use Alpinestars' ArmA II Launcher, and ACR will not load with the OA beta unless it is chosen as a mod. PMC/BAF will always load with the beta without being selected as mods. If no mods nor the beta are selected, then ACR will load with the launcher. If ACR is loaded as mod with the beta, a BAF logo is shown on main screen instead of the ACR logo (so that there are two BAF logos total). My profile looks like this:

class ModLauncherList
{
class Mod1
{
	dir="ca";
	name="Arma 2";
	origin="DEFAULT";
};
class Mod2
{
	dir="expansion";
	name="Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead";
	origin="GAME DIR";
	fullPath="C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\expansion";
};
class Mod3
{
	dir="baf";
	name="Arma 2: British Armed Forces";
	origin="GAME DIR";
	fullPath="C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\baf";
};
class Mod4
{
	dir="pmc";
	name="Arma 2: Private Military Company";
	origin="GAME DIR";
	fullPath="C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\pmc";
};
class Mod5
{
	dir="acr";
	name="Arma 2: Army of the Czech Republic";
	origin="GAME DIR";
	fullPath="C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\acr";
};
};

but I added the ACR section myself. However, modlauncher info in the profile is apparently outdated; I have deleted all modalauncher info from there, and all is the same. ACR writes its registry-based modlauncher data in arma2oa.cfg now.

ACR/PMC/BAF load normally if A2OA is launched using normal shortcut to arma2oa.exe or beta patch shortcut.

Edited by OMAC

The new maps are wonderful, but how come Bystrica and Bukovina don't have towns with actual names?

Hi guys I don't have any troubles launching AÄŒR as many of you here my problem is that

I kill Andrej Kasum's driver to stop him then he get out of his car and he is cooperating and everything looks fine till we are supposed to RTB with him. There is no way to get him in the car he is either just standing and looking to it or he is running away and comming back and over and over again:confused::pet5:

You guys know that Bystrica is just part of Chernarus right?... this part to be exact:

1z5i0qs.jpg

(if you don't belive me just look at traffic signs)

Jedra: sry for that

Edited by Raxlly_CZ

Please use spoiler tags for campaign specific questions!!!

Wow this is not a good sign of what to come with A3.

I mean just look at the CZ 75. I have seen plastic toy guns looking more metallic. It looks like the textures were drawn with crayons. And i think they have a error in the model where the forward part of the slide is to far down causing the front ironsight to be to low and when all bullets are expended the barrel is clipping through it.

Everything working here.

I took the precaution to disable any mods/beta before installing and launching through the main menu.

The sea shore sounds took me by surprise !

Although the new content is nice, the fact that existing default content from Operation Arrowhead is overwritten does appear to be an odd design choice. Having desert units with different models side by side would have been a good thing, adding to the variety and avoiding introduction of mistakes due to a substandard QA procedure. Internal testing apparently failed to detect and correct unintended consequences of overwriting existing base classes.

For example rather than defining all new classes for the DLC, existing units from Arrowhead have now been replaced without fully thinking through the consequences for the machinegunner and assistant machinegunner. Instead of the M60E4 using M240 belts of 762x51 NATO the machinegunner class is now carrying the Vz59 machinegun firing 7.62x54R belts. Nonetheless the assistant machinegunner is still carrying a backpack full of 7.62x51 NATO M240 belts. It would have been much better to add all new classes for the DLC, regardless if that meant duplication of some classes for the desert units. That would have the advantage of not breaking existing content and retaining the original units as a supplement to the new DLC units.

CIT Issue

Regards,

Sander

Edited by sander

Downloading now.

Question: is the new map all of Chernerus but with slightly different objects or is it just a small chunk of Chernarus with new objects?

Had a go of the DLC. As usual, first thing I try is spawn all the new vehicles in the editor to test them. I get to the APC and see the water jets so head straight to the river(Bystrica) to get to explore the other side, but alas :

npnybm.jpg

:( Any chance you can be faithful to your defence forces equipment and give us some amphibian action :) ? Or is it not possible with Wheeled vehicles in the Arma engine?

Bystrica is nice, but you can't help think how nice it would have been to have the whole of Chernarus re-textured, or even a few more enter able buildings.

Noticing the latest LOD problem quite badly here too. It also seems to be causing performance problems.

Not all complaints though, the content seems good, the detail on that T810 is excellent. Haven't finished looking at it all yet or tried the missions.

Cheers BIS

Edited by -=seany=-