Sign in to follow this  
jakerod

Army of the Czech Republic DLC

With ACR you get three small maps in one DLC - i dont see how its worse than BAF or PMC.

BAF and PMC didn't have maps cut out from the map that was already there.

PMC's map was small but at least it had mostly new stuff. Even if most of it was just a single tree model copy pasted to infinity.

And those three maps are not just cutouts, they are different.

They are not.

The only difference is that Chernarus cut out #1 has a southern coast which is unplayable since it's really small and is more like a background.

They are not.

The only difference is that Chernarus cut out #1 has a southern coast which is unplayable since it's really small and is more like a background.

And chernagorsk lost its industrial section, and this:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/849/arma2oa2012071411380652.png/

So it isn't JUST the new "accross the river part", but it isn't very much different, no.

EDIT:

In takistan there is this on a mountain top:

Original Takistan:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6891307/Original.jpg

Cutout Takistan:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6891307/Cutout.jpg

Edited by bobtom

But they are different, at least they had to be changed to fit the ACR campaign.

Chernarus has a "river", and is using summer vegetation and textures.

Takistan cutout had some hills/rocks changed.

There should be also some small changes on the airport map.

So, they are different. Besides these insignificant changes, ACR provides more content than BAF or PMC did, so i really cannot agree when somebody says its worse than BAF or PMC.

Edited by 5133p39

I just downloaded the latest beta to check out the ACR faction and new maps. Let me begin my saying that the amount of content is purely awesome for the price this is.

Here is a list (not including the content which is already available):

Weapons:

Handguns

-CZ 75 Compact

-CZ 75 Duty

-CZ 75 Phantom

-CZ 75 Phantom SD

Sub Machine Guns

-CZ Scorpion Evo 3

-CZ Scorpion Evo 3 CCO

-CZ Scorpion Evo 3 SD

Rifles

-CZ 805 Bren A1

-CZ 805 Bren A1 G1

-CZ 805 Bren A2

-CZ 805 Bren A2 SD

-CZ 805 Bren B1 G1

Machine Guns

-UK-59

Sniper Rifles

-CZ 750

Misc

-Target Locator

Static

-RBS-70

Vehicles

Wheeled (desert)

-HMMWV AGS-30

-HMMWV DShKM

-T810

-T810 MG PKT

-T810 Open

Wheeled (woodland)

-RM-70

-T810

-T810 MG PKT

-T810 Open

-UAZ

Armored (desert)

-BRDM-2

-BMP-2

-Dingo 2 CZ GL

-Dingo 2 CZ MG

Armored (woodland)

-BRDM-2

-BMP-2

-Dingo 2 CZ GL

-Dingo 2 CZ MG

-Pandur II 8x8 CZ

-T-72M4 CZ

Air

-L-159 ALCA

-L-39C

-L-39ZA

-MI-24V

Ship

-PBX

To comment on the maps, I am not familiar enough with Chernarus to list too many differences between the two (I always thought the fall setting of Chern was really ugly so I never bothered with it, that's just me though), but they look really nice. They completely blow the summer vegetation pack out of the water IMO.

The map featuring the main airport appears to be more like a large training area, aside from military installations it seems very desolate save for a few buildings here and there, while the map that inherits Chernarus's original coastline seems to be the more populated area...a few cities, several villages, a railroad track running across the river in one section, etc. In the 15-25 minutes I messed around the map, I wasn't able to find the flooded village shown in one of the screenshots earlier. I just want to say once again that the summer terrain looks absolutely awesome, even though its the 'lite' version it still looks really, really good. Cannot wait for the full version to come out. About the size of the maps, they each are obviously smaller in size compared to Chernarus, however they are perfectly capable of allowing wide scale operations throughout without using entire map or feeling too cramped. I did not spend much time on the Takistan cut out map, when I did fly around it a little bit though I didn't notice anything majorly different. Once I spend more time with it I'll try to report back and give everyone a better idea.

Hopefully this gives everyone a better idea of what they'll be getting with the DLC.

How can ACR be worse than BAF and PMC when it isn't even out yet?

I didn't play it yet. I have paid the full price for it why cant i play it and ppl that did not pay a cent make assumptions that its bad or even better, they have it before every one else.

O trololololololololo where is my ACR :mad:

I want to rant too about it. :yay:

Content list looks great, have been missing MG-trucks after ArmA1. :) If the campaign or missions are good, I am even more happy.

Not fan of the "removed old content"-move if true, else new official content is always nice.

In takistan there is this on a mountain top:

Original Takistan:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6891307/Original.jpg

Cutout Takistan:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6891307/Cutout.jpg

Wait so they added this to a cut out instead of an original map?

But why....? Why cutting out a piece of Takistan to add a microscopic village and a few rocks and then sell it back?

How can ACR be worse than BAF and PMC when it isn't even out yet?

Install 1.61RC

Be surprised

Edited by metalcraze

I'm really curious, what was it exactly that you were expecting?

Completely new maps as in the other two DLCs like the majority (including me) expected. Not some "cut out of Chernarus/Takistan" maps which are rather pointless as 99% of all users have CO now.

The whole DLC looks nice and solid, but the maps are a bit disappointing.

Completely new maps as in the other two DLCs like the majority (including me) expected. Not some "cut out of Chernarus/Takistan" maps which are rather pointless as 99% of all users have CO now.

The whole DLC looks nice and solid, but the maps are a bit disappointing.

I think everybody would have liked the summer chernarus to be an actual summer re-creation of chernarus, but the amount of content included on the actual ACR side (I noticed new radio voices as well incase nobody pointed that out), makes it worth the $8.99 or whatever it costs right now in the BIStore.

I'm not sure what the point of the airport only map is though.

As for people complaining about the lower quality czech soldiers replacing the OA ones, it's a freakin' RC patch, it's not the final release, so stfu! Nobody forced you to install 1.61 RC1

That isle form Operation Lacerta we all were waiting for in OFP would´ve been nice :D

Install 1.61RC

Be surprised

Its

A) Bohemia is making a Gift to ppl that dont buy ACR. They are not splinting the community in MP and you can look at that what you maybe buy or not.

B) Its a Beta Patch and all the ACR stuff is not ready yet, I wait for he final.And beta patches are buggy, see the ACR OA units.

Bohemia did not want first realse the map´s in lite version because of the sice of the whole patch, 134.79 MB thats not much. I think the beta patch is not that big so I think there is lots of more stuff to come. Lets wait and see.

Who know´s what kind of engine upgrades we get with ACR.

Dont Panic, but if i makes you more comfortable keep in the torches and Molotov´s in hands reach.

I think everybody would have liked the summer chernarus to be an actual summer re-creation of chernarus, but the amount of content included on the actual ACR side (I noticed new radio voices as well incase nobody pointed that out), makes it worth the $8.99 or whatever it costs right now in the BIStore.

Not saying it's not worth it. Sure as hell is. Just the maps are a bit "lame". Complete Chernarus in summer vegetation would have been cool though.

As for people complaining about the lower quality czech soldiers replacing the OA ones, it's a freakin' RC patch, it's not the final release, so stfu! Nobody forced you to install 1.61 RC1

That.

Do note that NAPA and CDF already spoke Czech in ArmA2 (and so did southern civilians). And so did ACR in OA.

Why do you think those are new? They just sound "low-res" which may mean that not only textures got broken by Lite content.

Edited by metalcraze

To people who complain about maps

And of course we intend to release free ACR Lite content. We believe it worked great for PMC and BAF and this release should be no different (except for the new terrain, which contains a lot of data, it may not be be best idea to include it in the patch due to size and relatively limited art quality).

Do note that NAPA and CDF already spoke Czech in ArmA2 (and so did southern civilians). And so did ACR in OA.

Why do you think those are new? They just sound "low-res" which may mean that not only textures got broken by Lite content.

ACR has 3 new voices.

Gossamer says it perfectly.

The thing is, if you really want to play a summer Chernarus map, download the summer pack and use it. Otherwise - enjoy the two maps we're given, and remember, while they're cut and pasted in most areas they're still not exactly the same.

Saying that BAF and PMC are better than ACR is stupid considering it's full version hasn't even been released yet. What can you be basing that off of anyway? The beta? Okay, you mean the beta that only includes units, vehicles and maps... no missions or campaign. So basically your comparing content...let's see...not including any variants of each new unit/vehicle/aircraft, BAF gave us: 2 new aircraft (Merlin & Wildcat) since the Apache & Chinook models were already in game, 2 new vehicles (Jackal & Warrior) since the Land Rover and ATV were already in game, and 1 set of new infantry. PMC gave us: 2 new aircraft (KA-60 & Ka-137) and 1 new set of infantry. The SUV's were already present in game, the "armored" variant with mini gun was the only major change. All together 8 new models were created. With ACR, we're getting 6 new models (T810, RM-70, Dingo 2, Pandur 2, L-159 Alca, and new infantry), that's almost both BAF & PMC combined.

Onto maps...so everyone wants a new map. Honestly I think unless BI creates another Chernarus/Takistan sized map, it's going to be lose/lose for them. If its another Shapur/Proving Grounds sized map, I can hear it now: "It's TOO small, what're we supposed to do with it?!" ...now that they've taken that feedback and opted to please the community in the easiest/most cost effective way, they're still taking heat because it's snippets from old maps. My question is, why do you care? The maps are not EXACTLY the same. The changes may be small, but still, it keeps them from being identical and allows for new experiences. The fact that they are decently sized as well opens up all kinds of possibilities for combined arms operations, as opposed to the limited operating area Shapur and Proving Grounds provided us. Why a snippet of Takistan? It adds new challenges...you have to look a little outside of the box. You now don't have an airfield to operate out of, how does the lack of available air support effect your mission now? Does it put you on an equal playing field with the OPFOR? There are less roads to travel around the map, does this make you more vulnerable to ambushes traveling to certain locations? You have to stop looking at it all in such a negative way.

We don't know anything about ACR's campaign yet, so it simply cannot be compared. PMC and (even more so) BAF had excellent campaigns, but each came with their own set of flaws as well. If ACR's is anything like either of those, then it looks to me like it has both past DLC's beaten to a bloody pulp. And the best part? Your only paying $9-12 for this. I still don't understand how people can complain about that unless you're completely ungrateful or are just looking for things to complain about...when it all comes down to it just try and enjoy it for now, A3 will presumably be out sometime next year and then you can start complaining about something else.

Do note that they are different voices, if you actually took 5 seconds to pay attention.

I'm not sure why you even come to these forums, all you do is bitch and whine about everything.

I also found a BVP-1 in tracked_acr.pbo, yet I haven't seen it ingame. Maybe it's not finished yet?

I also found a BVP-1 in tracked_acr.pbo, yet I haven't seen it ingame. Maybe it's not finished yet?

you downloaded the RC patch.

Download the final 1.61 patch and buy the ACR DLC.

They added it to Takistani Army.

Yep, Jelliz is right, Taki's now have BVP-1's. Also something else I just noticed and didn't list above - under support the Czech forces have a Landrover Ambulance now too. Maybe this could possibly be added to the BAF faction as well.

Thanks Jelliz, I didn't even think to look there!

So did any of the buildings in the summer Cherno remake become enterable? It'd be great to have a Cherno with more enterable buildings like in the OA maps.