Sign in to follow this  
jakerod

Army of the Czech Republic DLC

If you pre-order Army of the Czech from the website, will you get the choice of getting a Steam key when it is released? I have all of my ArmA games on Steam and I'd love to have this one there too.

No. Ordering and Pre-ordering on the BI Store is not linked to Steam, and you won't be able to link the CD Key. Best bet would be to hold out until they release information on a Steam release. I don't see why they wouldn't make one, seems to be the way many people are getting the game(s) now.

If you pre-order Army of the Czech from the website, will you get the choice of getting a Steam key when it is released? I have all of my ArmA games on Steam and I'd love to have this one there too.

Steam != BI store

Two different platforms with probably different keys. If you really need to have it from Steam, then you have to wait for it to appear there.

Steam != BI store

Two different platforms with probably different keys. If you really need to have it from Steam, then you have to wait for it to appear there.

Except there are several "Steam versions" for sale on the BIS store, so it's not that unreasonable of a question.

Though my guess is they will have a specific "Steam version" purchase on there when it becomes available.

:blush:

Must admit that I haven't checked the store in a while, so please ignore my above statement.

New blog entry related to the DLC:

http://www.bistudio.com/company/developers-blog/313-sound-czech :)

Cool some info, Bi is listening to our prayers, salvation is near!!!

Now just need a ETA ;-)

Hopefully it releases before the ArmA 3 Community Alpha. Otherwise it seems like attention might get drawn away by the Alpha and hurt DLC sales.

Of course, I'm buying it (both if it's a P&C Alpha) anyway, so it's not a concern for me personally. :cool:

awesome! cant wait till i get my virtual hands on the CZ 805 BREN A1

"In our ongoing strive for authenticity, we reached out to Česká Zbrojovka for help with the visual and audio virtualization of the CZ 805. More than open to the idea, the company invited us to its private firing range. "

glad to hear that! Great Company offering a hand!!!

"and even the extremely detailed (and valuable) 3D blueprints of all their weapons in the DLC (Scorpion EVO II, CZ75 pistol variants and CZ 750 sniper rifle). "

WOW this makes them very likable..

Edited by tremanarch

Passionate people produce extraordinary stuff. I'm sure ACR will be another DLC proof of that :).

So will this DLC work in the same manner as BAF and PMC?

ie you can use the content with low res skins if you haven't bought it?

Will be boxed version released too? (At least in Czech rep.? :D)

@Hartmann

the units will be available like in PMC and BAF - means with low texture, but the maps of the DLC won't be included as a free version.

if you want them, you'll have to buy the DLC

anyway, I'd like to have an answer to my question:

is it possible to have more informations about the missions?

they say 15 new missions, but how many will be SP missions?

and how many will there be in the campaign?

by the way, will we be led or are we gonna lead a team?

and please, tell me there won't be high command nor warfare, I think it sucks for SP mission...

@Hartmann

the units will be available like in PMC and BAF - means with low texture, but the maps of the DLC won't be included as a free version.

if you want them, you'll have to buy the DLC

anyway, I'd like to have an answer to my question:

is it possible to have more informations about the missions?

they say 15 new missions, but how many will be SP missions?

and how many will there be in the campaign?

by the way, will we be led or are we gonna lead a team?

and please, tell me there won't be high command nor warfare, I think it sucks for SP mission...

Thanks, good to know

I second this. Unfortunately still not everybody have good internet connection at home, so box version will be quite good solution.

Yep, ProfTournesol is spot on if you look at the picture from left to right: H.M. Murdock, Templeton "Face" Peck, Hannibal Smith, B.A. Baracus and the in the back the black van. :cool:

During PCGamer's Interview about ArmA 3 and DayZ Jay Crowe described a mission which will apparently be part of ACR. Features some new elements we didn't really see in the previous missions.

[...]A few designers worked on it, it’s a bit of a mish-mash of different concepts, but I would suggest trying to play a couple of runs, there’s man’s best friend, with the dog. You’re at night, you have a flashlight on the weapon, and the dog goes ahead and hunts for some war criminal or whatever it is.[...]

Highly doubt it, if you remember the last two DLCs were not released as a hard copy. Only ArmA2:RFT (Reinforcements) was the hard copy that contained both DLCs.

That's how it was here in North America, I'm unsure of how Bohemia will publish ACR in the Czech Republic.

I might wish for some printed maps though :)

Hopefully it won't take the 3 years of begging it took to get the Chernarus map added to the store.

Already Pre-Ordered the DLC. Can't wait to try it out, for sure.