Sign in to follow this  
jakerod

Army of the Czech Republic DLC

it looks like a bmp1 wreck...

Would be nice if BIS spread the love a bit and threw in some new toys for the russians and the like...Kinda like what happened when a new DOW expansion came out, the other races got a new unit.

yea bring on the Saab jet :) and hopefuly the town signs will be readable this time? :)

can't read that alphabet at Chernarus.

That's because South Zagoria is an ethnically Russian area. Although realistically no area of the Soviet Union had a national territory dedicated to the Russians.

Hold on, if the new region is supposed to be the Czech Republic rather than Chernarus, it will be the Latin alphabet (with baffling diacritical marks).

Hold on, if the new region is supposed to be the Czech Republic rather than Chernarus, it will be the Latin alphabet (with baffling diacritical marks).

The new region is still in chenarus.

Just pre-ordered. Mainly to see what that damn flooding scenes all aboot. Plus, maybe MY $11.99 will be the deciding factor in new middleware (Hint:Xaitment) for Arma 3. Maybe that sounds self oriented but my Priest tells me my 3 greatest strengths are humbleness, Greatness and humility :\

Source?

Uneducated guess.

If Bi intends to make the new regions in a new country and we face the same old models ranging from inf to soft and hard vehicles it wouldn't feel right. Kind of lame like there is a bad guys wallmarkt somewhere and thats the reason why they look all alike.

And all the buildings looking like chenarus region.

My source are the pictures they look all like takistan and chenrus to me.

Maybe i am wrong and there is some kind of standard construction tool for buildings(not the betonblockhouses they all look the same in post soviet country's).

But for a new country I would wish new buildings so it also looks like you are somewhere else.

The clue is that you have to pre-order it on Sprocket. ;)

Yeah, I expected that, just wanted "official" word on it - mainly because I don't know it's possible for Steam to push distribution outside of Steam itself.

Uneducated guess.

If Bi intends to make the new regions in a new country and we face the same old models ranging from inf to soft and hard vehicles it wouldn't feel right. Kind of lame like there is a bad guys wallmarkt somewhere and thats the reason why they look all alike.

And all the buildings looking like chenarus region.

My source are the pictures they look all like takistan and chenrus to me.

Maybe i am wrong and there is some kind of standard construction tool for buildings(not the betonblockhouses they all look the same in post soviet country's).

But for a new country I would wish new buildings so it also looks like you are somewhere else.

Well, let's think a moment, unless they are retconning Chernarus's location away from the sea which would mess up harvest red pretty bad.

Chernarus was based on an area in the Czech Republic. They took a river deleted on of the banks, and turned that into the ocean, and the other side into the beaches of Cherno. What we see there is an area similar to Chernarus, but instead of the sea, there is a river. This is an ACR DLC, and we have a landscape that looks similar but not the same as Cherno... so it would seem to me, based on those clues, this is probably the CR region they originally sampled and converted into Chernarus.

Well, let's think a moment, unless they are retconning Chernarus's location away from the sea which would mess up harvest red pretty bad......

Chenarus is the whole country the region Harvest red plays is south zagoria, so no messing with harvest red or the story. Just a new region, like west zagoria.

Chenarus is the whole country the region Harvest red plays is south zagoria, so no messing with harvest red or the story. Just a new region, like north zagoria.

So what you're saying is that there are two areas in the fictional Chernarus... that look exactly the same... except on has a riverbank and one has a shore...

So what you're saying is that there are two areas in the fictional Chernarus... that look exactly the same... except on has a riverbank and one has a shore...

God, I hope not. To have two different terrains that feature Elektro would be ridiculous. One that was South Chern with a river and another landmass to the south and the other the existing Chernarus? Madness.

What I hope this is is an upgraded Chernarus - more enterable buildings, rocks removed from roads with Elekto and Chernogorsk now being riverine towns, not coastal ones with a new landmass to the south.

Edited by Tankbuster

Yes, thats what i am guessing.

Keep units, keep buildings,keep the alphabet.Main theme of the country stays.

Sounds strange but how you explain a region that is 50% same like south zagoria somewhere else in the world with the same type of buildings.

Or just retcon, i can live with that.

Not sure whether somebody has brought this up already, but there is a real region called Bukovina, nowadays part of the Ukraine and Romania. Could make sense to send the czech to their brethren from austro-hungarian times. And when you have a closer look on this old map (click to enlarge),

220px-Bucovina.JPG

you can find a city called Bistritz in the lower left corner of the map, nowadays Bistrita in Romania. So it could be an area map and an urban map again, like Takistan/Zagrabat.

Maybe the map designers are still in an early phase of their work (filling the gap that is a result of the ArmA3 delay due to PhysX3 update).So instead of showing an unfinished map, they replaced the fall vegetation of (parts of) Chernarus with the new summer vegetation - just a wild guess, of course.

The question of the opposition is a good one, considering that the ArmA2 models are not fully compatible with OA (thermal imaging).

It is a bit weird, I'll give you that, but I'll still play on it for sure. At least it will make porting missions from Chernarus easier.

I look forward to this DLC.

Somebody thought there were 2 maps?

I can guess that they may have taken parts from current maps and mixed and matched then add a coat of paint to produce a new maps or maps.

Summer map...yay! ;) Seems like the BI guys don't like cold&snow at all. Apart from mods - OFP thru ARMA3 - not a single snowflake.

Ok, let's wait for ARMA3 DLC "Behind enemy lines" and some beautiful Iranian mountainous regions covered in the beautiful silent white.

The problem with a snow map is that you need a bunch of snow textured units/weapons/vehicles.

Texture work takes time.

The one in this DLC is the L-159 Alca, not the L-39 Albatros.

Looks like there may be an L-39 Albatross and an L-159 Alca:

L-39:

arma2_acr_screenshot_7_thumb.jpg

L-159:

arma2_acr_screenshot_1_thumb.jpg

arma2_acr_screenshot_3_thumb.jpg

Notice the difference in shape of the nose and the rear cockpit window section