Sign in to follow this  
jakerod

Army of the Czech Republic DLC

I would think that this is more or less the area of the CR that Chernarus was based on, not a retconned Chernarus.

But interesting (perhaps only to me) is this is actually what I was talking about when I was talking about ArmA canon during BI's last ARG. I think the idea was not to take the canon too seriously because Chernarus is canon, and the CR is also canon (as seen on ANN News), and now those two landscapes are by and large identicle in the same world, and the position of the Green Sea region on the globe doesn't make a whole lot of sense. It's neat to think about, I think, but don't take it too seriously.

I would think that this is more or less the area of the CR that Chernarus was based on, not a retconned Chernarus.

But interesting (perhaps only to me) is this is actually what I was talking about when I was talking about ArmA canon during BI's last ARG. I think the idea was not to take the canon too seriously because Chernarus is canon, and the CR is also canon (as seen on ANN News), and now those two landscapes are by and large identicle in the same world, and the position of the Green Sea region on the globe doesn't make a whole lot of sense. It's neat to think about, I think, but don't take it too seriously.

I just explain it by saying that the people of Chernarus admire the people of the CZR to the degree that they adopted their language. Additionally, they sculpted the land to have the same terrain and then copied the town layouts. There we go. Everything was explained and makes 100% sense if not more.

I have to say that the new terrains are a very exiting aspect of this DLC. Chernarus is by far all-around the best island currently available in ARMA 2 and I totally support any expansion and additions to this wonderful terrain. Chernarus' one fatal flaw however is the scarcity of enterable buildings on average there are only one or two enterable structures per town which drastically reduces the tactical variety in Chernarus' urban areas. I would love to see BIS rework most of the house models from the original Chernarus to make them all enterable. Even relatively basic indoor environments would go a long way in making Chernarus an even better terrain. I for one would be willing to pay 20 dollars for a DLC that makes all the buildings enterable and I know many ARMA community members who share my opinion. In addition it would bring Chernarus inline with BIS commitments to enterable structures as seen on Limons, Takistan, and Zargabad one of the best design advancements in the recent history of the ARMA franchise.

I have to say that the new terrains are a very exiting aspect of this DLC. Chernarus is by far all-around the best island currently available in ARMA 2 and I totally support any expansion and additions to this wonderful terrain. Chernarus' one fatal flaw however is the scarcity of enterable buildings on average there are only one or two enterable structures per town which drastically reduces the tactical variety in Chernarus' urban areas. I would love to see BIS rework most of the house models from the original Chernarus to make them all enterable. Even relatively basic indoor environments would go a long way in making Chernarus an even better terrain. I for one would be willing to pay 20 dollars for a DLC that makes all the buildings enterable and I know many ARMA community members who share my opinion. In addition it would bring Chernarus inline with BIS commitments to enterable structures as seen on Limons, Takistan, and Zargabad one of the best design advancements in the recent history of the ARMA franchise.

I don't see this happening. I wish it would and hope it will but I find it to be unlikely. One problem being that if you make them enterable some buildings will probably have windows facing directly into other buildings, fences or bushes going into rooms and many of them would probably have ground coming up through the floor which is already a problem for some places. None of those look pretty and sometimes they have negative outcomes on gameplay.

Bystrica might be just another region of Chernarus, where warlords took control (like pre-2008 South Osetia, minus Russians maybe, or Chechenya 1995-1999). Shortly after order was more or less restored area was hit by natural disaster, and rebels decided to strike back using it as best possible moment to turn tables. As result ACR soldiers objective changes from providing security for humanitarian aid to suppressing possible uprising before things get out of hands.

Other possibilible scenario is, it's country destroyed by decade-long civil war (obviously-not-like-Yugoslavia ;) ), with army warmongers and influencial warlords, both a bit too eager to start another one. ACR soldiers are doing peacekeeping operation (possibly as part of multinational force, woodland BAF maybe?) that went horribly wrong at some point, forcing them to take blue off their helmets.

Just a guesswork though.

Edited by boota

Ahh BI, as if I wouldn't get this..

pre-order done $12.66AUD lighter in my electronic pocket..

also pre ordered :)

i wondered if the weapons and vehicles announced are the complete list or will we see retextured T72s ( or slightly remoddeled since they are czech built T72s which would give East German NVA mods alot less work to adapt )

what about the SP missions and campaign?

it is said that there will be 15 of them, but how many will be missions, and how many missions will the campaign include?

This is really cool, I also preordered.

Since I read a few posts back in this thread people guessing if the preorder is for a Steam version, can someone from BIS please confirm that this preorder is NOT a Steam version? (I absolutely do not want anything from Steam.)

Ive bought everything from OFP, TOH and everything ARMA. Also bought every single expansion each game had. I just bought Iron Front game as well, which in it's present form, wasn't as overwhelming as I was expecting. Should change with mods and stuff. But for this Czech thing? I'm just wondering if it's worth $12? IDK... I know it's just measly $12 and looks cool etc. But maybe I'll wait for some reviews etc.

re: Iran

You make'em sound like takistani militia. More like ex-soviet gear (Takistani reskin will do) and variety of western gear: Tomcats, Cobras, TOWs, M48, Chieftains, Scorpions, G3, MG3, some local flavour like Zulfiqar and KH2002, and quite modern-looking uniforms. And since it's 2015 (if I'm not mistaken) in Arrowhead, you could add Kontakt-5 to T-72s, so M1 would have something to fight against. Unlikely? Same goes for AK-107, SCAR-L, M1A2 in USMC service etc.

Indeed. BIS's take on them seem to be to load them with Israeli gear. How unlikely can things get.

-k

This is really cool, I also preordered.

Since I read a few posts back in this thread people guessing if the preorder is for a Steam version, can someone from BIS please confirm that this preorder is NOT a Steam version? (I absolutely do not want anything from Steam.)

The clue is that you have to pre-order it on Sprocket. ;)

I have Pre-sprocketet too like many others too, has some one new info?

Something from E3 about ACR?

Something?a little?

Definitely getting this, but it's disappointing to hear the maps will be exclusive to DLC owners (unlike Shapur and Proving Grounds) since it probably means the maps won't be adopted in multiplayer...

Definitely getting this, but it's disappointing to hear the maps will be exclusive to DLC owners (unlike Shapur and Proving Grounds) since it probably means the maps won't be adopted in multiplayer...

I'm hoping this decision is rethought because of the point you mentioned.

The current arma DLC model has worked out great, don't tamper with it!

I wouldn't take that as golden just right now. IIRC, Maruk said the islands might not be in the patch, but he didn't rule them out being in a separate download. I can understand not wanting to make the patch enormous in size, so there is still hope of there being a lite version.

Wait what? Don´t go that route BIS! If you do those maps will almost never be used in MP since not everybody in a group/clan is going to buy the DLC. I really don´t mind if the patch is huge or not. Some games required me to download 5GB Patches so really no big deal

I hope to see those air vehicles like: MI-24 Czech colors, Saab Gripen, L-39 in Czech colors, MI-2

Wait what? Don´t go that route BIS! If you do those maps will almost never be used in MP since not everybody in a group/clan is going to buy the DLC. I really don´t mind if the patch is huge or not. Some games required me to download 5GB Patches so really no big deal

This is what I'm basing that assumption on:

And of course we intend to release free ACR Lite content. We believe it worked great for PMC and BAF and this release should be no different (except for the new terrain, which contains a lot of data, it may not be be best idea to include it in the patch due to size and relatively limited art quality).

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?135429-Army-of-the-Czech-Republic-DLC&p=2163632&viewfull=1#post2163632

Looks interesting. I agree with the odd timing and bad screen shots. Second map might be more like Taki, looking at the fourth screen shot?

I'll probably buy,if The server I play on incorporates the new stuff into Domination :)

I'm sick of that damn plane though, it's in Arma 3 too isn't it? Arnt there any other cool 3rd /4th gen fighters these factions could use?

Czech Republic got JAS 39 Gripen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JAS_39_Gripen

Finally the units in the old preview surface (AAN, two years ago). A full range of ACR support vehicles (ammo truck, repair vehicle, fuel truck as well as ambulance) would be nice to have. The lack of appropriate support vehicles for BAF was a sad omission.

Regards,

Sander

Finally the units in the old preview surface (AAN, two years ago). A full range of ACR support vehicles (ammo truck, repair vehicle, fuel truck as well as ambulance) would be nice to have. The lack of appropriate support vehicles for BAF was a sad omission.

Regards,

Sander

Is that a BMP behind the SF guys in the picture where they're arresting him? Do we think that is Czech, OPFOR, or just a wreck model?