Sign in to follow this  
jakerod

Army of the Czech Republic DLC

Hell yes! Finely some realism of military work in arma not only puff puff bang bang boooom.

Looking forward to drop sandbags with ACR MI-8 to help ppl :-) a dream comes true.

Mhh how about adding some firefighters to arma? and the vehicles too?

We have Police and Doctors but no firefighters?

Tatra-check

Pandur 2-check

Dingo 2-check

Iveco LMV-pretty please ?:rolleyes:

Gonna buy it for sure.

Verdant Environments - Explore the two new summer-season terrains: Bystrica and Bukovina

Bystrica?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bansk%C3%A1_Bystrica#History

or

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pova%C5%BEsk%C3%A1_Bystrica

Bukovina?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bukovina

or

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bukovina,_Liptovsk%C3%BD_Mikul%C3%A1%C5%A1_District

Maybe one of those is where the terrains are based..at least one in each of the links is a place in Slovakia, bordering CZ. Makes sense.

Mhh how about adding some firefighters to arma? and the vehicles too?

And do you also want to have skips and garbage collectors, postmen?

:)

When we grabbed screen shots on powerful PC with perfect settings and process the properly so they look fine, users complained that it is not how their game look on their systems. This time we grabbed them on crap PC with terrible settings and saved them with bad compression, and now you complain as well. Hard to understand you, people :confused:

Price of the DLC is going to be the same as with BAF and PMC (you can have one cockpit less plane or few recycled mp maps in DLCs to some other games for similar price point :)

And of course we intend to release free ACR Lite content. We believe it worked great for PMC and BAF and this release should be no different (except for the new terrain, which contains a lot of data, it may not be be best idea to include it in the patch due to size and relatively limited art quality).

I have nooo idea why you would release sub-par screenshots :/

Please don't do that with A3 (or anything else for that matter) - it's for your own good. Those who complain just don't have a good enough PC.

And do you also want to have skips and garbage collectors, postmen?

:)

YES, YES and YES.

Adds more immersion, life is not only boom and peng.

I'm upset with BIS. This is actually pretty low.

Not even the fact that this DLC is going to be released 4 months before ArmA3 and won't work with ArmA3 is the problem.

But the fact that they hired complete amateurs to do it.

New maps look so ugly they almost make my eyes bleed. And they reuse old assets too.

BIS wants money for this? For real?

Dude, don't want it, don't buy it. You ranted in the old thread, you thought it would be a good idea to do it again, here?

On the other hand: how the fuck can you tell how are the maps? From those 6 pictures that are around the web? You serious?

Amateurs you say? Do YOU work in the industry? I would be very interested to see your related CV son...

PS: i'll defo preorder it, although i don't really have the time to play no more. I guess spending 10 eus (the equivalent of 2 packs of smokes) is more than worth it.

Definitely gonna grab this. Two new maps? Hell yeah BIS!

Also, why do people think the screens look bad/low quality? Looks fine to me...? :confused:

Interesting choice releasing this with upcoming ArmA 3, but I'm sure there will still be plenty of us playing ArmA 2 for the foreseeable future. I would LOVE to see A2 -> A3 content conversion, too.

Edited by MavericK96

I guess spending 10 eus (the equivalent of 2 packs of smokes) is more than worth it.

As with BAF and PMC, I am pretty sure it is worth the price. I'll be getting it definitely. Always wanted the CZ 805 :)

I wonder who the opfor will be though...? Surely not Takistani.

Army of the Czech Republic - the OPFOR is pretty clear, if you are an insider. OPFOR are the corrupt politicians who bought Pandurs and CASAs for thrice the price everybody else did, plus the former generals who used ministry of defence / genstab money to buy embroidered underwear (unfortunately true...)

End of rant.

Preordered the instant I saw the link this afternoon. But "release Q3" ? Come on please!!! GIVE IT TO US NOW! ;-)

BTW the flooded town looks interesting...

I'd be happy to buy this, still get plenty of fun out of PMC/BAF and A3 is still about 6 months off. What do they mean "procedural template gameplay modes" though? New SecOps? Or just the ordinary sync to player in the mission editor deal? Something completely new? New scenario in scenario editor? :confused:

Very! Scripted? Part of the Map? I'm intrigued by this, looks like it could make for some really interesting disaster relief type scenarios!

This is exciting to see. Looking forward to this new content. Wondering what the size of the map is going to be. Maybe it was posted an I over looked it. But still gonna be worth 40 bucks for me.

But still gonna be worth 40 bucks for me.

It's $11.99, so you're in luck.

Not even the fact that this DLC is going to be released 4 months before ArmA3 and won't work with ArmA3 is the problem.

New maps look so ugly they almost make my eyes bleed. And they reuse old assets too.

Hate to say it, but you're always upset about something.

Anyway, that flooded bit of land is in Elektrozavodsk. Here are the getPosATL coordinates of the grey building in the corner of the picture.

[10465.7,2395.14,-5.72205e-006]

Grid ref is 104024

I don't really mind more BLUFOR, but what we really need is more OPFOR.

It would be VERY welcomed. Maybe North African mercs? Low equipement, old but still effective western gear (MUTT with M40 recoiless, M16A1, FN-MAG, maybe even occasional M48 Patton or Leopard 1) and just as old Sowiet one (AK's, T-62, PT-76, BMP-1, ZSU-57-2), low trained but fairy well organised and with some actual combat experience. Perfectly fitting buyable force for performing coup d'etat in any third world country.

I'm with boota. More opfor would be very welcome indeed. As long as the muppets who were in charge of the PMC campaign are not making the missions here, there might be some entertaining gameplay there as well.

To be frank this DLC seems like something of a cash grab with many recycled art assets. Don't get me wrong. I will still happily purchase, as it keeps my now favorite and proven game company afloat.

-k

It's $11.99, so you're in luck.

Well once you count my pc, my son's an a the 2 guest pc's might aswell say 40 bucks. But yeah still gonna be worth wild at 11.99. I might buy 5 copies for strangers that send me a PM stating why they cant purchase it. :p

Preordered.

$12 for some extra content for the game I have spent far too many hours on already? Damn right :)

Well once you count my pc, my son's an a the 2 guest pc's might aswell say 40 bucks. But yeah still gonna be worth wild at 11.99. I might buy 5 copies for strangers that send me a PM stating why they cant purchase it. :p

I smell alot of degradation and sadism in your PM gifting plans -I like it and will most likely follow suit :aa: :756:

Edited by froggyluv

Are you absolutely determined to pollute every thread that mentions this new DLC with your ignorant terminally entitled vitriol? Don't like it, don't buy it. But the above rant based on 5 screenshots? Seriously, do yourself a favour (and us) by keeping those poisonous spoiling comments away.

Myself, I'll probably get it because it represents new maps, new units for quite cheap. I enjoyed the units of BAF and the map from PMC. That's MY decision.

Hate to say it, but you're always upset about something.

Anyway, that flooded bit of land is in Elektrozavodsk. Here are the getPosATL coordinates of the grey building in the corner of the picture.

[10465.7,2395.14,-5.72205e-006]

Grid ref is 104024

Which is the same place that is between the helmets of these two ACR guys: http://www.arma2.com/images/stories/arma2ACR/arma2_acr_screenshot_5.jpg

So the flooding is temporary or on a separate island... module perhaps?

Water level changer? Mmmm... that could explain how BIS made beautiful underwater areas for A3 ;)

I for one would welcome news of an official port of all A2/OA/DLC content to A3 at a discounted cost to owners of the originals.

Oh great, expect some forum members to come fast-roping in to complain about paying for content they already paid for ;) :D