yogdogz

[CAMPAIGN] 'F.A.L.L.O.U.T' - post apocalypse - (no addons needed!)

stuck in scavengers, killed everythjing and still cant find any supplies?????

market and all other locations marked on map are empty???????

Hello Yogdogz,

thanks for the great campaign. The atmosphere is dense and the gameplay is fun. I'm at 08: Empty Hope at the moment and loved it so far.

Some remarks from my side: When the unit stays in the warehouse their focus is pretty much on food while water will be a much bigger problem (3 days with some power bars will not be that much of a problem. The lack of water will be though.). Also they mention it's because of the radiation that they stay inside - some more information to their thoughts would be nice (maybe high opfor presence at the first two days?), since they have to leave the warehouse sometime anyway to have a chance to be rescued. And when looking at the state of the building I doubt the exposure to radiation is very much below that they would face outside.

Edited by Behemeth
typos

@GTDAWG You have to look for relative small corn bags. When you're at the marked locations order one of your AIs to do the action "Salvage supplies" when possible. They will approach the bags then. @Behemeth From the point of a mission maker the question is if there are really any better suiting buildings available in ArmA2. :)

@Trapper: I guess you are right. I'm not into mission making deeply yet, so I don't know about the possibilities. But as mentioned high OPFOR presence could be also a possible reason to hide in the warehouse for a few days. Just some remarks I wanted to add. The campaign nevertheless is amazing.

I just finished 10: Scavengers and didn't find it too difficult. I had great fun using guerrilla tactics to reduce the OPFOR presence. Sneaking without attacking didn't work for me - they always found me rather rapidly.

Now I realize that for the next mission I kept my great AKS-74p and as far as I understood keeping weapons through the campaign mission was not supported in 1.0. Am I already playing the 1.1?

There was one mission transition were I kept my weapons, too. It will be 1.0.

Just finished and chose Plan B. Looking forward for the 1.1 release! Thank you very much Yogdogz.

Greetings from the US. I have a rather serious question, you say it only requires ARMA2CO, but when I try to run it like that, it says I need ACE components installed, why is this?

I guess a messed up ACE de-/installation/ or mod launch on your side is the cause. Can't remember such error.

Make sure that ACE mod files are only installed in their mod folder and that you deactivated all ACE mod parts in the launch manager you're using. Afterwards don't use any game you saved while playing with ACE before. You'll have to revert at least to the last campaign mission you've played.

Gave it a try. The campaign looks good so far. Only 1 thing is a bit irritating. During the survive missions the equipment should be kept from mission to mission. There is no sense in it to take/find a LMG perhaps, and the next mission starts with the standard gear, wich could not be available in this situation. :confused:

After the Heli chrashed i took a DMR, 8 mags and had no nades until the warehouse. The next mission, starting in Warehouse i got a m16a4 5 mags for it and some nades. Makes no sense there

Just finished and chose Plan B. Looking forward for the 1.1 release! Thank you very much Yogdogz.

Hey guys.

Just informing that I no longer continue the work of this campaign (the v.1.1 version) because, well.. I simply have lost interest to it :). Actually the v.1.1 was half-finished, (the branch stories, new environment, fixed bugs, soundtracks were completed) but as I said, I won't continue it and won't release half-finished mission/project. I'm more likely to start fresh ideas, probably when arma 3 comes out. In fact I haven't touched the editor for 3 months (due to RL business), and even forget how some of the script could work in my mission, lol :D

Thanks for all people who had played it and gave feedbacks! Arma 3, here we come!

I was a little skeptical at first since this campaign started out really slowly and the beginning was kinda cheesy, but I'm up to the fifth mission now and enjoying every second. The only thing I'd fix is some proofreading problems, other than that it's great! I really like your use of PP effects, it makes the game look good even on my shitty computer.

Also I highly recommend playing this with the JSRS and RUG_DSAI mods by the way. It makes the missions just that much more atmospheric.

Edited by RangerPL

I played your campaign in arma 2 and in arma 3 as well with allinarma.

I really like it, 3 end and the difficult is perfect i hope you will make lots of campaign.

Sounds very interesting, i'll definetly have a try.

From what i've seen in the video, you have customly pathed the AI instead of using a waypoint(s) without mods, which is very surprising. :)

---Edit---

I had a try, finished the entire thing, I chose option B and stuck with Alex and

died. :P

It was a very GOOD campaign, I loved it! Some missions seemed to drag on such as the scavenging mission and the Option B Cherno assault mission.

ONly major issues was spelling/grammar errors, SO MANY spelling/grammar errors, it was a bit embarrasing. :P I also had AI issues at points where they would just sit there and not move if I was commanding them, but I got into a fatal stage where I needed to be revived and someone a AI took comm, then they would move.

I loved this, I also loved the characters, even though they died and it seemed that the main character shrugged it off and only cared about his own survival.

I rate this 8.5/10 or a 4.2/5, I LOVED THIS! :D

Extra note: Thank you for providing this free and enjoyable experience, I enjoyed it more then the actual ARMA 2 (And OA) campaigns and it had a very good plot. :D

Edited by Timasaurus007
Feedback

This campaign sounded promising, but it's far too cinematic - especially for one with no voice acting. Reading silly dialogue lines and watching slow camera pans proved a waste of time to me. I've spent a good half an hour with all sorts of introductory, story-telling 'missions', before quitting on this mistake.

This campaign sounded promising, but it's far too cinematic - especially for one with no voice acting. Reading silly dialogue lines and watching slow camera pans proved a waste of time to me. I've spent a good half an hour with all sorts of introductory, story-telling 'missions', before quitting on this mistake.

Sub-Human (indeed), you should take the chill pill before throwing mud on somebody else's work. You don't like it, either leave a kind feedback or find someplace else to spread your hate. Here we don't welcome such behavior.

Sub-Human (indeed), you should take the chill pill before throwing mud on somebody else's work. You don't like it, either leave a kind feedback or find someplace else to spread your hate. Here we don't welcome such behavior.

Maybe I gave harsh feedback, but I felt like this 'campaign' is a prime example of what not to do when it comes to storytelling in ArmA campaign.

*3-4 introductory missions with more cutscenes than actions.

*Introducing characters from squad - this makes me think they will die only when scripted for extra dramatic effect.

*Filler dialogue, on top of that it's very bad and full of grammatical errors.

*This much writing with no voice acting? Come on.

LOL, first time i see that someone didnt like campaign becose there is long story, many texts to read and and many cutscenes.N

No voice acting is not a big problem :) 95% of arma campaigns dont have voice acting and there are still very good.

Edited by tom3kb

No voice acting is not a big problem :) 95% of arma campaigns dont have voice acting and there are still very good.

Here the problem is filler text. The atmosphere is built through immature jokes and cliche like player watching the sunset and scared of going to war. There's so much of pointless reading, which is not related to the mission or ever brought up again throughout the campaign.

95% of ArmA campaigns don't have this much text. Look at bardosy's work. He has no voice acting, but he doesn't need it, because everything is explained in the briefing screen and there's very little dialogue inbetween.

I don't mind absence of voice acting, but when there's clear emphasis on story-telling it is an absolute must.

#1, the aurthor of the work is a non-Native English speaker. Perhaps he could have asked to community for help with editing, but that is not always and easy thing to do. Especially if you don't know folks here.

#2, story telling through cinematic is indeed a whole other skill that one must acquire. Not only that, it is an art form in itself.

I recommend you give the campaign another try. Just use the cheat keys to skip the first few missions you already have done and continue on.

Iam pretty sure he has right to have an oppinion, regardless of your approval.

Anyway, i played and enjoyed this campaign, it is a really nice one. It could have a bit shorter storry sequences, and it could use a lot less "patos" in them. Allso it could really use ACE.

But overall One of the best i played so far.

Iam pretty sure he has right to have an oppinion, regardless of your approval.

He has the right for an opinion, but he doesn't have the right to use insults to describe someone else's free work like "silly" "waste of time" and "a mistake". I think a lot of published work is not good, to say the least, but I do my best to voice my opinion in a constructive manner. This manner just discourages people who want to share their efforts. If we want people to continue contributing to the community we must voice our objections to rude behaviour like that, and not enabling it like you just did.

Edited by Variable

And i have an oppinion that anyone has right to express his oppinion and feelings as he feels, and choose words that best describe his feelings.

I have just begun to play this campaign, hence my first feedback is for

00: Prologue only. I really dig the scary atmosphere, but I think the death of the player character can not be a prologue, but the end. The AAN-style cutscene at the end is well made, but the text could use supervision by a native speaker, I spotted several typos but do not remember them. Anyway, this introduction leaves me hungry for the real prologue (what has happened before the nuclear strike) in the follow-on missions.

01: Semper Fitness: Typos aside, this is a great introduction to the campaign. Lots of soldier's banter and the typical fitness and shooting stuff we all expect since the very first mission of the original Operation Flashpoint campaign. Well executed!

02: Before Fight: Very emotional piece of mission, great camera work and music... you are almost on par or even better in storytelling than the very original Operation Flashpoint 1985 campaign. I am looking forward to the rest of this campaign, could be a real gemstone. :)

03: Overlord: A very well made urban combat mission, lots of stuff going on, typical grunt work, dramatic explosions - all one could ask for in a typical "capture that city" scenario.

04: Desperate Line: A perfect example of close quarters combat - the fight was grim for every corner of the village, and the bleak lightning added to the atmosphere. Very well executed.

05: Michigan: A more laid back kind of mission, but I like how the story arc and the personal touch all the soldier conversation has, plus, there's some action at the end and great cutscenes further build on the story arc. 

06: All Hell Breaks Loose and 07: FALLOUT: Very impressive scripting on these missions. Rather short but something I have not seen in ArmA2 or 3 yet. I am on the edge of my seat to get to know what's up next.

08: Empty hope is a long patrol mission in a bleak environment... great ambiance.

09: Salvation is very short and primarily consists of cutscenes to advance the storyline. It would really benefit from correction by a native speaker - I feel there are quite a number of grammar issues, but I cannot be sure since English is not my native tongue.